Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel really upset over this... I don't believe those old themes will work, it hinders progress.

I want to watch a film subjectively without them trying to shoehorn my childhood into it.

A new incarnation should have new music, the Man of Steel score was beautiful.
the Williams score was great when I was a kid but I'm a grown man now, I want a mature theme, not an effing cartoon.

Man just wait until a-dev learns that JL will now incorporate Williams music.

Wait? What? They're actually gonna put the Williams Superman theme in the JL? Wow what a super bad idea that is. WB is really making this this movie a burning trash can. How can they use Williams music when Zimmer has been scoring everything? Not that I'm a big Zimmer fan but this just seems like a desperate attempt to show fans that DC films are not all dark. "Look their cracking jokes and we're playing John Williams music too! We're not all bad!"

Not just the JW Superman theme but also the Elfman Batman theme and I think Superman is going to sing a rendition of “Somewhere over the Rainbow”.

Hopefully they play the TDKR chanting when Batman drives the crab walker thing out of that big hole. Cyborg can get the Goldenthal Schumacher theme. Alfred can sing "Hakuna Ma Tata" in the shower (gratuitous butt shot on the blu-ray of course,) Whiplash drum solo for Gordon, etc. This is gonna be great.

Last edited:
Hopefully they play the TDKR chanting when Batman drives the crab walker thing out of that big hole. Cyborg can get the Goldenthal Schumacher theme. Alfred can sing "Hakuna Ma Tata" in the shower (gratuitous butt shot on the blu-ray of course,) Whiplash drum solo for Gordon, etc. This is gonna be great.

:lol :lol :lol

At this point they should just go back to MOS and insert the wicked witch from the west bicycle peddling music over the Pa Kent tornado scene lol

Cheer up, brah!

Z9s9Q5j.jpg

That is frightening.

New greatest villain of all time, sorry Hannibal.

Last edited:
Haven’t you heard chewblacca Whedon is in control now and he loves him some classic superhero music.

That certainly is one thing DC easily has over Marvel.

Yes, that's true. At least DC actually has iconic scores to cannibalize. I was going to say that it's going to be weird having previous music from alternate versions of the characters in alternate canons but I guess James Bond has been doing that for decades so maybe it'll work here too.

I'm glad to see not everyone is on board with these callbacks with the music. I like progression and I really wanted to see where it was going. It's sounding more and more like JL will be some kind of Frankenstein's monster. I also loved zimmers mos theme more so than the Williams March, though it does have its place. And it's sad that Holkenberg was forced off the project. With Elfman talking about all the themes he's made it doesn't seem like the old work will remain. The DC music was a big part of the reason I enjoyed them more than the marvel films. His work on ultron was uninspiring to say the least. Well.. One never knows. Let's see what comes out of it, but my excitement levels are way down.

None of the modern DC movie soundtracks are very good. None of the motifs hold a candle to what Williams and Elfman did.

Yes, there are elements to Zimmer and Junkie XL's music that I like (some of the stuff in Begins, Superman's first flight, the crazy techno music during the Mad Max Batman sequence), but it's still not as good.

I don't care about these crappy DC movies. If Elfman throws a few old cues in there to spruce things up, I don't see what would be so bad about that. It doesn't even sound like he's going to repeat previous work per se. Sounds like he's going to add a few musical easter eggs in there and that's the extent of it.

I concede Elfman's Batman > BvS's Batman motifs, although BvS Batman's stuff is nice too, bare bones but nice, JXL stuff is just so visceral, it fits with Batpunisher, and Elfmann's is a classy sound.

But Zimmer's Supes stuff > JW's Supes stuff, of JW's works, it's the one that aged the worst, it's become a stale and cliche fanfare that restricts the character's perception in some ways, it's just archetypal to the point of being borderline generic, mind you, Zimmer's stuff is also far from definitive for Superman.

Zimmer supes theme songs are good but damn man the JW stuff is timeless. His superman theme, like his star wars theme, age like fine wine. I dont find anything generic about it. How does it restrict the character? Im not asking to be a jerk or anything but you peaked my curiosity.

Back