Premium Format Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seriously though, for that amount of money, they have to include a light up feature

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Finally read all of the months of posts from the gap of when I first posted in this thread. Sweet lord some of you have a daily battle inside to try and keep yourselves from buying things. Some posters basically posted the same sentiment dozens of times over and over stating why they won't buy it and that it's too expensive.

I also hate seeing the mention of the light up hot toys saber. As someone who owned that figure, that light up feature was just awful. I think the striations on blade make it really difficult to get it to light up well with LED while maintaining a good red color. And it will take more than a Driver sculpt and melted Vader helmet I will see all over eBay to make me go back to the toy look and feel of the figures. To each their own.

I get the arguments of the price but like I've said until I see a comparable Kylo Ren better priced it's not a strong argument. I think people are underestimating the cost of his wardrobe. Even the 1/6 hot toys Kylo was selling for like 10% more than the trooper figs.

Now the leak says Kylo has "some" changes in his costume. So a second PF is inevitable, just like the second pf of Rey.
Now the question to ask yourself would be: would you just order the current pair of Rey and Kylo, or the pair of Ep 8, or if you don't mind to get two pairs?

Now the leak says Kylo has "some" changes in his costume. So a second PF is inevitable, just like the second pf of Rey.
Now the question to ask yourself would be: would you just order the current pair of Rey and Kylo, or the pair of Ep 8, or if you don't mind to get two pairs?

Whichever comes out first. :D

If I like the second one more when it comes out in two years I'll sell the first one for a profit since it's going to sell out and use that money to buy the second one. The world of reselling is a magical place.

If I like the second one more when it comes out in two years I'll sell the first one for a profit since it's going to sell out and use that money to buy the second one. The world of reselling is a magical place.

exactly this!

Already have Kylo PO'd, but I'm passing on this version of Rey. It'll just depend on what the new versions look like. As long as they improve Rey's head sculpt for the next one, I'll def pick it up. As far as Kylo, if I like the new look I'll prob just sell the 1st PF to pay for the new PF.

There was no doubt in my mind a second PF would come, and probably a third after IX tbh :lol

As far as Rey, I'm not buying any PF of her as long as she isn't represented as a powerful Jedi. I like her costume in VII but that's not enough for me, I like powerful characters (and lightsabers). If she is awesome in VIII, I'll get her Episode VIII PF which will no doubt come with a lightsaber.

Regarding Kylo, the second PF is such a long way away... I'll definitely be getting the first one as I already like the looks and the character, although I'm sure his new look will be at least as good, it's just going to happen in way too long to skip that first PF which is quite close now. Best scenario is early 2019 for the next Kylo PF... No thanks :lol
There will be more than enough time to decide if I want to have both, or if I should sell the first one. If his appearance is different enough, I can definitely see myself keeping both.

I think I'm gonna stick with 6th scale for TFA, first time for me but I think it's the best. Cept maybe Kylo, love me some sith designs :p

I get the arguments of the price but like I've said until I see a comparable Kylo Ren better priced it's not a strong argument.

Nor is this, you do not need to see a like for like item at a lower price to know that this is incredibly expensive for what is on offer.

I love the Kylo look and design !!! and the Character too.. im sure he will develop in the upcoming movies but his torn, unstable character is just super interesting to me

Nor is this, you do not need to see a like for like item at a lower price to know that this is incredibly expensive for what is on offer.

I mean...that's kind of how the free market works. If fans want to resell their used Mythos Obi wan they bought for $350 back in the day on eBay for $1500 then manufacturers are going to increase the cost of Limited runs. Especially when there appears to be plenty of people willing to pay the cost.

And like I've said I think people are really underestimating the cost of his wardrobe that isn't as simple as people are making it out to be.

I buy what I like. After the Sandtrooper argument thread lol I'll just buy what I like and I love my Sandy and I'll love my Kylo. Eh the Rey PF I'm on the fence. Nothing to do with the item itself. Just saw that Prime 1 Wonder Woman and I thought it was a real photo at first. I mean they have hair lol and the skin is so real. Wish they made some Rey PFs

I mean...that's kind of how the free market works. If fans want to resell their used Mythos Obi wan they bought for $350 back in the day on eBay for $1500 then manufacturers are going to increase the cost of Limited runs. Especially when there appears to be plenty of people willing to pay the cost.

And like I've said I think people are really underestimating the cost of his wardrobe that isn't as simple as people are making it out to be.

I doubt Kylo will ever cost over the price we paying now, is he pricey? a bit but I think he's worth it, the pose, the work gone into the statue its a brilliant looking PF. I am buying him because this one fantastic piece I intend to have in my collection next to Vader and Boba fett, never will intend on selling him.

I love the Kylo look and design !!! and the Character too.. im sure he will develop in the upcoming movies but his torn, unstable character is just super interesting to me

Definitely agree. Love that (knowing Vader is too iconic to upstage) they purposefully made him a self-aware Vader wannabe. The fact that he wants to be like Vader but is in actuality Vader's polar opposite makes for an interesting character. It also leaves his future totally up in the air. Trying to guess where his character is going to end up is pointless. Many assume he'll be redeemed like Vader, but that seems like a stretch given his killing of Han.

Vader was a madman -- a genocidal maniac who became consumed by anger and hatred when he felt as though the universe had backed him into a corner. BUT the reason he is able to be redeemed to some degree is that, despite everything he did, he loved his family. In fact, love for his family is what led him down the dark path in the first place. It's also what saved him in the end.

Kylo does not have that quality. He had a loving family, but he took everything they ever offered him and threw it back in their face. Doubtful he gets milk and cookies in the end.

Regardless of whether he is redeemed or killed (Personally I'd write something in-between), it'll be fascinating to see what happens when he and Leia come face to face again.

Okay, I'm going to stop talking about this movie now. I could go on forever. Hell, somebody brought up a subject I feel strongly about regarding the new trilogy in the Hot Toys Chirrut thread and I practically wrote a manifesto on it -- even though it had nothing to do whatsoever with the figure!

Okay, I'm going to stop talking about this movie now. I could go on forever. Hell, somebody brought up a subject I feel strongly about regarding the new trilogy in the Hot Toys Chirrut thread and I practically wrote a manifesto on it -- even though it had nothing to do whatsoever with the figure!

Ehh, that's why it's call a forum, good and interesting post. At least you're in the Kylo section :)

Plus it's these reasons we collect very costly statues. The passion for these stories translates into buying them. An example for me is the Court of the Dead.

Let me be clear. Every single one of the Court of the Dead statues is in my opinion some of the most badass works of art I have seen from SS or from a lot of companies. If I was rich I would own them all but since I'm not I buy what I have a passion for and so that's my point to your feelings on the characters. You would most likely not buy Ren without your passion for it.

Back