Kaustic Plastik/Infinite Statue 1:6 Lon Chaney’s Phantom of the Opera Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going by the wrists, is this more a "statue" than a figure?
Or will there be two versions?

It's the way KP does arms. They are pre-posed and attach below the elbow and can be swapped out for different poses. Their Nosferatu figure was exactly the same.

Fun fact: The Phantom DOES sleep in a coffin. He doesn’t have to, it’s just an eccentrcity.
I was wondering if any other nerds was going to state this. I didn't want to because I seem to do this all the time.... and peeps will think I am a know it all,lol. You are correct: "That...is where I sleep." as he eerily beckons to the coffin upon Christine finding it behind the dark drapes.

Last edited:
I was wondering if any other nerds was going to state this. I didn't want to because I seem to do this all the time.... and peeps will think I am a know it all,lol. You are correct: "That...is where I sleep." as he eerily beckons to the coffin upon Christine finding it behind the dark drapes.
"That...is where I sleep."
.. but don't get me wrong.. I am no creep!

To which Christine responded with "yeah rite" and then fainted.

I'm all in on these classic monster figures. Looks awesome!

20240131_050723.jpg

He looks great, but I wish they'd give us a more straight-on gaze. The side-eye limits the posing options. I noticed that same issue with Nosferatu. A minor gripe, but it would be nice

Well, true. It just seems everyone is going with alternative mask heads these days rather than removable ones. With the hat also in play, a removable mask and hat would probably balloon in size and just not look right. I think a removable hat on an attached masked head would probably work though.

I’m hoping for at least three heads, even if one is exclusive like the Hammer figures. NECA I think had 5 with their recent 7” figure.
-the head we’ve seen
-mask head
-mask removal face (exclusive to organ set?)
1706805690723.jpeg

Yes, mask removal head would be a missed opportunity if not included. It's as iconic as Lee's Dracula big bloody mouth shot from Horror of Dracula.

Just realized if you take the body from the Retro glow NECA Phantom you get a close approximation to the upcoming KP Phantom.

IMG_5273.jpeg

Curious if the red tie/vest or black/dark colored is more accurate to the film’s actual costume now. Hard to tell if in the teaser if KP has a black vest or just the robe is covering a red vest.

Even Sideshow went with the red coloring for their 1:6 figure (and 8” and PF).

1709089283913.jpeg

It's the way KP does arms. They are pre-posed and attach below the elbow and can be swapped out for different poses. Their Nosferatu figure was exactly the same.
They didn't do that with Lugosi. They aren't doing it with Cushing, as his hands are gloved. I think I like the wrist pegs better than the magnets and traveling halfway up the arm, just to avoid the joint/seam showing. It does seem to be their preference on their figures though.

Back