Statue JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a friend of mine received his JND Ledger Joker today and told me the same, it's definitely not plastic, don't know why this guy is saying that. Is anyone still waiting for his Joker?

a friend of mine received his JND Ledger Joker today and told me the same, it's definitely not plastic, don't know why this guy is saying that. Is anyone still waiting for his Joker?
I'm still waiting, ordered through a UK retailer

Do you think these will lose their value with the high amount of HL Joker's being released since?

Doubt it - very small edition size, combine that with how little people are wanting to sell these once they have them there's no supply. Not sure how much demand there is on the secondary market, but these definitely would not lose value, either retain or increase if anything.

The influx of 1.6 Jokers encroaching on the custom market is more likely to have decreased value, but even then doubtful.

Doubt it - very small edition size, combine that with how little people are wanting to sell these once they have them there's no supply. Not sure how much demand there is on the secondary market, but these definitely would not lose value, either retain or increase if anything.

The influx of 1.6 Jokers encroaching on the custom market is more likely to have decreased value, but even then doubtful.
Agree, I see this increasing in value if anything. Scales matter. Someone who wants a 1/3 Joker isn't gonna care how many 1/6 Jokers are available.

Very few statues hold their value these days, but JND pieces always sell out relatively quickly.

Yea I don't see a 1/6 Joker really having any impact on the value of this beast. If you're a 1/3 collector, you're more than likely going to want a 1/3 Joker, and won't settle for a 1/6 no matter how good it looks.

Hair rework by Tetsu custom studio. Looks great!

Screenshot_20220323-142329_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220323-142436_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220323-142404_Instagram.jpg

That is such an improvement, makes a big difference to the overall look as I thought the face had been repainted at first

That is such an improvement, makes a big difference to the overall look as I thought the face had been repainted at first
I think the hair just throws a lot of people off. Some of them are worse than others. The original version of this particular sculpt looked pretty bad.

In all honesty though, it should have come like this from factory, although I'm not sure if they could have replicated this look on all of them.

Yeah that looks a lot better. I still think his face looks too wrinkly and aged. However you can't deny how beautiful the silicone and paint are on the sculpt.

Big difference. Really shocked that it seems JND settled for good enough when the hair was not even close.
The joker should have been on top of their portfolio and released the best as possible.
I'm not sure if they were simply not able to do this on 888 pieces or if they just played it safe.

I'm still happy with the hair on mine, but this definitely looks better and closer to the prototype (in fact, it probably looks better).

It's a fantastic rehair for sure. I tried to use some water and paintbrush some of the green away from his roots, but didn't really work. I don't properly know how to restyle hair, for example what's the best product to use etc. so didn't want to force it to come off and not being able to restyle afterwards.

But in all honesty the hair was done extremely well. I've cut some of his front hair back to make it more in line with the proto, in the sense that his fringe hair going down the front of his face isn't the same length as his back hair. But genuinely the problem wasn't the hair, it's the travel during shipping which flattens everything.

If you get some clips and move the strands over and give volume and gravity to the strands it's actually a stellar piece. The only improvement then would have been the brown hair at the roots like in Tetsu's redo.

I wonder if he replugged them or like I was trying to do stripped the green from the hair. Because the hair underneath is brown, if you can get rid off the product that sits on top sealing the green paint it can be stripped back. If I had the confidence to restyle with a good product to reseal the hair I do it. But for now the clipping and restyling is more than enough.

Has anybody else on FB been seeing store ads for these statues popping up on their news feed!?

I have and they are a complete and utter con. You click on the store link and you are taken to a legit looking site, HOWEVER, the prices they advertise wouldn't even cover shipping. They ask £50 for them. They blatantly use promo material from JND on their sites and ads too. God alone knows what anyone unfortunate enough to order from them would receive. Not the statue that's for sure. I don't have any links and I would advise against clicking anything if you were to see an ad and open the site. They are just like eBay scammers, report one and another pops up within hours. FB do take them down, but, they come back.

I have also contacted JND but never heard back. You guys are in the know, but others aren't. If you see an ad, report it.

Yeah, I’ve seen quite a few. Theyre unboxing jnd stuff and the price was like dirt cheap, no way it’s legit but unfortunately, there’s a lot of people who don’t know what the products are And I’m sure falls for it.

Back