John Wick 4 - May 21st, 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus he's great with fans, is the nicest guy in Hollywood, doesn't care if a film might not turn out the greatest, but signs up if his friends ask him to.

I liked Matrix 4, even though he's a bit rickety at 58. It's great seeing him in black as Neo again.
neo_matrix_4.0.jpg

A lot of people don’t seem to like Keanu as an actor but I think he plays the quiet brooding action hero role quite well.

He’s great in The Matrix, Cyberpunk and John Wick as well as plenty of other roles.
All things considered he's not a great actor, that is true. He's not going to be winning any Oscars. But he can pull off certain archetypes really well and it all comes off as earnest. Dracula gets memed for his accent and rightfully so, but I never watched The Devil's Advocate and felt like he was ruining his scenes with Pacino. He didn't stand next to the incredibly charismatic Patrick Swayze in Point Break and suck the andrenaline off the film or anything. Hating on him was just one of those early internet memes everyone had to repeat, as if most actors are DDL level. As long as I can believe and be immersed in what I'm supposed to be seeing, it's good enough for me.

I wouldn't cast him as Tony Stark or Superman, but in his youth he'd have been a fine, say, always-on-the-job Cyclops. He could pull off the extremelly detached but kinda socially awakward in an endearing way Reed. Maybe not Adventure Scientist Chad Reed, but a version of him. He'd always have made a great Silver Surfer too. He's not fit for Doom or Magneto, but there are definitely characters he works as. Namor was one of them, especially now that he's older and is in that Post-Wick era. Namor is a character that is both young and old, who needs to come off as wise and restrained. The same kind of tranquil fury John Wick has. Sadly, that boat has sailed and Namor's been ruined, at least for me. Kang too, and it's worth mentioning that I think Reeves would've been a fine world-weary Kang as well. Maybe he'll get his wish and be the MCU's GR, or maybe he'll be a Cosmic type of character. I'd prefer the later myself. Nevertheless, I think he'll be joining the movies at some point.

Plus he's great with fans, is the nicest guy in Hollywood, doesn't care if a film might not turn out the greatest, but signs up if his friends ask him to.

I liked Matrix 4, even though he's a bit rickety at 58. It's great seeing him in black as Neo again.
View attachment 607315
I've been going back and forth on M4trix, but all things considered, I'm leaning towards liking it. It's enjoyable as a flick, and in the [current day] the meta works. It'd have been better if we had the real Morpheus back instead of Pimp Morpheus (though he did look cool) but alas... I'd watch more if they continued it, but I doubt it. I just found the outfit too boring to get as a dolly. I still want a Reloaded/Revolutions Neo as my representation of the character.

Last edited:
Reloaded Neo is a Grail. Hopefully next year for the 20th anniversary.
Damn yeah, it's Reloaded. I mixed up all the Re-titles. But yeah, I'm hoping InArt's cooking something. But they're so slow in giving me the figures I want that who knows if it'll be ready next year. They still haven't put up their Paul dolly up for PO.

They're going through the growing pains of getting their first figures shown and produced as well as clumsily organising shows. They haven't made anything I want yet, but have said original trilogy Matrix figures are being worked on.

They're going through the growing pains of getting their first figures shown and produced as well as clumsily organising shows. They haven't made anything I want yet, but have said original trilogy Matrix figures are being worked on.
Let's hope so. I don't mind waiting, I just wanted to have Paul POed by the end of the year. I have that AUGToys one on PO, supposedly dropping next month (doubtful) and wanted to see what InArt's offering woud look like.

I hope HT releases another figure.

I was out of the hobby when the Wick 2 figure released.

If there are multiple outfit changes, especially into some heavy tactical gear, then HT might be enticed since they can create multiple figures in a short run. At minimum, maybe some knockoff brands will reinvest in the line.

Yes! It would be fantastic if HT released another JW figure! I wouldn't mind a JW1 figure in his suit with white shirt.

In JW3, Dascascos/Zero was great. The Adjudicator however ruined quite a bit of the film for me. Just a pointless rambling character who got way too much screen time by a mediocre performer.

Hmm, well for me I actually did like the Adjudicator in JW3.

Last edited:
No one else matters if Keanu is on screen for me in the Wick movies.

My favourite scene is the shootout in 3, when he and Charon go out and come back to reload.

Just so excited for this movie, everything looks great. The mysterious underworld lore, interesting characters, stunning cinematography; and the cast is absolutely stacked with talent like Donnie Yen, Hiroyuki Sanada and Clancy Brown.

Also seems likely they're bringing back a lot of the emotional stuff that drove the first movie.

I've watched enough of his interviews where I'd take a good guess that KR is on the spectrum. He's previously been open about having dyslexia.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I'm saying it's likely he processes "fame" differently because he processes everything differently. People I've known on the spectrum tend to struggle with context, nuance and scale. Now that just might be my personal observations with only a small number of people, but you can't be bothered by certain issues that are outside your frame of reference.

A lot of people on the spectrum don't even know they are being insulted when they are being insulted. It looks like a IDGAF persona, which can be helpful or hurtful. What tends to skip past the narrative though is Reeves has been good looking all his life. That opens up doors and makes certain real life problems tend to disappear at times.

It's easy to be nice when everyone wants something from you and see all your actions in the most positive light possible.

But I'm glad he's had success and was able to move on past some of his struggles.

It is being hailed as modern day epic. The best action film in the last 10 years. I am so extra stoked about this now. Be seeing you, Mr. Wick. No other movie this year matters to me. I just need this to live up to the hype. Baba yaga!

The action looks insane, and that's saying something 4 movies into an action franchise. Empire had a great quote about Donnie Yen in it:

'The description of Donnie Yen is amazing 'There’s Donnie Yen, nearly 60 but looking 40 and fighting like 20'.

Looking forward to it, the action, style and kills are very very well done and satisfying to watch. Plus, we should be seeing HT's John Wick any day now, and I know for a fact InArt want to make him too.

It's incredible that the 4th entry is being hailed as the best yet. So often the quality goes down as a series gets deeper. It seems that John Wick has completed an impossible task.

I cannot wait to see this in the theater!

Another good example of the best film coming late into a franchise would be Mission Impossible Fallout, the 6th film.

The 7th looks like it'll be even better.

Last edited:
Back