Jurassic World 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With this, overexposure isn’t the issue.

I have two main issues with this movie.

1. Since around act 2 of Fallen Kingdom, the story has strayed far from focusing on dinosaurs and turned into some giant anti-genetics piece.

2. This movie was the least fun of the franchise. At a fundamental level, movies in this series should tap into inner children of adults and actual children, it’s dinosaurs. This movie totally lacked that, to the point where I can’t wrap my head around how the same person who gave us JW 1 could turn around and deliver this movie which feels like a complete 180.

I guess you can add a third issue for me which is that it feels like a victim of “finale” syndrome, and what I mean by that is that often, long running shows deliver a finale that feels like the writers couldn’t come up with a good way to end things or realize there’s more seasons worth of material they wish they could cover and end up sloppily cramming it into the end. I felt like this movie felt pressure as the end, and tried to include too much for the sake of “what if we never get to?”

That right there. It doesn’t feel like it’s about dinosaurs anymore. Nothing about the trailers indicated that the dinosaurs were the main thing they needed to focus on. Atleast in Jw the hybrid dinosaur was the main bad guy and it was all about how man shouldn’t play with nature for gain. Kinda like the first

Also I keep hearing that they didn’t even focus on the dinosaurs coming to the mainland but instead focus on bugs . So what was the point?

Also I keep hearing that they didn’t even focus on the dinosaurs coming to the mainland but instead focus on bugs . So what was the point?

Like I said, the point seemed to be that the writers saw the idea of bringing dinosaurs back to life as a spring board to talk about the larger issue of what such power could mean to the world, so this movie basically said FU to dinosaurs and focused on the broader idea of cloning and genetic tampering and misuse of that power. It could make for an interesting movie if it was just a stand alone movie. It feels like they thought "dinos, been there, done that" but then it's like, why make a Jurassic film then if you don't care about them.

That seems like the likely scenario. Also, too many human characters (which should not be the focus) take up too much screen time when you bring them all back.

I think the amount of humans could have worked fine if the story sought to balance everything sufficiently.

I really blame the message and story they chose to tell here more than execution.

Like I don't feel like it's a badly made movie, it's just not a Jurassic movie.

I think the amount of humans could have worked fine if the story sought to balance everything sufficiently.

Well, anything can work if balanced correctly -- Infinity War proved that. But that's a bit like saying anything can be good if its good.

So are you good with the amount of time they gave to dinos in this? Just not what they did with them? Or do you feel too much time was spent with humans on another storyline that wasn't about dinos -- which is what I thought you wrote early.

Yep they could have easily ditched the dinos altogether and kept the Mission Impossible action and just made their version of M:I-2 with bugs replacing the virus that the evil company created along with the cure.

Not that I'd be particularly interested in seeing that movie either but it just goes to show how irrelevant the dinos were made to be in this one.

The dinos were shafted on screen time, and what time they did have was not used well.

The end is especially disappointing, a chance to end the series with an epic final shot, and it was just, boring.

The dinosaurs were basically like the alligators at the end of Temple of Doom. Nothing whatsoever to do with the plot but there as a bit of a safety hazard if the good or bad guys didn't watch their step.

Hell the gators at the end of TOD probably ate more bad guys than the entirety of JWD, lol.

Grace loved the 2nd half…

447A81DE-112B-4084-ACE3-E97935F79558.png

A89B5859-016A-4F25-8A8E-C39B30E0FA4D.png

33BCBC19-CF96-4CD7-AA87-39129F2397C2.png

The big final battle was equivalent to the Rex vs Spino battle in JP3, very short and anti-climactic.
I know but the editing and music suggested that when the seemingly dead T-Rex opened its eye, (dun dun DUN)-- and rejoined the battle that it was Cap lifting Mjolnir 2.0 and that audiences would be jumping out of their seats and screaming with joy. And I was all "good lord they are not doing this for a battle against a dumbass dinosaur that didn't even eat a single freaking person. :slap

Last edited:
so this movie basically said FU to dinosaurs and focused on the broader idea of cloning and genetic tampering and misuse of that power. It could make for an interesting movie if it was just a stand alone movie.

But that IS what the whole point of brining back Dino’s is about. The first film especially.

So they just retreaded on the same subject material but chose to focus on something far less interesting then Dinos.

This film should have focused on mankind trying to live with Dinos and then you could have had a black market plot, like we saw in the film, but expand that. Give us some Dinos loose in Times Square or something. But make the Dino’s the threat.

The director was off about this movie and why we go watch them. We do love seeing Dino’s chomp on people and fight each other. We want to see Dinos in and out of their element.

We know cloning and genetic tampering is bad. This could have been the story to wrap up exactly what Ian warned about almost 30 years ago.

Nope… We get grasshoppers and Dinos as an afterthought.

I am not even sure why they made giant locus I. The first place. I missed that explanation somewhere with all the other plots going on.

These films have decided to make the Dinos the good guys. It was cool when it was by accident like in the first film. But now it’s like the filmmakers have decided that the only Dino’s that can be killed are the ones that really deserve it. Of course now that I think of it. Has a human ever killed a dino in these films??? Only one I can think of was Ian’s daughter in part two with the gymnastics move and the raptor got impaled.

I could not believe Owens friend was being attacked by that rapper in the new film and he had a gun but refused to use it… basically putting everyone’s life in danger if gets out into the world.

So Dinos have always been the good guys lol.

That’s fine but they should always be a great threat. That seems to have gotten lost along the way.

Yeah, they at least built up the Indominous and Indoraptor over the course of the movie to be feared, Giga was like, we said it's the biggest predator, that's enough for you, even though all you really saw earlier was a head slap to Rexy that didn't even turn into a scuffle.

I am not even sure why they made giant locus I. The first place. I missed that explanation somewhere with all the other plots going on.

It was somewhat subtle. They made them and designed them to eat crops that weren't grown using Biosyn feed and products, basically to create a monopoly for Biosyn, but they got out of hand.

Back