Jurassic World 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone even believe them when they say this is the last one?

Give it a couple of years and they'll be making another one - it'll be called.......Jurassic Park.

Give it a couple of years and they'll be making another one - it'll be called.......Jurassic Park.
I think the best move for these old franchises would be to do an anthology series. Short films of 20-40 mins directed by different people each time. Allows for fresh takes, resets, new styles, all without the pressure of having to be reconciled with the previous entries. Merchandising can still go hard, same as it did for Marvel's "What If?"

I wouldn't be surprised to see another Jurassic film by 2026. The franchise makes too much money for it to lie dormant.
They could very well be at the point of a "re-boot" of the original at that point. Wouldn't surprise me a bit. What amazes me is that the dinosaurs from 1993 hold up as well as they do against the current CGI. I would've bet on a reboot sooner if that wasn't the case.

Hopefully response to this film sends the message of what people want.

I'm really curious what children that are taken to see Dominion think, are they bored with it, what'd they think of Fallen Kingdom for that matter. At least that film up until leaving Isla Sorna was good.

Last edited:
Hopefully response to this film sends the message of what people want.

I'm really curious what children that are taken to see Dominion think, are they bored with it, what'd they think of Fallen Kingdom for that matter. At least the film up until leaving Isla Sorna was good.
My son enjoyed it. From what I gather from speaking to him just now, his friends in school have watched it over the weekend too and were discussing it today.

His favourite dinosaur in Dominion was the Dilophosaurus. Reading between the lines I think this might be because the two Dilo scenes are the most suspencful in the film. That suspense and terror (severely lacking in the World trilogy) is the reason why we loved the original as kids.

Only way to make a(nother) reboot worth it would be to recreate the books, page for page. The scientific and philosophical bits were genuinely well-written and the suspense exceeded anything we've seen even in the original trilogy.

Only way to make a(nother) reboot worth it would be to recreate the books, page for page. The scientific and philosophical bits were genuinely well-written and the suspense exceeded anything we've seen even in the original trilogy.

If you want to do multiple films. With a single film at least, you could continue off this and focus more on man dealing with dinosaurs in the world. I really thought that was going to be the point of this movie, especially after Battle at Big Rock.

This article on the fate of poor Muldoon had me laughing out loud:

"Muldoon's death is already pretty unforgivable, but it's made even more so courtesy of the fact that Hammond's useless grandchildren, Tim and Lex, manage to succeed where he failed. Not only that, but they do so using blind luck. Where the hardened, fully matured brain of Muldoon saw imminent death staring it down and thought 'Better get in one last joke', Tim and Lex's stupid headlumps manage to use reflections and kitchen utensils to trap one of their would-be hunters and knock the other out cold.

It's not even the only time in the Jurassic Park series where children manage to outshine adults in fighting bloodthirsty murder machines, either — don't forget in The Lost World, like six or seven guys go down in 'the long grass', while Malcolm's kid uses the ancient fighting art of GYMNASTICS to, I don't know, kick a raptor through a barn wall because the writers of these films apparently hate Robert Muldoon with a passion."

https://themusic.com.au/news/why-ro...-jurassic-park-franchise/BYEWGRgbGh0/25-06-15

Dilophosaurus definitely got the best screen time of all the species in this one, the one upside.

I can't belief I didn't think of this sooner.

"Now, eventually you do plan to have dinosaurs in your dinosaur movie right? Hello?"
The Dilo scenes were my favourite in the film. I'd say the scene with Dodgson in the tunnel/rail pod were the 'scariest' we've seen in the new trilogy. Credit where it's due, when the lights flicker on and off and the Dilos appear, pretty terrifying.

I just now realized that that guy was supposed to be the "Dodgson" from JP1. :slap Why did they recast him?

I assumed the scene with the dumb Barbasol can was just a gratuitous but useless callback, lol.

Watching Dominion tomorrow and sounds like I should go in with low, low expectations.

Shame since it has all the nostalgia with Grant, Elle and Malcolm and it seems like they came back for a **** film lol

I just now realized that that guy was supposed to be the "Dodgson" from JP1. :slap Why did they recast him?

I assumed the scene with the dumb Barbasol can was just a gratuitous but useless callback, lol.

The can call back was poor storytelling to squeeze in a fan "ooh" moment, that wasn't even that exciting. There is no way anyone found that in the jungle to get back to him for one thing, and on top of that, he held onto it like it was this valuable commodity, when the dialogue in the first film indicated the contents would only be good for so long after Nedry got them.

Back