Jurassic World 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes to this 100%.

I was just about to say "but at least they didn't ruin any Legacy characters" but then I realized no...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Like you all this needed to get a pass from me was a lot of cool and exciting dino chasing and chomping scenes. But nope two and a half hours of pretty much nothing.
I did not like how they treated any of the characters... The old or new.

Usually Jeff Goldblum and Chris Pratt are good for a laugh or two. In this film I did not crack a smile once.

They even ruined the T-Rex... She was lame also. And they gave us the same 2 on one Dino fight at the end... But not good or interesting like in JW.

This was a stinker.

I did not like how they treated any of the characters... The old or new.

Usually Jeff Goldblum and Chris Pratt are good for a laugh or two. In this film I did not crack a smile once.

They even ruined the T-Rex... She was lame also. And they gave us the same 2 on one Dino fight at the end... But not good or interesting like in JW.

This was a stinker.
Yep the Gigasaurus is the most pathetic "main dinosaur" ever. It did absolutely nothing yet somehow still gets this supposedly "epic" two on one battle as if it was this big built up moment. The only thing it eats in the entire film is a deer that was killed by another dinosaur! :lol Oh and a flaming locust that happened to fly into its mouth. Pathetic!

Didn't the director say he wanted the Giganotosaurus to be like "the Joker" of this franchise?

I think that was the article that cemented my decision not to watch Dominion, actually. :lol Tells you a lot about the thinking behind current blockbusters: there often isn't any.

This appeared in my news feed.

The majority of Sam Neill and Laura Dern’s arc finds them dealing with locusts instead of dinosaurs, while Jeff Goldblum snarks at corporate honchos for most of this screentime, at least until the third act. It can be very boring at times, but director Colin Trevorrow admitted to IndieWire that he didn’t want to make a balls-to-the-wall fantasy flick that had nothing to say.

“We think of Jurassic Park as this dinosaur franchise where people get chomped and then that’s why we love to go to see people get chomped, but it’s also a warning. Science has given us extraordinary power to alter the natural world, and we are seeing the consequences of it. We are all living with that. And so to be able to tell a story about the humility needed in the face of the natural world in order to survive is something that felt meaningful to me.”

So not only did he fail at making a good JP film but he also failed at making whatever the hell he was talking about also. :lol

Didn't the director say he wanted the Giganotosaurus to be like "the Joker" of this franchise?
That's right! And not just any Joker but specifically Heath Ledger Joker because "it's a villain that just wants to watch the world burn." :slap

It probably wants the world to burn because it's literally afraid of every other creature inhabiting it.

Yep the Gigasaurus is the most pathetic "main dinosaur" ever. It did absolutely nothing yet somehow still gets this supposedly "epic" two on one battle as if it was this big built up moment. The only thing it eats in the entire film is a deer that was killed by another dinosaur! :lol Oh and a flaming locust that happened to fly into its mouth. Pathetic!
Yep... It was such a stiff and slow moving Dino also. The Mechanical T Rex in the original 2 was much more animated :lol

That's right! And not just any Joker but specifically Heath Ledger Joker because "it's a villain that just wants to watch the world burn." :slap

It probably wants the world to burn because it's literally afraid of every other creature inhabiting it.
From what you guys are saying, it certainly sounds like it does more watching than anything else! Bravo, Colin!

OMG what a failure of a film maker

Apparently Jurassic World is the exception and Book of Henry is the rule.

Lame.

At least these crummy movies keep the merchandise train going. Sure, a lot of the new pieces coming out are from Fallen Kingdom and Dominion, but we also have more high-end stuff from the original trilogy than ever before.

Speaking of which...

Spoiler Spoiler:

That dinosaur's involvement might be the ultimate silver lining for me. Maybe we'll finally see some proper collectibles. I just hope there isn't a giant Dominion logo on its base, which there probably will be...

Lame.

At least these crummy movies keep the merchandise train going. Sure, a lot of the new pieces coming out are from Fallen Kingdom and Dominion, but we also have more high-end stuff from the original trilogy than ever before.

Speaking of which...

Spoiler Spoiler:

That dinosaur's involvement might be the ultimate silver lining for me. Maybe we'll finally see some proper collectibles. I just hope there isn't a giant Dominion logo on its base, which there probably will be...
I'm not actually sure what you mean by
Spoiler Spoiler:

Could you elaborate?

Ohhh, gotcha.

I only recall
Spoiler Spoiler:

I just checked Google and apparently there is no post credits scene.
No worries, found a YouTube video of the scene.

Extremely brief, it's probably the only moment of the film that should've been longer. :lol

Back