Statue JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My take. This is the only one where I feel an actual presence. The Queen Artisan version is fantastic, a great 1/4 scale statue, there's just something about the exact stance and expression that is slightly lifeless to me. I personally would not consider the Prime 1 at all. I don't fall into the camp that sees and old man face, but do agree the stitching on the lapel should be smaller (or absent like it appears to be on the Queen?). Regarding the hair colour; I think the previews they have given are desaturated vs the Queen pictures, there will be hopefully less of a gap in hand. Regarding the hair thickness, I think they have used too much\the wrong product, hopefully some futzing will sort that out (it's certianly easier to thin hair than add it, in a worst case scenario). All in all, I am looking forward to getting this in hand - I remember certain people posting, and holding the opinion, about wonder woman's doll hair until it was shown in hand to not be the case.

Last edited:
It will need to be futzed, I'll be pulling some of the hair from behind his ear to be hanging over face more. They nailed GG's WW84 hair, it's actually incredible in-hand; to get a mass produced item like it and have it be of that quality. AF's hair is very well done also, although it's not exactly how his hair is in the film, not enough curl and too short imo.

Got no idea what they did with this hair, especially considering this is the second in-house product they've done with the hair. And then you see the teasers for Bale's hair and it's phenomenal. They dropped the ball in my opinion with this one, his hair looks like he went to a salloon, really frustrating considering the 'mad dog' pose they've chosen to demonstrate his craziness, and then they've gone and juxtaposed this very specific pose with hair that doesn't match it. His hair is supposed to be wild and free, in this it's slicked back and wavy.

I'm excited to get him in, see what I can do with the hair without over doing it, from the back it looks fine. But they went heavy handed with the green, and didn't style it correctly. Really odd for them to have dropped the ball on this piece - I'm wondering actually if it's because they're rushing him out because of all the delays with outsourced manufacture and one of their tenets is to be on time with releases. If so it's frustrating again, because I'd rather wait and get it finessed more. I think they overdid this piece, however, I've no doubt in hand the presence it'll have will be huge, it will undoubtedly be Heath's Joker and anyone will be able to notice it, the realism will be exceptional and the tailoring phenomenal. I still think it'll be the best Joker, but not as good as it should have been.

I would’ve bought instantly if the face was more accurate but I can’t pay $2200 for an artistic interpretation. I’m sorry. Sideshow does this and for a quarter of the price it shows. This money is too much for inaccuracies. No doubt it is a great statue and representation of Joker but this is serious money and for the ‘best’ statue line this is hard miss. QS and P1 nailed the likeness. Can only imagine what QS 1/2 will look like.

honestly I was disappointed and even checked to see if I can get a refund but I can't, but I also might really like it in person so just have to wait and see and also see if it's easy enough to change the look of the hair a bit
If you liked the proto enough to order it, you may fall in love with it in hand - I don't think it looks much different TBH

You can always sell it if you decide not to keep it

I for one can not wait to get this!!! I think it looks amazing. It looks spectacular. I mean it has some flaws like every other statue has. The hair has some color that is off. But I think the sculpt is on and I love the difference between the Queen Studios. Because the make up is suppose to be dirty. Where as the QS looks sick and perfect. I will have both so I will be happy either way. Now P1 I think stinks. I like the second sculpt that saved that statue. I mean I don't like busy bases. To me to much is going on and takes up room. I like simplicity. I think both JND and QS nailed it. Plus these are videos I bet the JND in hand will be one of the best ledger statues out. I think that and the QS. Either way, will all get what we want. But you trusting P1 good luck. I just got the second sculpt. I didnt buy that statue. I did not like it one bit. way to much going on and a stupid pose. But to each there own.

Prime 1 bust sculpt looks better than the smiling portrait and better as this guy here imo. but to each their own
take a pic from the scene and take a pic from the statue side by side, pictures dont lie!

Prime 1 bust sculpt looks better than the smiling portrait and better as this guy here imo. but to each their own
take a pic from the scene and take a pic from the statue side by side, pictures dont lie!
Buddy you just love to disagree with everything I say, joker wise since years ago. Yet here you are again. I know we have had issues in the past. But lets move on please. This is not to sound like a dick to the rest of you, I am just making a point. But to me it doesn't matter when Ill have all 3! Prime one is hit or miss, I don't want to put my trust in them anymore. But that smiling pose is absolutely terrible!!! They saved that statue. Let me repeat that, saved!!!! That statue by making that second sculpt! Cuz it looked like he was taking a crap. How many times are we gonna get that card holding up, its stupid! Best pose goes to QS. I can not wait to get that one. Yet jnd looks amazing as well. All I am saying are there are options for everyone! But there was a screen shot of him smiling and that P1 statue and it was way off. Now the second pose is what they should have gone for in the first place. Now we can have an adult conversation. So keep it that way.

