Kojima Remaking MGS 1 in Fox Engine!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And people still think Kojima has the same credibility and talent that he had years ago... It's still stunning to me how many blindly follow the herd off the cliff.

Amazes me sometimes on here people defending his story telling.

Amazes me sometimes on here people defending his story telling.

There is too many things that can be used for ammo from Peace Walker that cuts the legs out from his story telling argument.

The love story between Big Boss and Kaz.

Technology far more advanced than 21st century MGS.

Huey Emmerich being associated with Big Boss. Like really? Does history need to ****ing repeat with that family too?

Singing ****ing Mechs?

The Boss's AI? Ugh.

All that Big Boss ever does is pine over The Boss's death, and he's had practically zero character growth in the previous games. "I haz teh sadz cuz I killed mah Bawzz! My em0ti0nz..."

axoguo.jpg

All that Big Boss ever does is pine over The Boss's death, and he's had practically zero character growth in the previous games. "I haz teh sadz cuz I killed mah Bawzz! My em0ti0nz..."

He's been a teenage girl for 3 games now. He's been wandering aimlessly forward in his life. We still don't know what exactly his goal is. In all honesty, there is nothing to root for in these games anymore.

Last edited:
You have to play Peace Walker. If "Date with Kaz" doesn't change your whole outlook on Big Boss, noting will :rotfl.

I almost refuse to. MGS3 is my favorite game in the series. I tried getting into Peace Walker when it first came out, but something about it just didn't engage me like the other MGS games did. I'm gonna have to try playing through it again eventually.

Interesting choice of Avatar given your views :lol

You really have not been paying attention... :lol

I never said that I hated Big Boss. I just hate the way that Kojima has handled him since MGS 3. He seems to be stuck as a character clone of Solid Snake; everything from his mannerisms to the way Kojima has him fight Metal Gear mechs (just like Solid Snake did :slap). Snake did all of that first, and they just copied it onto Big Boss - without giving him a unique personality of his own. In addition, making him an emo cry-baby who only cries after The Boss, in every game is just sloppy writing.

I've said it before, I hope that MGS V does things differently. Hopefully, we'll finally see Big Boss branch off and become his "own person". I'm optimistic in that regard, because he and Kaz seemed to have gone through a lot of ****, and he seems to be taking a turn for the dark side.

I almost refuse to. MGS3 is my favorite game in the series. I tried getting into Peace Walker when it first came out, but something about it just didn't engage me like the other MGS games did. I'm gonna have to try playing through it again eventually.

I don't blame you. Peace Walker was like a different kind of MGS game. It hardly looked like anything familiar from MGS 3 or the rest of the series. There were advanced AI mechs, and an advanced Metal Gear AI with The Boss's personality (or it was possessed by her ghost, I can't remember). It was just weird, man. There wasn't even a single human boss, and the new characters were just blatantly annoying. There's practically nothing memorable about that game, aside from the ending where you see how Outer Heaven was finally established.

You'll probably be better off just checking Wikipedia or asking someone for info. Don't force yourself to play it just for MGS V - just try to familiarize yourself with the back story :lol.

Back