Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the subject of Batfleck, does anyone else dislike his new cowl? It looks awkward as **** to me, for some reason.

I like the face of the cowl a lot, it's a solid expression. They thinned him up a bit, which I think was needed (first movie always has an uncomfrotable looking Batman, then the sequel improves the comfort and fit).

I don't like the ears. :lol

Not just the film batmen..but you mentioned Batfeck killing like it was something unheard of...or different from certain versions that are part of the 75 year history.

The first two thugs in 89 Batman? You mean when the film starts? There was no Batsignal yet. It wasn't until the very end of the film after Batman saves the day that he gives Gordon the Batsignal and Gordon makes a big announcement to the Gotham press that the signal was given to the poilce by Batman to contact him, thus he no longer is an urban legend, which is what he was in the beginning of the film, hence why one of the thugs didn't believe in Bats, and Bats tells him to tell all his friends that he's real.
Oh alright, so you do mean most Batmen kill or have killed in 75 years worth of Batman versions. Then yeah that's not true. It is very different from the norm. But yeah, whatever.

Oh right, no batsignal, ****, duh, done ****ed up there, that one's on the house.

On the subject of Batfleck, does anyone else dislike his new cowl? It looks awkward as **** to me, for some reason.

Don't like the ears, the whole thing is like from Batman begins cowl to TDK cowl but not as bad.

I like the face of the cowl a lot, it's a solid expression. They thinned him up a bit, which I think was needed (first movie always has an uncomfrotable looking Batman, then the sequel improves the comfort and fit).

I don't like the ears. :lol

For me it's the brows. I'm not sure if they're the same as they were in BvS and the ears are elongating them to a degree, but he almost has, like, a Fu Manchu thing going on when he's talking to Cyborg. Hey, maybe it's a secret nod to his comic book roots!

latest

It looks a bit better in the group shot with the team, but, there, I really agree with you on the ears; he almost has that Arkham "egg head" thing going on.

Oh alright, so you do mean most Batmen kill or have killed in 75 years worth of Batman versions. Then yeah that's not true. It is very different from the norm. But yeah, whatever.

Oh right, no batsignal, ****, duh, done ****ed up there, that one's on the house.

I never said it was the norm. I ..we... were initially talking about elements of Batman's lore, such as Gordon's relationship with bats or the batsignal, which are somewhat consistent, but then you mentioned Batffleck killing, implying it was different or perhaps a new concept for Batman( which is not. Batman killed in the 40s comics and other versions too) to suggest that Gordon's relationship wih bats or the batsignal in the DC cinematic universe might be different too.

Regardless, Batfleck killing is not even the norm for his version either, just something he's doing recently because he's grumpy. I doubt he's still doing that in JL :)

You did, you said most Batmen kill. We were talking about the existence of those elements, then you jumped to assumptions about them, when the fact that he kills is actually very out of the norm, meaning, most Batmen don't kill, unlike you said, therefore such elements could end up being different, although those elements could be different without need of Batman killing, but this is what we're doing, I guess...

And then I ****ed up that Batman 89 reference.

Last edited:
I never said it was the norm. I ..we... were initially talking about elements of Batman's lore, such as Gordon's relationship with bats or the batsignal, which are somewhat consistent, but then you mentioned Batffleck killing, implying it was different or perhaps a new concept for Batman( which is not. Batman killed in the 40s comics and other versions too) to suggest that Gordon's relationship wih bats or the batsignal in the DC cinematic universe might be different too.

Regardless, Batfleck killing is not even the norm for his version either, just something he's doing recently because he's grumpy. I doubt he's still doing that in JL :)

You did, you said most Batmen kill. We were talking about the existence of those elements, then you jumped to assumptions about them, when the fact that he kills is actually very out of the norm, meaning, most Batmen don't kill, unlike you said, therefore such elements could end up being different, although those elements could be different without need of Batman killing, but this is what we're doing, I guess...

I thought you bros would like this
(brand new)

We were talking about the existence of those elements, then you jumped to assumptions about them, when the fact that he kills is actually out of the norm, meaning, most Batmen don't kill, unlike you said, therefore such elements could end up being different, although those elements could be different without need of Batman killing, but this is what we're doing, I guess...

Assumptions about the Gordon's relationship with bats and the use of the Batsignal in the Snyderverse. However, are they just assuptions considering those two elements are pretty concistent ? Superman referenced the batsignal and what they use it for whe he gave Batman a warning, so clearly the Batsignal has a history and it's used to alert Batman, which is one of the reasons the batsignal exists in the bats lore. As far as Gordon goes, I guess we'll know what his relationship with bats is like in JL. The only "major" difference is Batman temporarily killing some guys...and by the end of the film, that seems to go back to "normal."

I'd say probably the only versions of Batman that haven't killed are TAS Batman, Super Friends Batman, and, maybe, 1940s serial Batman. Golden Age Batman broke people's necks, West disintegrated people, Miller Bats did all sorts of ****ed up ****, from shooting people and breaking necks to napalming dudes and banging next to the firelight, post-Crisis Batman kicked dudes into trash compactors, Keaton had a particular knack for immolation, Kilmer liked psychologically torturing his villains to the point of suicide, and Bale seemed to really enjoy partaking in vehicular homicide. Hell, even Arkham Batman kills Ra's Al Ghul, depending on how you play.

