Just got my Medicom Darth Vader today

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jedi Luke is a good example of bobblehead syndrome. Anakin as well. Obi-Wan and Mace are pretty good in scale. Han has a large head from some angles.

With their clothes on IMO the SS heads are fine. Now you go taking them off and they look a little odd but I would imagine most figures would be the same.

i just took your choice of words the same way the dictionary does... being satisfactory... i actually think you nailed it!

Personally, I think some of them have heads that are too large as I mentioned a few posts ago. Now, the most obvious of them do have tighter and/or fewer clothes, which does accentuate that. Jedi Luke's bobblehead is most noticeable when down to the Death Star 2 jumpsuit, and Han's clothes are rather tight to the body. Figures like Kenobi and Mace have thicker layers, and their heads look just fine with regards to scale.

And like I said, it only seems to be an issue with Star Wars. I own figures from Highlander, Freddy vs. Jason, and Highlander, and every one of those figures has appropriate scaling.

Go figure, I guess... :confused:

I own a lot of DML, the Hot Toys Colonial Marines, Medi Stormies, Luke and Vader, some BBI and SST LOTR, SW and some early Universal Monsters figures.

None of the DML figures have bobble heads.
Medi Vader actually has a small head. Luke is perfect, the Stormies don't really count.
HT's Hicks is kinda large-headed, but not bobble-headed. Ripley, Apone, Hudson and Drake are perfect.
LOTR Boromir, Legolas and Aragorn are perfectly proportioned.
Nosferatu, Dracula, Frankenstein's monster and the Wolfman are also perfect.

Luke, Anakin, Solo and Obi Wan are all pretty much bobble-heads.
Maul has a bit of a large noggin...
Qui Gon and Mace are perfect.

And I do think that SST figures are slightly too large when compared to other manufacturers'. The only other ones I remember being so large are the BBI G3 bodies.

Back on topic (well, kinda)...

I have ROTJ Vader and it is easily one of the coolest, best made figures I own.
Incidentally, has anyone tried placing the suit and head/mask on a larger sized figure, say an SST body? Or would the whole figure look pin-headed and dainy-handed? Probably...

yo abake... i have tried and failed miserably! the body suit seems tailor make for Vader's Medicom body... i suggest extending the legs (at the ankles) and pad Vader's boots with folded material.

DSC00541.jpg

I thought I'd take another pic after I moved some things around.Vader also looks great next to Anakin I think.

Jedi Luke is a good example of bobblehead syndrome. Anakin as well. Obi-Wan and Mace are pretty good in scale. Han has a large head from some angles.

I agree with you on all except Obi-Wan his head is also too large compared to his body.

yo abake... i have tried and failed miserably! the body suit seems tailor make for Vader's Medicom body... i suggest extending the legs (at the ankles) and pad Vader's boots with folded material.

Nah, I was just curious... I'm happy with my Vader as it is.
But interesting to know, thanks!

Vader is great as is. I still ended up modifying mine a bit. Added extentsions to the ankles and bulked up his biceps a bit with a few layers of masking tape. This was just to make Vader taller than most medicom figures. He's standing next to a stromy with ankle extensions as well.
Medicom005.jpg

Medicom011.jpg

Medicom040.jpg

Vader is great as is. I still ended up modifying mine a bit. Added extentsions to the ankles and bulked up his biceps a bit with a few layers of masking tape. This was just to make Vader taller than most medicom figures. He's standing next to a stromy with ankle extensions as well.
Medicom005.jpg

Medicom011.jpg

Medicom040.jpg

Is that the Jedi version of the medicom vader or the ROTS one. He looks really good. The more pictures I see like this the more I want to quit waiting for SS and just get one. Where can you find the leg extenders? Are they a customizer kit or can you make them from things you can get at the hardware store?

Is that the Jedi version of the medicom vader or the ROTS one. He looks really good. The more pictures I see like this the more I want to quit waiting for SS and just get one. Where can you find the leg extenders? Are they a customizer kit or can you make them from things you can get at the hardware store?
You can probably can find something at a hardware store. I've seen people use pen or marker shafts and cut them down. I used extenders that I had from another figure I wasn't using.
My Vader is the ROTJ version. If you do get a medicom Vader...you won't regret it.

Back