Premium Format Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's 2016, they can manufacture whatever kind of tube they want, they can even make one in the exact shape of the blade but 80% smaller so that it fits perfectly inside. The shape doesn't matter, everything lights up nowadays.

Whether this will light up or not is all about whether or not they are willing to put in the effort and money.

this. anything could be done if you are willing to spend the bucks. Maybe we will get it on the next version...reason to upgrade, lol.

It's 2016, they can manufacture whatever kind of tube they want, they can even make one in the exact shape of the blade but 80% smaller so that it fits perfectly inside. The shape doesn't matter, everything lights up nowadays.

Whether this will light up or not is all about whether or not they are willing to put in the effort and money.

It can be done. But mass producing it to look good can be expensive. Unless they just make it look terrible like on the hot toy.

It can be done. But mass producing it to look good can be expensive. Unless they just make it look terrible like on the hot toy.
Exactly, but at least Hot Toys was able to do it... and at 1/6th!

The lighting on Darth Talon's lightsaber is awful but you never hear anyone complain of that. I guess TNA is more important!

Exactly, but at least Hot Toys was able to do it... and at 1/6th!

The lighting on Darth Talon's lightsaber is awful but you never hear anyone complain of that. I guess TNA is more important!

I think nowadays people would for sure complain about that kind of light up feature on a new PF, especially given current prices. It's long gone on Sideshow statues so for them to go back to that little LED at the base of the blade would be kind of lame. Personally I know I would never turn it on because it looks like ****, whereas their current approach is pretty much as close to a lightsaber as we can get with modern technology at a reasonable cost.

That being said I think the blade looks a-ma-zing on the proto (honestly, so much better than the Hot Toys and Iron Studios) and if that's what we get I'm cool with it, but if they can go the extra mile and put a proper light up system in there... Man, I would love it.

Remember the Han in carbonite PF? Looked all solid grey when off, then you turn it on and you can see the red light through the finish. That's kinda how I'm imagining the light up feature on the Kylo PF. The blade looking like the one on the proto (as opposed to just red translucent plastic) when the light is off but then you turn it on and boom.

Yeah, I don't think Sideshow is going to want to step backwards. Every Sith or Jedi they've built since their Asajj Ventress PF has had a light feature for the lightsaber. I'm almost certain they'll light this one.

Got one more space left to complete my trilogy of villains, was thinking shall I get a storm trooper for the original trilogy? or wait for a new emperor PF? but I think Kyloren would be sick to go on the end next to Vader

I'm still hoping that the international shipping price on Kylo will be altered in our favour, it seems disproportionately high which doesn't help when combined with his incredibly high base price. If it is, I'm still considering him, although I've stuck to my guns this long as much as I'd like him..

I'm still hoping that the international shipping price on Kylo will be altered in our favour, it seems disproportionately high which doesn't help when combined with his incredibly high base price. If it is, I'm still considering him, although I've stuck to my guns this long as much as I'd like him..

Every post you make about the price being too high is you reaching further and further for that preorder button.

Just resell it for a profit after if you feel like you paid too much and regret it. It's far more limited than the Vader PF and the guy has two more movies in a trilogy coming over the next 3 years.

Every post you make about the price being too high is you reaching further and further for that preorder button.

Just resell it for a profit after if you feel like you paid too much and regret it. It's far more limited than the Vader PF and the guy has two more movies in a trilogy coming over the next 3 years.

:lol I was thinking the same thing ! you seam to love this piece... you seam to be more miserable not buying it rather than the price...

:lol I was thinking the same thing ! you seam to love this piece... you seam to be more miserable not buying it rather than the price...

Oh I do, I've said so many times, it's great (minus the lack of light up maybe) But at the same time, the price is still mad and we all have to stick to our guns at some point. I caved and ordered the $650 Wolf Predator LSB that most people borked at, I can't afford to keep doing so at these new prices tbh. Kylo, while a lovely statue, just doesn't seem to offer enough for the money put on him. I doubt many will be making a profit on this guy, he really isn't that limited, he's just relatively so compared to Vader which is basically mass produced. If I'm miserable, it is only with regards to the price which will be about $1000 to my door. I'll be disappointed if I don't get this, but at the same time, It will be for a good reason, so it is just the money for me. The fact that we've seen even crazier price points since this was revealed in no way makes this one any more reasonable for me.

Back