Joewolf's figures - Bill from Left4Dead games

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joewolf's figures -- From Dusk Till Dawn: Seth Gecko George Clooney (shortened ne

2010 - The original 'preview' pictures (that was a looong preview period! :lol )
2011 - Revised body proportions, new gloves, new pants
2012 - Repaint
2013 - Weathering, finish off weapons

This is my version of The Punisher as he appeared in the great PUNISHER MAX comic series when drawn by Croatian artist Goran Parlov. I was inspired by Parlov's highly detailed "cartoony yet serious" style.

Thanks for looking.

punisher_12_figure_top_contrast.jpg

Goran Parlov Punisher artwork:
goran_art.jpg

tumblr_loc3cjxATc1qzmnjm.jpg

marvelvspunisher2cov.jpg

More art

Figure:
punisher_12_figure_top.jpg

punisher_12_figure_back.jpg

punisher_12_figure_left.jpg

On the shelf:
punisher_12_figure_ontheshelf.jpg

punishermax_nude.jpg

Re: Joewolf's figures -- Punisher Max, Comic Artwork-style (with Table Of Contents)

Thanks! It's a custom body combining Marvel Icons Spiderman, DC Direct arms, and DID legs.

Re: Joewolf's figures -- Punisher Max, Comic Artwork-style (with Table Of Contents)

DCD Green Lantern, though it's been recast and modified.

Geese Howard is one of the most iconic "boss" characters in 2D fighting game history. He died in his very first game, 1991's Fatal Fury, yet has been brought back in over a dozen games over the last 20+ years! Geese is just that popular.

Head - Medicom GIGN - sculpted over brow, mouth, and cheek to give smug expression
Body - DCD 13", resculpted neck and traps
Clothes - Handmade
Hands - DC + misc recasts

geesehoward_grab3-1038x576.jpg

geesehoward_standinggrab_realm.jpg

geesehoward_back.jpg

geesehoward_clothed_realm.jpg

geesehoward_left.jpg

geesehoward_right.jpg

geesehoward_shirtless1_realm.jpg

geesehoward_nudepainted_12figure2.jpg

geese_splash2_realm.jpg

Click here for making of shots.

Re: Joewolf's figures - Geese Howard 2D Fighting BOSS/ICON (King Of Fighters, Fatal F

Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock as DSS Agent Hobbs in the 2011 film, Fast Five. The Rock was the best thing about the movie and helped revitalize the entire The Fast andThe Furious franchise.

I used Hot Toys' 1/6th G.I. Joe Retaliation Roadblock figure as a base. Unfortunately, Hot Toys gave that body a skinny build to better fit the body armor and clothing. So, I had to modify the body proportions to better match The Rock's huge, muscular physique.

My bro helped me design the holster in 3D and I printed it at Shapeways. It came out perfectly! It fits the pistol down to the milimeter -- I'm amazed at the precision of the 3d printouts! If you care about such things, the holster is a Safariland Model 002 "Cup Challenge" Competition Holster and the revolver is a Dan Wesson PPC .357.

Head: Hot Toys (lengthened beard to match Fast Five goatee)
Body: Hot Toys (widened neck, added traps & lats, made taller)
Shirt: Ebay
Pants: Very Hot (lowered waist by 1/2", took in all seams)
Boots: DAMToy
Pistol: Sideshow
Holster: Custom 3D Printed
Gloves: Sideshow (converted to fingerless, change angle of trigger hand)
DSS Badge: Dragon Models DML

therock_dwaynejohnson_fastfive_figure_12-inch_00.jpg

therock_dwaynejohnson_fastfive_figure_12-inch_05_body.jpg

I'm pleased with the way the beard turned out. It's a pretty seamless transition from the original to the extended goatee.
therock_dwaynejohnson_fastfive_figure_12-inch_04_goatee.jpg

therock_dwaynejohnson_fastfive_figure_12-inch_02.jpg

therock_dwaynejohnson_fastfive_figure_12-inch_03.jpg

The Safariland holster for the monster pistol was a 3D printed custom courtesy of my bro & my nonstop nagging of him.
therock_dwaynejohnson_fastfive_figure_12-inch_07_pistol.jpg

therock_dwaynejohnson_fastfive_figure_12-inch_08_holster.jpg

Most of the body mods are temporary and can be removed without any damage to the figure.
therock_dwaynejohnson_fastfive_figure_12-inch_09_mods.jpg

therock_dwaynejohnson_fastfive_figure_12-inch_00b.jpg

Height check (L to R): Hot Toys ebay knockoff, Rock, Artfigures, Crazy Dummy. (look at the shoulder heights)
therock_dwaynejohnson_fastfive_figure_12-inch_10_height.jpg

