John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum - May 17, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: John Wick: Chapter 3 - May 17, 2019

It depends on how personal he takes Winston shooting him. If Wick decides that Winston had no choice then I could see him being left alone. He didn't seem to hold the $14 million bounty put out by Winston against him but being directly shot multiple times could be another matter entirely.

Some people say that both were in on it, or that Winston wasn't really trying to kill JW because he shot the bulletproof suit, but to that I say, what about JW falling off the building? Unless Winston knew the building so well that he hoped JW would land on that ledge thing on the side of the structure before hitting the ground.

So is John Wick going to go after Winston too?

From the moment it happened I felt like Winston was giving Wick the only chance he had to live. Winston can't help Wick anymore if he loses the hotel and his power. Winston could not have kept the hotel without "killing" Wick and he knew it. The was only ONE way. Shoot him in the bullet proof suit and hope he survived the fall. The tick tock man was there waiting. Winston planned it all.... Wick wasn't in on it because his reaction had to be real. Fishburn's character will explain the set up to him.

I could see Winston not having intended for Wick to fall all the way to the street. Maybe he expected a higher ledge to save him.

Damn, where do I start?

I really enjoyed this. I thought it was going to be good, but it turned out better then I thought. In fact, I don't need to have any other good movies this year. This was the most anticipated film of the year for me (EG was second). I wouldn't call it the best of the franchise as I think I would rank John Wick as my overall favorite.

Anyways, here is my breakdown.

The look of the film was astounding. I can't recall any sloppy CGI. The cinematagraphy was amazing. Dan Laustsen knows how to tell a story with lights and background. The best looking film of the year hands down. No contest.

The fight scenes. Holy ****! The movie was such a thrill from start to finish. The book fight was one hell of a way to open the film. That guy was a giant that Wick took out. The knife fight scene in that old antiques shop was awesome. The knife in the eye. Damn. Really cool to see Wick adapting to the environment in his confrontations. The horse chase. The slaps on the horses ass to make it kick! Made me laugh. Just so good. Again, Wick using the means at his disposal. Love it.

I loved the call backs to the previous films. Like when Wick calls Sophia on the marker. It was just like Santino in Chapter 2. The same things are basically said. It also links all 3 movies. In the first film, Winston tells John that if he dips so much as a pinky back into the pond he may find himself pulled back into it. Of course, Chapter 2 is a follow up to those comments. And then John does what Santino did to him.

I loved how we got to revisit the bath house from John Wick during his fight with assassins sent by the Adjudicator. That was great. His fight under the water where we basically got to see bullet time from the Matrix. Very cool stuff.

The motorcycle chase was awesome. The assassins all pulling their swords out in unison. That was inspired by a Korean film called "The Villianness".

I really need to see this again in the theater before it stops playing. John Wick is my favorite franchise right now. Nothing else really competes in that aspect.

Seeing as there will be a 4th film, I have high hopes. I want the story of Wick to end on a high note. I hope it ends with him taking down the high table and fading back into the shadows.

I hope it ends with part 4. I wouldn't mind a JW prequel. His back story is so mysterious, plus I'd love to see what JW was like in his prime. So far we've seen a past his prime, old, beat up, retired for 5 years JW. A prime JW, in his late 20's and 30's must have something else. The way everyone talks about him is like he was otherworldly.

I hope it ends with part 4. I wouldn't mind a JW prequel. His back story is so mysterious, plus I'd love to see what JW was like in his prime. So far we've seen a past his prime, old, beat up, retired for 5 years JW. A prime JW, in his late 20's and 30's must have something else. The way everyone talks about him is like he was otherworldly.

I would be wholly against this. While I appreciate the idea of it, it's the mystery of why he's so otherworldly that's compelling. I have no doubt it would be a good movie, but I think it would 100% run into the Solo situation where it's informing the viewer of things they don't need to see happen.

