John Wick 4 - May 21st, 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a review saying this movie will need to be in the conversation for best action movie ever made. That's insanely high praise. Every review is giving this 9/10 or 10/10, so I have a feeling that opinion might just hold up.

I saw a review saying this movie will need to be in the conversation for best action movie ever made. That's insanely high praise. Every review is giving this 9/10 or 10/10, so I have a feeling that opinion might just hold up.
For me the John Wick movies have already reached that "classic" status that movies like Terminator 1 & 2 hold.

I watched the first 3 at home and loved them despite not being a big action fan, to hear the 4th might be the best is surprising considering how many of these sort of franchises just go down the drain but this one just keeps getting better and better.

I watched the first 3 at home and loved them despite not being a big action fan, to hear the 4th might be the best is surprising considering how many of these sort of franchises just go down the drain but this one just keeps getting better and better.
Best part about these movies is they aren't afraid to just be what they are, they set out to do a thing and then do the thing; no BS. But then, in the background you have this super intruiging assassin/criminal underworld and culture where even the most unassuming of people can be a threat.

Plus... dogs.

Chris kind of beat me to it, but these movies just are what they are. No agendas, no annoying subplots, no BS. Just a overpowered good guy who kills people in a lot of ways that are fun to watch without being egregious enough that you roll your eyes at what your watching.

These movies are a labor of love for Keanu. He does like 95% of the stuns and 100% of the gunplay. The videos of him training are just nuts. He insisted on getting things right. So much so that Halle Berry committed to doing all of her work in John Wick 3, broke three ribs in rehearsals and filmed that entire fight scene with those three ribs.

These people really care about putting a good product forward and I commend them for it.

Chris kind of beat me to it, but these movies just are what they are. No agendas, no annoying subplots, no BS. Just a overpowered good guy who kills people in a lot of ways that are fun to watch without being egregious enough that you roll your eyes at what your watching.

These movies are a labor of love for Keanu. He does like 95% of the stuns and 100% of the gunplay. The videos of him training are just nuts. He insisted on getting things right. So much so that Halle Berry committed to doing all of her work in John Wick 3, broke three ribs in rehearsals and filmed that entire fight scene with those three ribs.

These people really care about putting a good product forward and I commend them for it.
Almost as if setting out to make a good movie first and foremost yields good results, most of Hollywood could learn a thing or two (dozen) :lol

I love the first 3 and will see 4 in Imax. Some critics are saying this is becoming the F&F franchise where he is becoming like a superhero and curiously waiting to see those that has damned those movies for that and defend this movie because of that.

If you're a fan of this series then this is an absolute must-see on the biggest screen possible with the best possible sound.

No IMAX ratio to worry about so go Dolby Laser all the way.
Going to Imax tonight super excited this just might be our TGM and TB of 2023 maybe even both combined :panic:

I might have to change my Avatar to Year of the Wo :panic:

KR is almost 60! :thud:

Last edited:
Back