Joss Whedon--Director of The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Bob

Super Freak
Reaction score
I saw this film today and it was FANTASTIC!!

I was just wondering if you guys feel there is a place to discusss this in here?

I am a big, big Marvel fan, but also a huge Whedon fan. I love all his work and think he was the perfect choice for this film. The large rosta would be a problem for many directors/writers, but this is one of Whedon's many strengths. He really gives every character time and a chance to shine.

Is there scope in this thread to talk about the "whedon" factor of this film? His amazing characterisation, grasp of backstory and interplay between the main players. Even just some of the amazing one liners? :lol

Thoughts?

Bob

Re: Is there a place for Avengers Discussion in here?

I guess the OP is interested in a more purely Whedon-centric Avengers thread.

I would say this is an okay place if we want to discuss Avengers and talk about Joss alone. But if we want to talk about characters, etc. then the movie thread is best.

I would love to talk about Whedon and not have non whedon fans be annoyed that I'm going into detail. So yes, I say let's keep this thread, but change the title.

The tricky thing about this is that Darklord Dave recently made a ruling that all movie or tv-oriented threads should go in the movie/tv section, and that threads in other sections should focus primarily on collectibles (apart from the OT section and Sandbox).

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107310

So. . .seems like this thread should go in that section, at which time I guess a mod of that section could determine if it warranted its own thread or not.

The tricky thing about this is that Darklord Dave recently made a ruling that all movie or tv-oriented threads should go in the movie/tv section, and that threads in other sections should focus primarily on collectibles (apart from the OT section and Sandbox).

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107310

So. . .seems like this thread should go in that section, at which time I guess a mod of that section could determine if it warranted its own thread or not.

I can understand the desire to have a Whedon specific discussion--and what better area than Whedonville? But if Dave wants movie and tv discussion kept strictly in one place, and collectible discussion elsewhere, we'd better honor that.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36415

I don't think that there needs to be a Whedon-specific thread for Avengers. Anything you would say in that thread would belong equally well in the Avengers thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back