Kojima Remaking MGS 1 in Fox Engine!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_mbyl1pl5gb1rg3wiro1_500.gif

Who knows maybe its what this franchise needs look at DMC and tomb raider.

Maybe Tomb Raider but DMC? Capcom shopped it out and it was a utter failure. If MGS1 isn't going to be handled in house by Koji Pro I can call it now that it's going to be a bomb.

Maybe Tomb Raider but DMC? Capcom shopped it out and it was a utter failure. If MGS1 isn't going to be handled in house by Koji Pro I can call it now that it's going to be a bomb.

Your right if they let another studio gets their hands on it could be even worse the TTS .DMC was a failure but a damn good game .

Your right if they let another studio gets their hands on it could be even worse the TTS .DMC was a failure but a damn good game .

Yeah I heard DMC played great, but a lot of people reviled the story and drastic change in Dante's look and the sales prove that most gamers despised it.

Platinum really made Rising their own, and it's so far out of the canon to me that I didn't feel sore about it and really enjoyed it.

But with MGS1... anything but Kojima handling it I will not accept. I've been on the Koji hate train like most of you guys, but I just can't see another remake being in someones hands other than Koji. It's the best chance on something amazing. If it's in stone that another company is handling it, I can say right now that the game is doomed before inception.

The original MGS was a masterpiece. There was no good reason to release Twin Snakes and this "Fox Engine" Remake. The reason to release it was to please the people who are so hung up about "bad graphics."

The original MGS was a masterpiece. There was no good reason to release Twin Snakes and this "Fox Engine" Remake. The reason to release it was to please the people who are so hung up about "bad graphics."

Well MGS1 hasn't aged well at all. I think fans who would like a revisit to the game just want it to be essentially the same aside from the new graphics engine. I want the same quality of acting and music more than anything.

Well MGS1 hasn't aged well at all. I think fans who would like a revisit to the game just want it to be essentially the same aside from the new graphics engine. I want the same quality of acting and music more than anything.

Maybe it's just me then. I just replayed it recently and it's still as enjoyable as any other high budget modern game out right now.

Maybe it's just me then. I just replayed it recently and it's still as enjoyable as any other high budget modern game out right now.

Obviously I still love it and it's just as enjoyable as it was in 1998. But personally I would like to experience it with today's technology... but only if done right.

The Twin Snakes feels like a wound that will never heal for me.

HOpe the voice cast do return. That is one element of its charm. I seem to remember them getting the cast back with thr exception of one actor when they remade it on Game Cube.

Obviously I still love it and it's just as enjoyable as it was in 1998. But personally I would like to experience it with today's technology... but only if done right.

The Twin Snakes feels like a wound that will never heal for me.

I think the main thing that is jarring me is that I've experienced MGS SO MANY TIMES already........*sigh* I just want MG/MG2 remake :monkey3

I think the main thing that is jarring me is that I've experienced MGS SO MANY TIMES already........*sigh* I just want MG/MG2 remake :monkey3

I do too, and honestly I would put MG1/2 remakes priority over any future MGS release.

Im very excited to see how this goes.
I would love a straight rehash, with the same everything but next-gen graphics, but I don't think that's happening. Kojima wants it updated, but as long as he art style and Voice acting stays the same, im happy.
Hopefully one can make the charterers look as ugly as they did TTS either *shudder*

I still thing MGS is the one of the best games of all time. I also find the retro graphics charming, but that might be nostalgia vision. But the art style really shows through in the game.

What possible studio could handle this well, id like to say Naughty Dog they have a very different approch to things...

Well, I know one good thing that'll come out of this for me. Hopefully more MGS1 figures :yess:
1:6 Grey Fox would be too sick

Well Kojima, you just talked me out of buying the Legacy Collection. I was really looking forward to getting it and playing through the whole series before MGS 5 came out...

Well Kojima, you just talked me out of buying the Legacy Collection. I was really looking forward to getting it and playing through the whole series before MGS 5 came out...

I would still buy the Legacy Collection if I were you. Transitioning from a Fox Engine MGS1 to PS2 MGS2/3 will be weird for newcomers.

The Legacy Collection is just more milking.

I think Kojima has fallen off and isn't the status he used to be when you compare his line of games with other people's/companies. His story telling has become a garden variety Japanese experience.

Last edited:
I would still buy the Legacy Collection if I were you. Transitioning from a Fox Engine MGS1 to PS2 MGS2/3 will be weird for newcomers.

I've played them all before except 4. I just never got around to that one. So i was wanting to play through them all again before 5 comes out. The Legacy Collection seemed to be the cheaper route, and it provided MGS & MGS4 on the disc.

Back