I would be wholly against this. While I appreciate the idea of it, it's the mystery of why he's so otherworldly that's compelling. I have no doubt it would be a good movie, but I think it would 100% run into the Solo situation where it's informing the viewer of things they don't need to see happen.

There's an origin comic book already, so I wouldn't mind if they use some of it. In the comic, John Wick was inducted or recruited by Charon (hotel clerk), after JW saved him. My only issue against a prequel is finding someone that looks like Keanu in the 90's.

There's an origin comic book already, so I wouldn't mind if they use some of it. In the comic, John Wick was inducted or recruited by Charon (hotel clerk), after JW saved him. My only issue against a prequel is finding someone that looks like Keanu in the 90's.

Sam Jackson looked pretty good in Captain Marvel. They could just use Keanu if the budget is big enough to use the deaging technology.

Saw this last night oh my amazing. They nailed this trilogy easy a top 10 best trilogy of all time.

Top 10? Might be top 5 since there are almost no more trilogies. :lol

In no particular order LOTR, Godfather, toy story, original star wars and the dark knight trilogy are all better. No disrespect to John Wick trilogy its up there i really do love John Wick.

In no particular order LOTR, Godfather, toy story, original star wars and the dark knight trilogy are all better. No disrespect to John Wick trilogy its up there i really do love John Wick.

Toy Story and SW aren't trilogies anymore. Both have a fourth film.

Toy Story and SW aren't trilogies anymore. Both have a fourth film.

That is true John Wick will have a fourth also. But lets count the first 3 in those franchises then i think John Wick just misses out. On a side note i like John Wick better than Toy Story i am just seeing it as it is what is better overall not just for me.

Hmmmm I might say that its better then the Godfather trilogy and Dark Knight Trilogy as both IMO pooped the bed with the 3rd installments

Freaking JW part 3 might be the best of the series so far :lol

Hmmmm I might say that its better then the Godfather trilogy and Dark Knight Trilogy as both IMO pooped the bed with the 3rd installments

Freaking JW part 3 might be the best of the series so far :lol

Dark knight returns wasn't on par with the first two but it wasn't horrible. That could open a debate for that one being in or out of someones top 5.

Just discussing John Wick being a contender for a top 5 is amazing to be honest.

I still want a prequel about John Wick in his prime. I was watching JW 1 the other day, and noticed something that I'd never thought about because I always saw it as a "throw away" scene with Charon delivering a humorous line about the quality of the Continental's laundry service. It's the scene where JW arrives at the Continental bloodied and hurt after the Red Circle club sequence. When he arrived, John approached the reception desk and asked if there was a doctor available and how good was the laundry service of the New York Continental, to which Charon replied, "No one is that good."

We know John was a regular patron of the Continental-branch because when he first arrived, he was welcomed back by Charon (hotel clerk) after 5 years, therefore John would have known that there is always medical service available for the guests as Charon said, and that their laundry service wasn't THAT good to fix his suit. That means that "prime" John Wick had never been injured that badly before to need medical service from the Continental. That along with Winston saying to him, "Weren't you the one tasked to dole out the beatings, not receive them?" and the villains in JW3 saying he was "getting slow," and it's very clear that JW is nowhere near as good or as lethal as he used to be when he was younger.

I thought when they said he was getting slow they meant he was slow due to his multiple injuries.

I thought when they said he was getting slow they meant he was slow due to his multiple injuries.

Maybe, but Keanu is running slow in JW 3 and at the end of JW2. :lol Compare the way he runs in JW3 and how he used to run in The Matrix and Point Break, when he was young and athletic. Now he's got that awkward Harrison Ford running style. :lol

Maybe, but Keanu is running slow in JW 3 and at the end of JW2. :lol Compare the way he runs in JW3 and how he used to run in The Matrix and Point Break, when he was young and athletic. Now he's got that awkward Harrison Ford running style. :lol

Still better running than the Sam L Jackson style. Funny watching captain marvel and seeing how they made him look younger but didn't improve his fighting or running. Still moved like a 70 year old.

Back