Kaustic Plastik / Infinite Statue - 1/6 Hammer Horror of Dracula

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hugh Jackman Reaction GIF

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Seriously its just perfect - one of the best looking figures I've ever seen!!!

Very cool. I like the movie but wouldn’t consider myself a big enough fan to get the figures but they’re looking great so far. Kaustic Plastik continues to improve.

Truly incredible, from the tailoring to the sculpt! That pimp coat is iconic

"Pimp" Coat? I will have you know that's a Chesterfield, my good man. Pip pip, cheerio.

Pimp coat or Chesterfield it looks fly as hell!
I'm hoping (probably futilely) that he comes with his baller crushed red velvet jacket/waistcoat like in the Sideshow premium format figure
1680560493473.png

1680560582647.png
1680560601992.png

If I am not mistaken (I havent watched the movie in a hot minute) that red velvet coat is a smoking jacket. The cranberry vest beneath it just happens to match. 2 separate pieces of tailoring. The vest will should be present beneath the gray suit if they go movie accurate, which they appear to be doing in spades.

Isn’t that smoking jacket from Dracula 72, he wouldn’t have that at all in any of the better Dracula movies. That last one sucked pretty bad.

Isn’t that smoking jacket from Dracula 72, he wouldn’t have that at all in any of the better Dracula movies. That last one sucked pretty bad.
Van Helsing does wear red in Dracula 72, but it's a suit vest. He wears the red velvet jacket in Horror of Dracula. You can tell by Peter Cushing's appearance that it isn't from Dracula 1972. He had aged a lot by then.

Attachments

• peter-cushing-in-dracula.jpg
    peter-cushing-in-dracula.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 0
  • DAD72-PCNavy-MAIN1.jpg
    DAD72-PCNavy-MAIN1.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 0
Van Helsing does wear red in Dracula 72, but it's a suit vest. He wears the red velvet jacket in Horror of Dracula. You can tell by Peter Cushing's appearance that it isn't from Dracula 1972. He had aged a lot by then.
This was only 13 years after Horror of Dracula was released, yet his appearance deteriorated to a staggeringly frightful state. He lost his wife, and the loss depressed him greatly. He tried to work himself to death, and practically was a skeleton. He lost a great deal of his hair too, and resorted to a hairpiece for his last three Hammer vampire vehicles (AD 72, Satanic Rites, Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires).

This was only 13 years after Horror of Dracula was released, yet his appearance deteriorated to a staggeringly frightful state. He lost his wife, and the loss depressed him greatly. He tried to work himself to death, and practically was a skeleton. He lost a great deal of his hair too, and resorted to a hairpiece for his last three Hammer vampire vehicles (AD 72, Satanic Rites, Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires).
Thats awful.
Grief is a terrible thing.

so in 72,appart from looking just like is ancestor he also likes the same colors
It's entirely possible that could be the same vest. Cushing was known as "Props" Cushing on set. He brought things in to use that he made, and even re wrote the scripts at times. The candle sticks to crucifix scene was his idea from the film's finale. Supposedly he came up with the idea of running across the table and leaping at the drapes to disintigrate Dracula.

The entire ending of Brides of Dracula was re-written by him. The original ending of Brides has him using occult magic. His response was "Van Helsing is a religious man. He would never resort to such crude tactics." So he re-wrote the ending and it was amazing.

He created scale set models for Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires. So....its quite possible that vest is either the same one, or he incorporated the color into the film as a nod to the original. They broke the mold with Cushing. Christopher Lee said so himself.

So do you guys love the Hammer Dracula movies? I've always been interested In watching them, tried to watch the first Christopher Lee Dracula once with somebody and they kept complaining that it was boring and dated, so I turned it off after like half an hour. Is it worth watching? Which ones are the best ones?

So do you guys love the Hammer Dracula movies? I've always been interested In watching them, tried to watch the first Christopher Lee Dracula once with somebody and they kept complaining that it was boring and dated, so I turned it off after like half an hour. Is it worth watching? Which ones are the best ones?
Horror of Dracula 1958
Brides of Dracula 1960, no Lee, but Cushing is extraordinary.
Dracula, Prince of Darkness 1966, Lee returns, but Cushing is off starring in Hammer's Frankenstein series.

These three are the best. As far as "boring", if you are expecting 30 Days of Nights, or explosions and heavy effects....then, yes...you will find them boring.
If you are looking for movies driven, and carried, by the performances of the players you will not find them boring.

Modern film making has to have explosions every 17 minutes, and indestructible cartoon style baddies, and someone being disemboweled and chased every 10 seconds.

If you can watch a Hitchcock film like Vertigo and Psycho, and walk away going "that's some fine cinema", you will like them.

EDIT: if you find yourself enjoying these three, Scars of Dracula is the next best of the series imho. Continuity wise however the next in series are:
Dracula Has Risen From the Grave
Taste the Blood of Dracula (pretty terrible)
Scars of Dracula
Dracula AD 72 (the only good bits are where Lee and Cusing are in scenes together
Satanic Rites of Dracula (same as above)
Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires, a Kung Fu Horror thriller which sounds utterly ridiculous, and has some so so effects, but is surprisingly entertaining.*

**There is a scene where Cushing is fighting Kung Fu Vampires in a cave, armed with a torch....and falls directly into a real wood burning fire, and gets up and they kept filming. Incredible.

They're all campy and the effects are dated, but they have a certain appeal. The best films in the series are the first three: Horror of Dracula, Brides of Dracula, and Dracula: Prince of Darkness. I think Brides of Dracula might be the best movie overall (interestingly enough, Lee's Dracula actually isn't in this one). Christopher Lee is best in Prince of Darkness. Peter Cushing honestly carries the entire franchise, even when the films are pretty bad (Dracula 1972, for example). There's never been a better Van Helsing!

Back