Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, but I've seen some people go for it.

I find it very interesting but I rather go for literal

I actually haven't seen anyone think that the events were only playing out in their heads. Interesting thought and I tend to like films that you can take either way (like the original Total Recall) but for me The VVitch only works if Black Phillip and the Coven in the woods is real.

I'll be curious to see what you guys think of A Ghost Story. Not a straight spooky tale like The VVitch by any means but I'm still thinking about it 10 days later. Wasn't jye going to catch it last night?

Pirates 5, a Disney movie which is meant to be the beginning of a new trilogy got horrible reviews, so the bribes argument is probably greatly exaggerated, because if there was a movie that needed good reviews, it was Pirates 5.

The critics only gave Pirates 5 horrible reviews because the franchise is criminally overlooked these days. That film could have been on par with Gone with the Wind and the RT critics would have still trashed it. It's the #1 film of the year for me - I don't care what those RT gits think.

RT critics: "Pirates is dead, give us more superheroes!" :rotfl

The critics only gave Pirates 5 horrible reviews because the franchise is criminally overlooked these days.

I think certain franchises will be forever "snubbed" on some levels going forward whether they be critical consensus, awards, or what have you. Just like with Pirates if Star Wars 8, ALIEN 10 or MCU Movie #27 actually WAS the next Citizen Kane do you think it would be recognized? No way. All current franchises are off the table. Only new IP's or reboots are eligible. Which is fine of course since it's not like any score or award in and of itself would affect a single person's enjoyment while watching it.

I think certain franchises will be forever "snubbed" on some levels going forward whether they be critical consensus, awards, or what have you. Just like with Pirates if Star Wars 8, ALIEN 10 or MCU Movie #27 actually WAS the next Citizen Kane do you think it would be recognized? No way. All current franchises are off the table. Only new IP's or reboots are eligible. Which is fine of course since it's not like any score or award in and of itself would affect a single person's enjoyment while watching it.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Everything's gotta be something fresh, otherwise it's gonna sink (no pun intended) no matter how good or bad it is. :lol

I'm looking forward to the new Pirates, especially with some of the things I've read here. My kids saw it with their mom and have spoiled a couple aspects of it but those spoilers actually have made me want to see it more, lol. I'll probably catch it this weekend since it's only playing on a few screens in my area.

Remember that next time you see folks using RT as a form of validation. I'm not talking about memes, memes are fine, but people who unironically use it as accolades, you'll see plenty on FB.

Well, even studios are now using the score as validation and as part of the marketing. However, in time people will understand that two movies that have the same score aren't equal in quality, and that the score simply means that an equal amount of people/critics liked it. People just like critics can like or dislike a film for a variety of reasons, so I think the majority of people will see beyond the score. There are plenty of people who don't understand how RT actually works, but in time the scores themselves will be less meaningful as a validation tool.

The system works mostly for movies that have no political or trendy agendas riding on them.

I don't think there is such thing :lol

Trust me, audience doesn't see agendas, just look at this place, and there isn't as much variety as you may think, not in reviewers for big movies that is, which is what I'm talking about, the critics that are "varied" aren't enough to make a difference.

They probably do, they just agree with the agenda. Still, I wouldn't use SF as a good example of the movie going audience. SSF is composed of a small group of people with similar views and interests. As far as the critics go, maybe...I'm not sure.

JL is already starting to have Whedon's signature ugly TV look, just like Avengers, currently I expect just another Avengers, and get good reviews, I don't expect it to be good.

I pretty sure the footage in the trailers is Snyder's vision and style, so if it looks like a tv show, it's probably not Whedon's fault ...yet. Avengers did look like a tv show at times, but I don't think the JL footage in the current trailers was shot by Whedon.

As a Marvel preferist the "TV show" appearance of 90% of the MCU is a bit heartbreaking. The cinematography is complete amateur hour compared to the DCEU, Fox-Men, Sony Spidey, random romantic comedies, student films, etc., lol. Hell the Marvel Netfilx shows that are actually aired *on* TV have better cinematography than most Marvel tentpoles. It's a real head scratcher.

