Judge Dredd movie (2012)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Judge Dredd movie

You think it looks terrible, but you're worried about other people thinking it resembles The Raid?

true... :cuckoo:
Uh, what? I want to see this movie. I don't think I've said it looks terrible..I think it looks awesome but have doubts that it'll be that great.

Because the way a movie is shot and the techniques used are irrelevant to a comic book regardless of how long it's been out.
The style doesn't look the same to me. The atmosphere of this movie more closely resembles the Total Recall reboot imo.

...and I don't think there will be any kung fu action.

I love this poster. :D

dredd_3d_teaser_poster_page_crop.jpg

Oh yeah! We need some law around here! :rock

Why are people calling this a rip-off of that Raid movie? Hasn't Judge Dredd been in comics for over twenty years? :cuckoo:
Because the story is exactly the same. Judge Dredd doesn't take place in a building for his entire comics run.

I don't mind it, because it's a simple story, and if the rest of the film is great, i'm cool withit.

This film was amazing. Up there with The Avengers and TDKR for me. Probably because I wasn't anticipating it at all. My fiancee enjoyed it, though it was Beautifully brutal. Good word to some it up. Great music, great visuals, great performances and even casting Lana Headey was a good choice. Very nice surprise.

Last edited:

I'm pumped. Comes out on my birthday. I love when awesome movies come out on my birthday!

The last one was Resident Evil 3. It was a ****ty birthday. :(

Because the way a movie is shot and the techniques used are irrelevant to a comic book regardless of how long it's been out.

It has been said that the director of the Raid was up for director of Dredd, and saw the screenplay before he even conceived of the Raid. Also, it is widely suggested that Dredd was in production before the Raid. Now take that info as you will (with it being second hand Internet info), but I'm really getting sick of people saying that Dredd ripped off the Raid, just because the Raid came out first. You just don't know what happened with either production and the exact timeline on either. They confined Dredd to a Block for cost reasons, simple as that.

Quote from another poster on another site (doesn't mean this is true or isn't true, I'm just being devils advocate here)

"Dredd's script - Peach Trees - was available online over two years ago. Evans, the writer and director of The Raid has admitted seeing it. The Dredd movie was in actual production before Evans even finished writing The Raid and funnily enough that's the frigging reason theyre similar, because he stole whole ******* scenes and general concept for a low budget foreign film he evidently thought not too many westerners would see when he ******* did it.

Garland is NOT ripping off Evans film for ***** sake, it was the other way around and Evans only beat Garland to the screen in timing due to the quick turnaround of Evans filming abroad and the time Dredd has sat in post production. If you're going to ****ing use an accusation of one film ripping off another then at least get your ****ing facts straight first."

This quote was in response to yet another reviewer not checking their facts and discreetly accusing Garland of plagerism. Not particularly singling out Nam.

Last edited:

This film was amazing. Up there with The Avengers and TDKR for me. Probably because I wasn't anticipating it at all. My fiancee enjoyed it, though it was Beautifully brutal. Good word to some it up. Great music, great visuals, great performances and even casting Lana Headey was a good choice. Very nice surprise.

Yeah the soundtrack was great, I downloaded it as soon as I got home from seeing the film

I'd give it 7/10. Alot better than the original. Pretty violent so fans of the comics will be pleased.

It has been said that the director of the Raid was up for director of Dredd, and saw the screenplay before he even conceived of the Raid. Also, it is widely suggested that Dredd was in production before the Raid. Now take that info as you will (with it being second hand Internet info), but I'm really getting sick of people saying that Dredd ripped off the Raid, just because the Raid came out first. You just don't know what happened with either production and the exact timeline on either. They confined Dredd to a Block for cost reasons, simple as that.

Quote from another poster on another site (doesn't mean this is true or isn't true, I'm just being devils advocate here)

"Dredd's script - Peach Trees - was available online over two years ago. Evans, the writer and director of The Raid has admitted seeing it. The Dredd movie was in actual production before Evans even finished writing The Raid and funnily enough that's the frigging reason theyre similar, because he stole whole ******* scenes and general concept for a low budget foreign film he evidently thought not too many westerners would see when he ******* did it.

Garland is NOT ripping off Evans film for ***** sake, it was the other way around and Evans only beat Garland to the screen in timing due to the quick turnaround of Evans filming abroad and the time Dredd has sat in post production. If you're going to ****ing use an accusation of one film ripping off another then at least get your ****ing facts straight first."

This quote was in response to yet another reviewer not checking their facts and discreetly accusing Garland of plagerism. Not particularly singling out Nam.

That last sentence saved you an ass-stretching flame war. :lol I don' think Dredd ripped anything off and honestly couldn't be bothered to give two ****s or a **** if it did, since I'll likely enjoy it a hell of a lot more than Raid. I was just pointing out that using a comic's initial release to defend how a movie is put together is about as ignorant as it gets. :lol

Well, yeah, that happens. Either one ripped off the other. I don't really mind though. It's not like the concept is a work of genius.

I want a 1:6 figure. I think enterbay are more likely to release one than hot toys as I don't think this film will rake in a huge amount of money.

That last sentence saved you an ass-stretching flame war. :lol I don' think Dredd ripped anything off and honestly couldn't be bothered to give two ****s or a **** if it did, since I'll likely enjoy it a hell of a lot more than Raid. I was just pointing out that using a comic's initial release to defend how a movie is put together is about as ignorant as it gets. :lol

That is why I mentioned that it wasn't pointed at you.... :)
The last thing I want is my ass stretched by you :lol Reviewers have been mentioning this point a ton online, but don't check the facts of both productions. I feel bad for Garland, since everybody is saying his work is a copy, when it could very easily be the other way around.

That is why I mentioned that it wasn't pointed at you.... :)
The last thing I want is my ass stretched by you :lol Reviewers have been mentioning this point a ton online, but don't check the facts of both productions. I feel bad for Garland, since everybody is saying his work is a copy, when it could very easily be the other way around.

I really don't think it'll matter. And if Dredd proves to be as good as it looks, it'll be remembered more.... especially if they do a sequel! :lecture:lecture:lecture

Can't wait to see this looks badass. I want a Dredd PF so much:drool

Raid will be hard to beat. As it's the greatest action movie of the decade.

But Dredd might be an overall better film.

I was just pointing out that using a comic's initial release to defend how a movie is put together is about as ignorant as it gets. :lol
The whole style of Dredd feels much different than that of Raid Redemption.
Just sayin'... :lol

I do hope you go see it tho', I want this to be a success, I want sequels and 1/6 judges and 1/6 scarred Lena dolls and all the goodies... :yess:
Yeah, well, that doesn't count. :lol

That first trailer didn't look great to me...my posts since then have been somewhat optimistic though.

I can already tell I'm going to like the movie whether it's bad or not..and so far it seems to be fairly decent.
Really liked the first half or so of the Total Recall reboot and this appears to share that same sort of atmosphere.

The whole style of Dredd feels much different than that of Raid Redemption.
Yeah, well, that doesn't count. :lol

That first trailer didn't look great to me...my posts since then have been somewhat optimistic though.

I can already tell I'm going to like the movie whether it's bad or not..and so far it seems to be fairly decent.
Really liked the first half or so of the Total Recall reboot and this appears to share that same sort of atmosphere.

Yeah, I know, alot of people didn't like the first trailer, you weren't alone :lol

Back