Premium Format Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that's cool. Yeah I never really looked at it and only remembered the one on the front. If there are 3 it's an even better reason to have them light up :lol

Wow that's cool. Yeah I never really looked at it and only remembered the one on the front. If there are 3 it's an even better reason to have them light up :lol
There are 3. This was confirmed by the artist/sculptor himself. It's inspired by Kylo's 3-bladed lightsaber.

He still looks amazing. I do wish he were a bit less expensive, even the high shipping cost on him, anything really just to make it a bit easier to order. This is fine craftsmanship no doubt..

74Qm2gx.png

Perfect pose. You can pretend he's either freezing a blaster bolt in midair or pulling someone's thoughts out of their head, two things not done by any other villain. The pose is pure Kylo.

Yeah, the likely inspiration was this scene where he is facing Rey in the woods:

giphy.gif

Pure dopeness.

Wow, I never noticed that before. I always just thought it was an artistic take on the opening scene with Poe. Cool stuff.

So, I can get this for $468 shipped for free using my currents rewards points. OR I can get the Sandtrooper for $318 plus shipping. That's my current choices for ordering at the moment.

With Spook still going on I should add to that RP total as well.

What do you think is the better deal for me to choose?

Wow, I never noticed that before. I always just thought it was an artistic take on the opening scene with Poe. Cool stuff.

So, I can get this for $468 shipped for free using my currents rewards points. OR I can get the Sandtrooper for $318 plus shipping. That's my current choices for ordering at the moment.

With Spook still going on I should add to that RP total as well.

What do you think is the better deal for me to choose?
I love the OT and I would go Sandtrooper all day if not for the wonky lid.
This Kylo is cool except for the price.

Sorry I wasn't much help. :lol

An awesome looking dark side user with two movies to come, or a Sandtrooper?

Look at my avatar and try to guess what my advice would be :lol

:lol Yes. And generally I buy more "premier bad guys" for my collection just because they look so much cooler. But I'm going for the "best deal right now" as I most likely will end up with both in time.

:lol Yes. And generally I buy more "premier bad guys" for my collection just because they look so much cooler. But I'm going for the "best deal right now" as I most likely will end up with both in time.

Well I own a ST and it's great but I'd pick Kylo first. You can get the ST now but if that means no Kylo order Kylo now. It's just badass.

I have a plan for mine. I thought I'd put him with Vader but since the light up shelf for Vader only 1/6 Vaders will go there if anything ever.

So Kylo will be getting his own shelf and I have a plan to do his own shelf and if it works it will be insane.

Just looked at these for old times sake.

IMG_9166.jpgIMG_9167.jpg

Everything about this piece screams awesome, minus the non-lightup saber (which will hopefully change). Not that the saber they made is bad looking, quite the opposite. But I just don't know how they can get a lightup to work with the "style of blade" that the saber is supposed to convey.

I'm confident they'll find a way. Technology is just crazy nowadays. We really live in the "future" if you know what I mean.
The stuff they put into collectibles... Even some unlicensed ones like the Dragonball statues you see on eBay have insane light up features, and for very reasonable prices at that.

I have mentioned it before but if Master Replicas managed to do this so many years ago:

Sideshow should be able to create a convincing light up effect for Kylo's saber. In any case, a light up feature will make it more accurate than no light up.
That being said, I am in the same boat as you, I think the saber looks awesome as is.

Everything about this piece screams awesome, minus the non-lightup saber (which will hopefully change). Not that the saber they made is bad looking, quite the opposite. But I just don't know how they can get a lightup to work with the "style of blade" that the saber is supposed to convey.

If you look at it from a distance it actually appears as it should with instability at the edges. Basically every company uses that veiny look lol imagine if it lights up man.

Those little side blades are near impossible to reproduce with a solid plastic or solid anything but if that's the worst I'll be overly happy. Wish I ordered 2 of these.

I think that while many complain of the cost and that's well ok the robe itself is looking insane. Roll the quality in with the character and there you go.

As always in hands will be the ultimate judge but I've not seen anyone who has seen any in person say anything bad only great stuff.

Additionally I thought they said they were making more than 1500. Guess I remembered wrong or is it the Mandela effect.

I'm confident they'll find a way. Technology is just crazy nowadays. We really live in the "future" if you know what I mean.
The stuff they put into collectibles... Even some unlicensed ones like the Dragonball statues you see on eBay have insane light up features, and for very reasonable prices at that.

I have mentioned it before but if Master Replicas managed to do this so many years ago:

Sideshow should be able to create a convincing light up effect for Kylo's saber. In any case, a light up feature will make it more accurate than no light up.
That being said, I am in the same boat as you, I think the saber looks awesome as is.

Very cool effect! I've never seen that one before.

I used to own it back in my LOTR days so I can tell you first hand, it was amazing :rock
Especially back then because we didn't have all the crazy features we have now when it comes to collectibles. This is when lightsabers barely had the super weak LED light up feature. It was pretty crazy to get something so well executed and very movie accurate, and it wasn't even that expensive.

Damn... MR was such an amazing brand. Wish they were still around :(

Yea, I'd never seen that LOTR piece before either. Pretty awesome. I'd love to have something like that.

It's a really cool and unique piece. I miss it a lot. I miss a lot of my LOTR stuff actually, used to have the Legendary Scale busts of Sauron and Morgul Lord as well, such incredible pieces by Sideshow. Those were good times for sure, quality was amazing at very reasonable prices compared to what we are paying nowadays :)

It's fairly easy to find but prices have raised quite a bit, it used to sell for retail (barely) for a very long time just like many other Master Replicas products, but at some point they always end up gaining some serious value and it finally happened to the Finger of Sauron as well.

I get the worries about price, but the lack of a comparable option and rewards cash burning a whole in my digital wallet made it a must buy.

I don't really get the discussion of needing to see through Episode 9. He's a Skywalker and will be one of the most important figures in the trilogy regardless of what specifically takes place.

I get the worries about price, but the lack of a comparable option and rewards cash burning a whole in my digital wallet made it a must buy.

I don't really get the discussion of needing to see through Episode 9. He's a Skywalker and will be one of the most important figures in the trilogy regardless of what specifically takes place.

Agree, but on shelf presence alone it was a must buy for me...

Back