Just got my Medicom Darth Vader today

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chaver

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Well here he is in all his glory.I have to say he is really cool to look at but he has some major stability problems.I had some problems with his hands and his helmet staying on,but once I got him into position he looked great.All I need now is a white stormie to complete my Medicom line.I also have Boba coming next month hopefully,he's gonna be a nice addition.

Also I forgot to mention that I had some trouble with the display stand because you couldn't put it around his waist and if you put it around his leg it just wouldn't look right because of the cape and the under robe thingy that hangs from his waist,but I worked with him some more and got him were I like em.

DSC00528.jpg

DSC00532.jpg

Yeah, the ROTS Vaders hands just plain suck and the lightsaber isn't all that great. Which kind of sucks because the rest of the figure kicks ass. Also dump their stands because those really suck. I never use them. That's why I always make sure I have a few extra SS stands around cause they work with these figures much better.

Yeah, the ROTS Vaders hands just plain suck and the lightsaber isn't all that great. Which kind of sucks because the rest of the figure kicks ass. Also dump their stands because those really suck. I never use them. That's why I always make sure I have a few extra SS stands around cause they work with these figures much better.

Can you buy extra stands from SS or Ebay?

so this is the ROTS one? Hopefully a current deal will pan out and I'll have the ROTJ Vader soon.

are the feet as small as they look on the Sand Trooper?

Vader looks awesome btw.

so this is the ROTS one? Hopefully a current deal will pan out and I'll have the ROTJ Vader soon.

are the feet as small as they look on the Sand Trooper?

Vader looks awesome btw.

No,the feet are the same size as the Sandtrooper.I got this one sealed for $135 shipped off the bay.

The ROTS Vader is a great figure that is only really hampered by the hands. They pop off if you look at 'em funny. Aside from that he's awesome.

Anyone know if its possible to find flippers for the ROTS hands like the ones that came with the ROTJ Vader? That would probably make a huge difference.

Nice score Chavez! Now get you some extra SSC stands for those guys! They do work wonders and are great replacements for the Medi stands, which suck 80% of the time.

Yeah,I'm definitely going to pick up some SS stands here in the next week or so.Thanks for the ref on the stands Galactiboy.

This Vader really is awesome,I read over in the Medi World forums that you could take the pegs off of Medi Luke's hands and glue them to Vader's hands and that would solve the problem with them falling off.Is anybody aware of this procedure?

Aside from the thick blade, the lightsaber honestly isn't all that bad. Worst part about it is how much the interchangeable caps stick in the hilt, which increases the risk of breakage.

Aside from the thick blade, the lightsaber honestly isn't all that bad. Worst part about it is how much the interchangeable caps stick in the hilt, which increases the risk of breakage.

Or lose of the small not ignited cap.

I actually prefer the look of the Medicom Blade to the Sideshow... it just looks more substantail. Also the hilts are a bit cleaner in appearance.

I think the Sideshow figures look more 'real' in a way. They taper off at the tip and are see clear much like a lightsaber. I also prefer having an ignited and not ignited version as opposed to poping the tops off.

hmm..still wandering how much do I will rate this thread...:monkey1

The only piece of the Medicom blade I prefer is the metal piece that attaches to the belt. That piece fell off my SSC Luke and has never looked the same since I reattached it.

Congrats Chavez, that's one bad-ass looking figure that needs to be seen in person to be appreciated.

This Vader really is awesome,I read over in the Medi World forums that you could take the pegs off of Medi Luke's hands and glue them to Vader's hands and that would solve the problem with them falling off.Is anybody aware of this procedure?

Actually, you would need to cut off the fingers, and some of the palm from the hands your using, then glue the "nubs" with the wrist pegs into the Vader gloves. There are pics of this in one of the Vader threads at Medi-World. I forgot who it was that did it, but IIRC, they bought some loose generic Medi hands on ebay to use for this.

Here's a crappy old pic of my ROTS Vader just for the hell of it:

ROTSVader.jpg

Though honestly, I think I like the classic ROTJ version a bit more (another crappy old pic):

ROTJVaderandstormies.jpg

Back