I'm looking forward to the new Pirates, especially with some of the things I've read here. My kids saw it with their mom and have spoiled a couple aspects of it but those spoilers actually have made me want to see it more, lol. I'll probably catch it this weekend since it's only playing on a few screens in my area.

It's pretty good - definitely an improvement over AWE and OST. I've seen it three times myself. :lol

I may be going a little soft on it since I just don't feel that 2017 has had many good cinema offerings. I don't think I could even make a top 5 list out of what 2017 has given us so far. Pirates 5, Spider-Man Homecoming, and (maybe) GOTG2 are my top 3 for this year, but that's about it.

It's pretty good - definitely an improvement over AWE and OST. I've seen it three times myself. :lol

I may be going a little soft on it since I just don't feel that 2017 has had many good cinema offerings. I don't think I could even make a top 5 list out of what 2017 has given us so far. Pirates 5 and Spider-Man Homecoming are my top 2 for this year, but that's about it.

This. I found Pirates to be fun and entertaining which is all I ask of a movie. Having said that I have had to walk out the theater scratching my head wondering why I bought a ticket. :lol

As a Marvel preferist the "TV show" appearance of 90% of the MCU is a bit heartbreaking. The cinematography is complete amateur hour compared to the DCEU, Fox-Men, Sony Spidey, random romantic comedies, student films, etc., lol. Hell the Marvel Netfilx shows that are actually aired *on* TV have better cinematography than most Marvel tentpoles. It's a real head scratcher.

And to think I almost got banned saying the same thing here back in 2012 myself. :monkey3

All of the MCU, yes, CW and TWS included (except for homecoming) looks like an ABC TV show. It's horrible, especially when it can be easily approved.

I don't think there is such thing :lol
It's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact; Ghostbusters.

I pretty sure the footage in the trailers is Snyder's vision and style, so if it looks like a tv show, it's probably not Whedon's fault ...yet. Avengers did look like a tv show at times, but I don't think the JL footage in the current trailers was shot by Whedon.
There are new shots that are like night and day, and some are obviously Whedon's, from the styleless camera work, awful lighting and even the makeup and wardrobe, also the coloring is now a little duller compared to the previous trailer, and other differences.

And to think I almost got banned saying the same thing here back in 2012 myself. :monkey3

All of the MCU, yes, CW and TWS included (except for homecoming) looks like an ABC TV show. It's horrible, especially when it can be easily approved.

I know what they were going for with The Winter Soldier. That completely invisible street level cinematography that doesn't call attention to itself like French Connection 1 and 2, Taxi Driver and so forth. However to properly emulate that look you MUST shoot on film. Digital just doesn't do it. At least not with the lenses they used.

It's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact; Ghostbusters.

I said that all movies have agendas, which would include Ghostbusters.

There are new shots that are like night and day, and some are obviously Whedon's, from the styleless camera work, awful lighting and even the makeup and wardrobe, also the coloring is now a little duller compared to the previous trailer, and other differences

Meh, it looked like crap to begin with. The same old boring grey colors, the crappy costumes, and the Batman one-liners.

Digital is much cheaper and easier to distribute, but they should at least try to emulate the look of film.

That's the thing, they have tried and failed miserably, but they just don't know it yet. 10 years from now, all these films will really show how bad they've aged, you can already see it honestly.

All digital cameras prior to the one used for The Revenant and Rogue One should be buried in a landfill. But the Alexa 65 is a beast and with the right lenses looks every bit as gorgeous as straight 70mm IMO.

Well, the RO set up had a 70mm lens, and while it looked pretty good, they had to crop the aspect ratio to keep it from being nauseating. The Revenant does look good for digital, I'll give it that. But it would look much better on film regardless.

I said that all movies have agendas, which would include Ghostbusters.
Oh, I thought that by "I don't think there is such thing" you meant agendas in movies.

Meh, it looked like crap to begin with. The same old boring grey colors, the crappy costumes, and the Batman one-liners.
It didn't, the costumes may be crap but the cinematography was good.

Back