John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum - May 17, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: John Wick: Chapter 3 - May 17, 2019

It's interesting they told us a lot but we still have unanswered questions.

Actually, all 3 Wick movies could easily be compressed into 1 hour

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nah, the first film was a complete film with no need for a sequel, but 2 and 3 could easily be one movie. In fact, a leaner 1 hour and 30 minute movie could be better. My favorite is JW2, and I really like 3 and 1, but they all have the same problem, imo. They peak too early. In JW3, the best action scenes were in the first half. They tried to top it in the second half when JW gets back to NY and he has the bike sequence, and later the shootout in the hotel with the armored guys and finally the Game of Death sequence of JW going up several levels fighting with swords and hand to hand until reaching the "final boss," but IMO, it just wasn't as good as the knife fight from the beginning or the shootout team up with the two dogs. I appreciate that they tried mixing it up in the ending tho, but there's only so much you can do with fighting and a very thin plot. The film still looks beautiful, but there isn't really that much emotional content to make the fights feel important. In a way, JW3 is a live action videogame. I think JW4 has potential to be good if they make the elder a despicable character, which JW3 didn't do. He seemed reasonable and fair considering the world they live in and the rules they all abide. Unlike JW1, the JW character in 2 and 3 is his own worst enemy. All the problems that come his way are ALL because he breaks the rules. :lol That might be one of the reasons the first film still has the strongest story. He was a victim and the film is a simple revenge story.

Nah, the first film was a complete film with no need for a sequel, but 2 and 3 could easily be one movie. In fact, a leaner 1 hour and 30 minute movie could be better. My favorite is JW2, and I really like 3 and 1, but they all have the same problem, imo. They peak too early. In JW3, the best action scenes were in the first half. They tried to top it in the second half when JW gets back to NY and he has the bike sequence, and later the shootout in the hotel with the armored guys and finally the Game of Death sequence of JW going up several levels fighting with swords and hand to hand until reaching the "final boss," but IMO, it just wasn't as good as the knife fight from the beginning or the shootout team up with the two dogs. I appreciate that they tried mixing it up in the ending tho, but there's only so much you can do with fighting and a very thin plot. The film still looks beautiful, but there isn't really that much emotional content to make the fights feel important. In a way, JW3 is a live action videogame. I think JW4 has potential to be good if they make the elder a despicable character, which JW3 didn't do. He seemed reasonable and fair considering the world they live in and the rules they all abide. Unlike JW1, the JW character in 2 and 3 is his own worst enemy. All the problems that come his way are ALL because he breaks the rules. [emoji38] That might be one of the reasons the first film still has the strongest story. He was a victim and the film is a simple revenge story.
I agree with everything you said. I won't watch it again, but I bet it looks incredible with HDR.

Like my Wife said, "Number 3 is it for me".

I agree with everything you said. I won't watch it again, but I bet it looks incredible with HDR.

Like my Wife said, "Number 3 is it for me".

Well, I'm still invested in the "story." I want to see JW put an end the high table, get his ring back, his car from Aurelio, and his freedom. It should end with him getting his car back all fixed up and him driving away a free man with his dog. Also, I want to see the Adjudicator die. :lol

Hopefully, now that John and Bowering King are teaming up they bring Carrie Ann Moss and make it a full Matrix reunion.

I finally watched this last night as my blu ray arrived. It was pretty much what I expected so didn't disappoint too much. This series does however run the risk of becoming another fast and furious type franchise if they aren't careful. This one was just full on fights and violence throughout with very little real story. That's fine for this kind of movie, and the action was all good. But it might be better to reign it in slightly for the next one and focus a bit more on characters and plot rather than trying to keep on upping the action for each movie to the point where it becomes too much. I like all three movies, but the first one is still the best imo.

I enjoyed it, found it to fit right in the genre that it's in. The end felt like a video game, trying to fight your way to the big boss. I also like that they left it the ending open ended in case they want to do more.

Finally watched it today. It was fun, but I agree the first one was the most satisfying, even if revenge flicks aren't the most original idea in the action genre. This one just didn't seem to make sense, even within the ridiculous, over the top universe they've created.

A24589CF-6211-4781-B2D0-EBD46A8BDDE3.jpg

A bit late, but I finally sat down and watched all 3 JW movies.

I'd seen the original but never the sequels.

I don't recommend watching them all in a row.

So. Many. Head shots.

It's just so savage and brutal and then you get desensitized to it. The fake CGI blood definitely takes me out of it though. I hate that crap. Give me giant buckets of actual liquid fake blood like in Tarantino movies any day.

First movie was really good.

Second one I fell asleep and had to watch in segments, so it didn't make much sense to me.

Third one. Man. I don't know. First of all, I know there's nothing any of us can do about that bastard Father Time, but Keanu is finally showing his age in this one. And the fact that it's supposed to take place a day or two after the first one just makes the several years in between production of the movies more obvious.

Also, I loathe the actor from "Billions" who was in this, playing the same role as in Billions. Maybe I'm supposed to loathe that person....if so, good job? I mean you're supposed to hate the characters, the villains...not the person playing them. I don't know. Why in the hell didn't John and Winston put three rounds in her head when they had a chance?

Also, after watching over six hours of people getting shot in the head, it reaalllllly stands out when a character has plot armor, cause magically, they're the only ones that don't get shot in the head. That includes Wick himself (shot several times in his magic bullet proof suit but NOT the head) and Winston's right hand man, the only staff member of the hotel to magically not get shot and killed, Angelica Huston only being shot in the hands, Bronn from GoT only(!) getting shot in the crotch, Morpheus getting all sliced up, looking pretty damn fatal, but then showing up in the final pre-credits stinger, and a few others.

Most glaring lack of a head shot was when Wick shoots the doctor, I'm presuming to make it look like he forced the guy to help him or something. First thing anyone would do is say "Geez, this guy's head's not blown off...John Wick let him live." Dumb.

Ruby Rose "survived" the first movie....meaning she didn't explicitly die onscreen, so I'd expect to see her again.

I thought it was nice that Wick let those two Indonesian guys live since they clearly had a chance to kill him and didn't.

Anyway, the first movie was really, really good but it quickly devolved into almost Scott Pilgrim levels of parody by the third one.

The only thing I really predict by the end of the series (if that ever happens) is that John's gonna get his wedding ring back, and hopefully enough time will have passed that John Leguizamo will have his car fixed for him, and he can ride off into the sunset with his unnamed dog.

Or they could end on a bummer note and have him make some kind of ultimate sacrifice, but that would be stupid.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in. Better late than never. Wonder if production on the 4th one ever got off the ground before the world shut down....

Back