Last edited:
Buddy you just love to disagree with everything I say, joker wise since years ago. Yet here you are again. I know we have had issues in the past. But lets move on please. This is not to sound like a dick to the rest of you, I am just making a point. But to me it doesn't matter when Ill have all 3! Prime one is hit or miss, I don't want to put my trust in them anymore. But that smiling pose is absolutely terrible!!! They saved that statue. Let me repeat that, saved!!!! That statue by making that second sculpt! Cuz it looked like he was taking a crap. How many times are we gonna get that card holding up, its stupid! Best pose goes to QS. I can not wait to get that one. Yet jnd looks amazing as well. All I am saying are there are options for everyone! But there was a screen shot of him smiling and that P1 statue and it was way off. Now the second pose is what they should have gone for in the first place. Now we can have an adult conversation. So keep it that way.
To be fair, the P1 bust is the best likeness though

No way QS puts that to shame!! But again its a preference if you want plastic hair, and a weird pose ss ish then thats your piece, Qs has the best face and pose. But JND best costume and I love the face. But in person is where all this is at. Thats what it comes down too. I don't trust P1 but I did get that bust. The second one that first one looks absolutely terrible. But thats my opinion.

I think P1 is the worst of the three. Grinning face seems cartoonish/animated to me. And the pose is weird and the base is too big and there’s too much going on. Only thing that’s great is the additional sculpt. Maybe it was always planned or maybe they added it bc of people’s responses to the original sculpt. If QS finished product is like the proto then they win.

No way QS puts that to shame!! But again its a preference if you want plastic hair, and a weird pose ss ish then thats your piece, Qs has the best face and pose. But JND best costume and I love the face. But in person is where all this is at. Thats what it comes down too. I don't trust P1 but I did get that bust. The second one that first one looks absolutely terrible. But thats my opinion.

QS 1/4 is the best likeness in any scale at the moment. It's better than the 1:1 busts and statues. P1 1/3 bust is close second, heck I even have it ordered.

Have to wait and see how it all actually turns out though.

Last edited:
Buddy you just love to disagree with everything I say, joker wise since years ago. Yet here you are again. I know we have had issues in the past. But lets move on please. This is not to sound like a dick to the rest of you, I am just making a point. But to me it doesn't matter when Ill have all 3! Prime one is hit or miss, I don't want to put my trust in them anymore. But that smiling pose is absolutely terrible!!! They saved that statue. Let me repeat that, saved!!!! That statue by making that second sculpt! Cuz it looked like he was taking a crap. How many times are we gonna get that card holding up, its stupid! Best pose goes to QS. I can not wait to get that one. Yet jnd looks amazing as well. All I am saying are there are options for everyone! But there was a screen shot of him smiling and that P1 statue and it was way off. Now the second pose is what they should have gone for in the first place. Now we can have an adult conversation. So keep it that way

Im disagree with the most that u write! U have ur opinion, i have my opinion. I dont know whats the problem again.
Im not a big fan of JND i got WW84 and Harley Quinn on PO.. The best sculpt from them was Arthus Fleck imo but the skin tone is arrrgh to orange. Wonder Womans face is really good sculpt from JND and better painted as Prime 1s 1/3 JL or Training Version but the sculpt from Hossein Diba i like it more and looks exspecially from the side as Gal Gadot.
Im not a fan of mixed media, silicon, wool, fabric, pvc, or whatever i love heavy and hard pieces polystone, resin etc.
For a JND Statue, Silicon Bust from QS, Infinity Studio, rooted hair is an dust free Case a must!

Last edited:
QS 1/4 is the best likeness in any scale at the moment. It's better than the 1:1 busts and statues. P1 1/3 bust is close second, heck I even have it ordered.

Have to wait and see how it all actually turns out though.
I think it has very good likeness but I still prefer the JND and potentially the Infinity Ledger bust more. The P1 bust likeness is great, but again, I am always skeptical of P1’s pieces through production. We’re honestly spoiled with Ledgers currently in a good way.

I got only 1 of 15 pieces from Prime 1 that not look like the promo pictures. That was Shazam paint app from skin was more comic style with shadow areas. All others looks the same like promotional pictures and i got only movie statues.

I think it has very good likeness but I still prefer the JND and potentially the Infinity Ledger bust more. The P1 bust likeness is great, but again, I am always skeptical of P1’s pieces through production. We’re honestly spoiled with Ledgers currently in a good way.
Agreed!!! the first p1 joker needed to be repainted I had to repaint it cuz it was terrible

Im disagree with the most that u write! U have ur opinion, i have my opinion. I dont know whats the problem again.
Im not a big fan of JND i got WW84 and Harley Quinn on PO.. The best sculpt from them was Arthus Fleck imo but the skin tone is arrrgh to orange. Wonder Womans face is really good sculpt from JND and better painted as Prime 1s 1/3 JL or Training Version but the sculpt from Hossein Diba i like it more and looks exspecially from the side as Gal Gadot.
Im not a fan of mixed media, silicon, wool, fabric, pvc, or whatever i love heavy and hard pieces polystone, resin etc.
For a JND Statue, Silicon Bust from QS, Infinity Studio, rooted hair is an dust free Case a must!
No but for some reason you search me out bro. Its kind of creepy now! Like its a huge forum and for some reason I hear from you about a joker piece. Which like I said I can give two *****. Cuz Ill own all three. Just not the p1 statue. Cuz they have come to let pple down. A lot of there stuff. I have the jungle hunter predator p1 and I got a good piece. But they dropped the ball on a lot of customers on that. So, say what you want but they are hit and miss. When Qs is pretty much hit. JND I love the statue. Ill wait to see it in person. But so far so good. Just say your peace move on. I don't want to deal with you, its apparent we will never see eye to eye so why reply? On anything I say? Just to try to work my nerves? Im a Social Worker dawg, that ain't gonna work.

Back