Statue JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In person the hairline doesn't look like it does in the up-close pictures. Wonder Woman vastly improved on Arthur Flecks with the addition of painted lines in transition to the hair, but it isn't doll looking at all, it's actually done incredibly well.

I'm loving the look of this and can't wait for it to be my third piece from them. I think the main problem with his hairline however is how cookie cut it is. But I doubt it'll be as clear as it is in the video in person, from a normal viewing distance the other two look absolutely fine.
I'll take your word for it but every other company that does rooted hair looks great in pics, I only see the poor rooting with JND

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills, it looks absolutely amazing to me. The Joker is not meant to look flattering, the fact they choose a scene expressing his rage greatly reflects the character, IMO. Everything else looks high class from the tailoring on up. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but for me, this is the best 1/3 Ledger ever made. Props to JND.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills, it looks absolutely amazing to me. The Joker is not meant to look flattering, the fact they choose a scene expressing his rage greatly reflects the character, IMO. Everything else looks high class from the tailoring on up. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but for me, this is the best 1/3 Ledger ever made. Props to JND.
Agreed. It looks phenomenal.

I'll take your word for it but every other company that does rooted hair looks great in pics, I only see the poor rooting with JND
I agree, even though their Wonder Woman hairline is better than Fleck it still has that doll hair look, like near her ear in this pic they posted
LPic6116eaaec2506501536238.jpg

You're not crazy for liking something, everyone has their own opinion :)

I personally prefer the likeness of Queen and actually Prime 1 but no doubt this piece is done well like all of their work

However the pic above is exactly what I mean about the hair, I haven't seen that look in any companies - other than dolls

Here's a comparison, proto is the one with darker hair and better hairline. I think of the two the proto likeness is better
JND-Joker-Comparison.gif

They painted the face too flesh toned. Needs more red and white and could they have opened his mouth more and grinned like the hit me scene perhaps it would’ve helped. I’m not seeing Ledger here but is it a great statue? 100% it’s just more a cosplayer Joker. I was hoping they would’ve made bigger and better changes. Was so damn close to ordering.

Yeah something definitely got lost in the production process here. The likeness seems more off, it looks like he's suddenly got hair plugs, and the outfit doesn't seem to look quite as good on him.

Starting to feel a lot more nervous now about that JND Harley I ordered...

Yeah something definitely got lost in the production process here. The likeness seems more off, it looks like he's suddenly got hair plugs, and the outfit doesn't seem to look quite as good on him.

Starting to feel a lot more nervous now about that JND Harley I ordered...
Don’t worry. JND has been 2/2 on their releases so far and they have maintained their value immensely (if not gained) on the secondary market. For me, this is freaking nailed and is the best and most realistic 1/3 Ledger ever made. If for some reason you don’t end up loving your Harley when it’s released, I assure you that will 100000% find someone willing to buy it off of you, perhaps even for a profit.

Don’t worry. JND has been 2/2 on their releases so far and they have maintained their value immensely (if not gained) on the secondary market. For me, this is freaking nailed and is the best and most realistic 1/3 Ledger ever made. If for some reason you don’t end up loving your Harley when it’s released, I assure you that will 100000% find someone willing to buy it off of you, perhaps even for a profit.
So is it definitely better to wait and sell after rather than cancelling and losing a deposit? I've never done either before so not sure what shipping and other fees are like with selling later

So is it definitely better to wait and sell after rather than cancelling and losing a deposit? I've never done either before so not sure what shipping and other fees are like with selling later
With JND, I would 100% wait and sell for some reason if you don’t like the final result. Look at the secondary market for their Arthur Fleck and WW; they value increased big time. They have a big following and appreciation of their work already.

The hairline does not look "doll like" at all in hand on the JND Wonder Woman, in my opinion (and I have the Hot Toys version, so I'm acquainted with doll like). Here's a quick shot of mine in the middle of the night, with a full flash (if you reduce the image to ~1/3 scale it looks like real hair). I'm actually stunned with this statue whenever I look at it, head and shoulders above any other collectible I own.

Attachments

• ww.jpg
    ww.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
That looks great even zoomed in to 1:2 scale. I think some people are just trying to convince themselves otherwise. Likely because they missed out, are priced out, or have already purchased a statue of that character from another studio.

Last edited:
That looks great even zoomed in to 1:2 scale. I think some people are just trying to convince themselves otherwise. Likely because they missed out, are priced out, or have already purchased a statue of that character from another studio.
I’m on record saying this is the best 1/3 Ledger made and this looks even better than the prototype. JND has become the top class for 1/3 in terms of quality.

The hairline does not look "doll like" at all in hand on the JND Wonder Woman, in my opinion (and I have the Hot Toys version, so I'm acquainted with doll like). Here's a quick shot of mine in the middle of the night, with a full flash (if you reduce the image to ~1/3 scale it looks like real hair). I'm actually stunned with this statue whenever I look at it, head and shoulders above any other collectible I own.
that looks great! Do you think the head was painted dark under the inserted hair for it to look fuller? the doll hair look only seems to happen when there's flesh tone showing through

that looks great! Do you think the head was painted dark under the inserted hair for it to look fuller? the doll hair look only seems to happen when there's flesh tone showing through

They have done some painting on the head sculpt to give the hair a more full/realistic look.

If you look closely just below where the hair parts, on the skin, you can see a small amount very fine striations that are not hair. These also seem to be present over the scalp as far as I can tell, but I don't think there is a hair coloured layer of paint or anything (if you look at the parting you can still see a degree of flesh where expected). Trust me when I say the picture I posted does not even come close to viewing this in hand, in my experience camera's seem to pick up every dust particle etc that the eye does not resolve in the same way, never mind what over processed pictures seem to portray (the picture in your post, that they themselves provided, shows edge detail being blown out and haloing; and as a result looking horrendous and doll like; just look at the outer profile of the hair for an alternative example of how unreal\unnatural the edges look).

This is truely museum quality, if it wasn't I would flip it for 1.5+ times what I paid in a heartbeat. I'm sure the Joker will also show the same in hand difference that Wonder Woman does vs the available pictures

Last edited:
If you look closely just below where the hair parts, on the skin, you can see a small amount very fine striations that are not hair. These also seem to be present over the scalp as far as I can tell, but I don't think there is a hair coloured layer of paint or anything (if you look at the parting you can still see a degree of flesh where expected). Trust me when I say the picture I posted does not even come close to viewing this in hand, in my experience camera's seem to pick up every dust particle etc that the eye does not resolve in the same way, never mind what over processed pictures seem to portray (the picture in your post, that they themselves provided, shows edge detail being blown out and haloing; and as a result looking horrendous and doll like; just look at the outer profile of the hair for an alternative example of how unreal\unnatural the edges look).

This is truely museum quality, if it wasn't I would flip it for 1.5+ times what I paid in a heartbeat. I'm sure the Joker will also show the same in hand difference that Wonder Woman does vs the available pictures
Honestly your picture already looks amazing so if it's even better in person that's great! I'm going to stick with this joker, I PO'd all 3 but JND's was the one I've been most excited for hands down. I'm sure I'll love it in person

Yeah, 100% does the Wonder Woman not have doll hair. For starters the styling is phenomenal, how they have managed to maintain styling in this scale as consistant as they have is beyond me. But these are hairs that are pushed into silicone, and fairly close together at that. It does not look like plugged in hair in the slightest.

I think if someone were to pass on one of these statues with this as a concern it'd be a real shame, the quality is astounding, and I genuinely feel like the last thing someone would ever say about one in person is the hair looking like a doll.

Back