Kojima Remaking MGS 1 in Fox Engine!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've played them all before except 4. I just never got around to that one. So i was wanting to play through them all again before 5 comes out. The Legacy Collection seemed to be the cheaper route, and it provided MGS & MGS4 on the disc.

MGS1 doesn't come on a disc in the legacy collection. It's a download PSN code.

I have no idea what a Fox Engine is, and have not played video games in years. But when my son was little we played the original MGS through several times. Played MG2 twice. Couldn't finish MG3. Has MG4 come out even? Would absolutely look forward to playing a new and updated MG1 with my boy.

I have no idea what a Fox Engine is, and have not played video games in years. But when my son was little we played the original MGS through several times. Played MG2 twice. Couldn't finish MG3. Has MG4 come out even? Would absolutely look forward to playing a new and updated MG1 with my boy.

MGS4 is available. Don't expect a remake of MGS1 for a few years. The Fox Engine is the medium in which MGS5 was developed. All companies develop their own engines for building a game. I think GTAIV and Read Dead Redemption ran on the Chaos engine. They are just software given their own little moniker.

I think were approaching that. Kojima has said that he's not done with Solid Snake, maybe that's what he means.

Going back to Shadow Moses in MGS4 was amazing. Playing the original MGS with that gameplay will be amazing

I don't think so. MGS1's map layout was never supposed to have any of that stuff. Twin Snake's added FPS view made the game way too easy. I'm pretty sure Snake won't use CQC like MGS4.

A MGS thread with a bunch of complaining and bashing? Sounds about right for SSF. I'll just stick to the official news updates and enjoy it when and if it happens for what it is. Nothing will ever be the same as your first time, why keep chasing it.. ;)

If its the same in all but graphics then - winner

If its a jack bauer voice acted 'dying snake' with a new story. well...

If its the same in all but graphics then - winner

If its a jack bauer voice acted 'dying snake' with a new story. well...

Just new graphics won't do it man. The gameplay of MGS1 hasn't aged well for people outside of the franchise.

I honestly think they will overhaul the gameplay/map layout and retcon some of the story.

A MGS thread with a bunch of complaining and bashing? Sounds about right for SSF. I'll just stick to the official news updates and enjoy it when and if it happens for what it is. Nothing will ever be the same as your first time, why keep chasing it.. ;)

That's cool.

Well, you have to understand that a lot of folks have invested 15 years (or longer) into MGS from: playing the games, delving into the story lines, and buying the merchandise, and they're able to compare and contrast where the series was and where it's going.

It's not about "chasing" an experience, or a futilely trying to relive a high that we once had. It's just common sense that the series is headed in the wrong direction, when there's a need to retcon things and remake the past games in order to account for those changes. It's even worse when it's coming from the creator, himself (Kojima), since all of those changes will become "official" and negate the elements of the past storyline.

Like I said before, something as classic and revolutionary as the first MGS game needs to be left alone, and just appreciated for what it is. Kojima is single-handedly destroying his own series.

Look at the state of the franchise, there's plenty to ***** about :lol

Weren't all of us (even Science Friction) bashing the firing of David Hayter a few weeks ago? :lol

If he did MG1+2 then he'd have my attention, MGS1 is fine to me, i still really enjoy playing it.Graphics may not be great but its the nostalgic factor that i enjoy with it.

Back