So, yeah, I don't think Batfleck's killing is super out of the norm. Batman's killing over the years has, indeed, been sparse, but, as far as lapses in judgement and making mistakes go, Batfleck is par for the course.

This looks just as ponderous and mis-guided as BVS IMO.
Two shots in and we have the same cliched fake looking performances from the extras, terrible color timing and gloominess.

I was a lot more impressed by BVS trailers.

Assumptions about the Gordon's relationship with bats and the use of the Batsignal in the Snydercerse. However, are they just assuptions considering those two elements are pretty concistent ? Superman referenced the batsignal and what it's used for whe he gave Batman a warning. As far as Gordon, I guess we'll know what his relationship with bats is like in JL. The only "major" difference is Batman temporarily killing some guys...and by the end of the film, that seems to go back to "normal."
Yes they are, their existence is the only thing that's consistent, anything else, especially the knowledge of the people whom according to you, should be aware of the Batman as fact, is assumption. You've done a great job showing why some few people would be factually aware of the Batman, I'm not being sarcastic, however, you haven't even touched the initial argument of why the "urban legend" aspect of this should be completely removed in the eyes of everybody, thus, making Cyborg's reaction, unjustifiable.

But now we're going in circles, as we always do :lol

It struck me as more of a sizzle reel than a trailer. In that sense, it felt more like a mish mash of "this is what we have so far," rather than a carefully edited teaser or, even, theatrical trailer. Hell, they even had the disclaimer at the beginning. I didn't find it all that ponderous, myself, in fact, I did quite like the brevity. I like how Bruce almost has a sense of salesmanship and theatricality in trying to get people to join up, and then, once Flash jumps in, he kind of drops the facade. I also feel like he and Gadot have some fantastic chemistry, both between this and BvS.

Terribly cut trailer.
Visuals are not great.
The jokes were good on paper but poorly executed.

I'm very worried...

This.
Snyder cuts great trailers, I genuinely expected to be impressed by the first footage from this regardless of what I thought about BVS or MOS.
Nope.

Again, though, "the following footage was prepared by the filmmakers as a special look for fans in attendance at comic-con 2016." There's a reason Warner Bros.' YouTube page has this listed as "Justice League Special Comic-Con Footage" next to "Wonder Woman Comic-Con Trailer." One is a trailer for a film that's past principal photography, the other is footage from a film that started shooting, what? Less than three months ago? And hasn't even cast its villain, yet, as far as we know.

It kind of freaks me out to see this kind of reception because it's one of those "this is why we can't have nice things" scenarios. After last year's Suicide Squad debacle, I applaud their effort to make this year's SDCC more inclusive by allowing viewers at home to see this footage, but, so far, some of the responses seem to justify their apprehensiveness towards releasing this stuff to the public.

Again, though, "the following footage was prepared by the filmmakers as a special look for fans in attendance at comic-con 2016." There's a reason Warner Bros.' YouTube page has this listed as "Justice League Special Comic-Con Footage" next to "Wonder Woman Comic-Con Trailer." One is a trailer for a film that's past principal photography, the other is footage from a film that started shooting, what? Less than three months ago? And hasn't even cast its villain, yet, as far as we know.

It kind of freaks me out to see this kind of reception because it's one of those "this is why we can't have nice things" scenarios. After last year's Suicide Squad debacle, I applaud their effort to make this year's SDCC more inclusive by allowing viewers at home to see this footage, but, so far, some of the responses seem to justify their apprehensiveness towards releasing this stuff to the public.
Really? I've seen overwhelming positivity on social media, I don't love the footage, because of the stuff you mention, it's just a sizzle reel with barely any post-pro in it at all, let alone any actual meat, plus the music is so ill fitting.

I also think it looks like Snyder didn't even cut this. But that could be the new cinematographer, in which case that's concerning :lol

the sad thing about the weird disco costume is that he actually looks scary here:

cJjs4O8.png

so if they did a different suit he could have been the coolest character. he looks mean as hell

Really? I've seen overwhelming positivity on social media, I don't love the footage, because of the stuff you mention, it's just a sizzle reel with barely any post-pro in it at all, let alone any actual meat, plus the music is so ill fitting.

I also think it looks like Snyder didn't even cut this. But that could be the new cinematographer, in which case that's concerning :lol

Well, hopefully, that's enough. I'm right there with everyone regarding some of the visual elements and editing, but it's to be expected from, well, a sizzle reel.:lol

the sad thing about the weird disco costume is that he actually looks scary here:

cJjs4O8.png

so if they did a different suit he could have been the coolest character. he looks mean as hell

I don't get why the white contacts? :lol if anyone needed them it was Batman :lol

Well, hopefully, that's enough. I'm right there with everyone regarding some of the visual elements and editing, but it's to be expected from, well, a sizzle reel.:lol
Yeah, it doesn't even feel like anything yet, doesn't even feel like Justice League to me, if I'm being honest.

Back