Re: Joewolf's figures - Geese Howard 2D Fighting BOSS/ICON (King Of Fighters, Fatal F

Here's Barracuda, the Punisher's greatest foe from the amazing PUNISHER MAX mature comic book series. Body is a mix of DC Deluxe, Marvel Rotocast, TNA wrestlers and BBI. Jeans are a pair of NLM overalls turned into regular urban baggy jeans.

barracuda_12infigure_cover.jpg

barracuda_12infigure_standing.jpg

punisher_barracuda_figure_comic_01.jpg

punisher_barracuda_figure_comic_02.jpg

barracuda_12in_figure_dioramadoor_lowerangle.jpg

Re: Joewolf's figures - Barracuda from The Punisher & Dead Rising's Frank West

"I've covered wars, ya know!"

Here's Frank West, the hero of Capcom's early Xbox 360 video game, Dead Rising! It's a crazy dummy head that I resculpted to add Frank's particular scowl, nose, and hair. Body is frankensteined from BBI, hitfigure, and other figs. I tried to recreate the look of the game where the shapes are all blocky, but the skin textures are realistic and detailed.

figure_frankwest_deadrising_01_head.jpg

figure_frankwest_deadrising_03_zombiesdio.jpg

customfigure_frankwest_deadrising_weaponspose.jpg

figure_frankwest_deadrising_04_chainsaw.jpg

The chainsaw is from Power Team. I repainted, weathered, and bloodied it.

figure_frankwest_deadrising_01_DRlogo.jpg

figure_frankwest_deadrising_01_zombiesdio.jpg

Re: Joewolf's figures - DEAD RISING's FRANK WEST + Barracuda from The Punisher

Thank you, my man!

Re: Joewolf's figures - DEAD RISING's FRANK WEST + Barracuda from The Punisher

Here's Vietnam vet Bill from Left 4 Dead zombie videogame.

l4d_bill_customfigure_frontright.jpg

I sculpted the cigarette on top of a wire from a trash twisty tie. The expose wire makes it easy to insert into the mouth subtly plus change the angle of the cigarette. Printed the SF patch and glued on.
l4d_bill_customfigure_face.jpg

The clothes are DML and Sideshow with ACE boots. All dyed, painted, adjusted and heavily weathered.
l4d_bill_customfigure_front_relaxed.jpg

In the game, you can throw propane tanks and blow them up to create a fire wall:
l4d_bill_customfigure_throwing_propanetank.jpg

Tried to do the blue vein effect but doesn't really show up on camera.
l4d_bill_customfigure_hand_veins.jpg

This the old BBI diecast M16. I add the light & tape, then repainted & weather the whole thing:
l4d_bill_customfigure_weaponsholster.jpg

l4d_bill_customfigure_lefthalf.jpg

Bill is fantastic! Would love for you to do more L4D characters. I could do Francis' tattoos for you as well.

Thank you! I have plans for the whole crew, but they are a ways away. I was thinking that Francis' tattoos would need to be done with waterslide tattoos, so I may well take you up on your offer for him and for other projects that I have in mind! But how do you apply them cleanly to uneven surfaces like a muscle body? I noticed you get pretty good results even on bumpy bodies.

By the way, checked out your FB page. Love your Xmas dios!

Thank you! I have plans for the whole crew, but they are a ways away. I was thinking that Francis' tattoos would need to be done with waterslide tattoos, so I may well take you up on your offer for him and for other projects that I have in mind! But how do you apply them cleanly to uneven surfaces like a muscle body? I noticed you get pretty good results even on bumpy bodies.

By the way, checked out your FB page. Love your Xmas dios!

Much appreciated! We use a pretty magical thing called microsol, it softens the decals so they meld to curves.

Back