Statue JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple weeks on and this piece is still a presence in the room, don't think that'll ever change.

Wonder if they'll ever do another Joker down the line. Really hoping a Phoenix in makeup is done.

Couple weeks on and this piece is still a presence in the room, don't think that'll ever change.

Wonder if they'll ever do another Joker down the line. Really hoping a Phoenix in makeup is done.

I’m still surprised they went with Arthur without the Joker make-up but at least it makes the piece more unique. It’s the only JND statue I haven’t ordered but I’d certainly be tempted if they did one with the makeup.

Glad to hear the Ledger Joker is still impressive to you. It certainly looks like it has a lot of presence. I’m very impatient to get my first JND statue in-hand!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m still surprised they went with Arthur without the Joker make-up but at least it makes the piece more unique. It’s the only JND statue I haven’t ordered but I’d certainly be tempted if they did one with the makeup.

Glad to hear the Ledger Joker is still impressive to you. It certainly looks like it has a lot of presence. I’m very impatient to get my first JND statue in-hand!

I'm a little surprised too, but also not completely. As Daniel said in one of their videos, the reasoning behind it was to show off their skillset from the start, to do a natural skin not hidden behind makeup and to show just how realistic a result they can achieve. I suppose for their first ever piece, and in having to prove themselves to be what they describe themselves as, that this was a logical approach. But still, it would have been better I think to have done a makeup version, it still would have proved their abilities in my opinion. But I can only hope they do another.

It still impresses me, genuinely believe until those without a JND piece get one in hand or see one properly setup, they won't get the full striking nature of it.

Joker1.jpg

Joker3.jpg

Joker4.jpg

Joker5.jpg

Joker6.jpg

Joker7.jpg

Joker8.jpg

Joker9.jpg

The photo quality is much better on my phone, frustratingly downscaled when uploaded compared to what's on display, but the grunginess works for the character.

Absolute stunning piece.

Some of those photos I don't think would go amiss as being a production photo of a behind the scenes shot, and that really isn't to complement me, but rather how impressive and hyper-real JND really is.

amazing pics! Have you done something particular to the hairs?

Thanks Xplosive and Vince!

I honestly haven't done much with the hair. It comes slicked back like you've probably seen in earlier photos, it really doesn't require much other than puffing up the hair to give it some lift just by bouncing it and very lightly splaying, and then grabbing some of the hair strands slicked back that start at the sideburn level and giving some volume to them and bring over the ear to give it some layers and dimensionality.

Didn't add any product or anything like that. Simply just minor adjustments and moving some strands. Such a shame they didn't pay closer attention to hair dye colour however, with his brown hair being the roots, would have made it even better.

Amazing photos Gary! Best I’ve seen since the proto reveal! That’s how I imagine it looks like in person to all the collectors who own this piece.

So I managed to score one of these and he arrived yesterday.

Having it in person, this is definitely the best Heath Ledger Joker statue I've ever seen, and I also have the 1:3 Queen Studios.

I think this really needs to be seen in person to be appreciated, but it really does feel like a mini Heath standing there in front of you. Whilst the likeness isn't perfect, it's undeniably Heath Ledger, and it captures the expression perfectly. My only issue with it is that he looks a bit older than be should, due to the fact that the features are dialled up a notch, but it's only a minor nitpick IMO as the overall quality of this thing makes this one of the coolest statues I've ever seen.

Everything from the silicone skin to the glass eyes, the incredible paint job and fantastic hair make this look like a real person. As much as I love my QS piece, when next to this, the JND is on another level. Its a proper museum quality piece. The clothing is also excellent and very well made.

I'll take some proper photos soon, but I honestly can't believe some people don't like this sculpt lol. For me it's far and ahead the best out there.

I have the 1/4 from QS coming too, but I just don't see anything topping this for me as the added realism really just puts it over the edge. I'm still amazed JND were able to achieve this kind of quality in production.

Back