Statue JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice photos mate, hope you're enjoying him! Real presence giver he is.
Thanks mate! Definitely, the presence is unreal. I think this one really needs to be seen in person to be appreciated from all angles etc.

It's just so lifelike, I feel like he's about to talk when I stare at him LOL.

I see a lot more in this photo than the others I've seen for some reason. Love the details, excellent photos xpl0sive!
Thanks mate, the last one is the angle. I shot it from bottom up, and just played around with the lighting a bit. I figured this might help those who can't see the likeness.

It can be a difficult statue to photograph, but I think the reason some people struggle to see the likeness is due to the animated expression and the angle you're viewing him on some photos.

I'm a huge Ledger Joker fan, have owned every statue so far except for the new Prime 1, and for me this is by far my favourite head sculpt of him. You just really need to see it in person to appreciate it. Often you'll hear people saying things like 'I see Ledger but I don't see Joker' and vice versa, but with this I feel like they got the combination of Heath's likeness and Joker's expression just right. It's not perfect, no statue ever will be, but in person it definitely has that wow factor. It looks like it's straight out of the movie.

Thanks mate! Definitely, the presence is unreal. I think this one really needs to be seen in person to be appreciated from all angles etc.

It's just so lifelike, I feel like he's about to talk when I stare at him LOL.

Thanks mate, the last one is the angle. I shot it from bottom up, and just played around with the lighting a bit. I figured this might help those who can't see the likeness.

It can be a difficult statue to photograph, but I think the reason some people struggle to see the likeness is due to the animated expression and the angle you're viewing him on some photos.

I'm a huge Ledger Joker fan, have owned every statue so far except for the new Prime 1, and for me this is by far my favourite head sculpt of him. You just really need to see it in person to appreciate it. Often you'll hear people saying things like 'I see Ledger but I don't see Joker' and vice versa, but with this I feel like they got the combination of Heath's likeness and Joker's expression just right. It's not perfect, no statue ever will be, but in person it definitely has that wow factor. It looks like it's straight out of the movie.
Absolutely agree, its an amazing statue. Only those that own it really get an appreciation of it and just how damn good it is. I own all of them as well. That P1 I think is terrible. Think this wasn't much more than that. Im glad JND went with this pose. On to QS rooted and then I am done LOL! Peace Nuri

Absolutely agree, its an amazing statue. Only those that own it really get an appreciation of it and just how damn good it is. I own all of them as well. That P1 I think is terrible. Think this wasn't much more than that. Im glad JND went with this pose. On to QS rooted and then I am done LOL! Peace Nuri
This is definitely on the expensive side, especially when you factor in shipping and tax. I think it was 800 dollars more than Prime 1, so the price might be off-putting for some.

I guess it comes down to what you want in a statue. A lot of people saw the Prime 1 as value for money with all the accessories and display options, but I personally never cared for the exaggerated base with half of Gotham on it lol. I think in this case, less is more, but that's just me.

I got the 1/4 Queen Studios coming too and I think that's going to be great, but after getting this I'm less excited for that. I just think this will be hard to beat for me personally. I can't stop staring at it lol.

Peace Matt :)

Not bad, but I think it looks like an older version of the joker, like in his mid 50s…
He definitely looks older, but mid 50's is a stretch lol. he just has a very animated expression. I mean if I was to makel an angry face like that I would look older too as wrinkles etc become more apparent.

But yeah, I have this displayed side by side with QS Joker and compared to that he definitely looks older, but not by much.

Glad you like this statue xpl0sive. I agree with everything you said about this piece especially appreciating it much more in person.

Thought I'd post a couple more pics of this awesome statue. Even though i suck at photography, im going to try and take some side by side photos of this statue and the queen studios TKD Bale Batman.
20220211_125525.jpg
20220211_124317.jpg

This is definitely on the expensive side, especially when you factor in shipping and tax. I think it was 800 dollars more than Prime 1, so the price might be off-putting for some.

I guess it comes down to what you want in a statue. A lot of people saw the Prime 1 as value for money with all the accessories and display options, but I personally never cared for the exaggerated base with half of Gotham on it lol. I think in this case, less is more, but that's just me.

I got the 1/4 Queen Studios coming too and I think that's going to be great, but after getting this I'm less excited for that. I just think this will be hard to beat for me personally. I can't stop staring at it lol.

Peace Matt :)
Agreed! But it will be cool to have different version of him. I was never a big base guy. So, small bases are good for me. Ya I love the statue. Like you said and said many times, in person it can't be beat. It truly is something to be witnessed. Late bud.

Glad you like this statue xpl0sive. I agree with everything you said about this piece especially appreciating it much more in person.

Thought I'd post a couple more pics of this awesome statue. Even though i suck at photography, im going to try and take some side by side photos of this statue and the queen studios TKD Bale Batman.
View attachment 562306View attachment 562307
Where you get the case at? Is it a single case?

Where you get the case at? Is it a single case?
It's a case I made myself. I got the glass from a local mom & pop glass shop and used the mdf top and bottom from an old ikea detolf I had in storage. Just did some small minor modifications with a table saw and the glass fit perfectly. I have the glass case ontop of an 18inx18in pedestal base.

Here's a pic of the setup.

20220211_120401.jpg

Last edited:
It's a case I made myself. I got the glass from a local mom & pop glass shop and used the mdf top and bottom from an old ikea detolf I had in storage. Just did some small minor modifications with a table saw and the glass fit perfectly. I have the glass case ontop of an 18inx18in pedestal base.

Here's a pic of the setup.

View attachment 562357
Ya we have a few here mom and pop glass stores. I need to cover this, I can but then it goes in the bedroom.

Ya we have a few here mom and pop glass stores. I need to cover this, I can but then it goes in the bedroom.
The glass came out to about $75. The pedestal was about $175 shipped. Overall not too bad compared to a similar professional setup that costs $600+. I'm working on a the same setup for my QS 1/3 Bale batman at the moment.

The glass came out to about $75. The pedestal was about $175 shipped. Overall not too bad compared to a similar professional setup that costs $600+. I'm working on a the same setup for my QS 1/3 Bale batman at the moment.
Ya, I have great displays cases that were over 2 gs I didn't spend that much I got them on craigs list for 4 bills a pop and they are really top of the line. But I don't want to put it in my room. I have four other display cases from Costco. But I would have to rearrange things and I don't want to do that. So I may do the glass thing. Im just out of room and need to sell stuff. I need to figure it out though. Anyways, thanks man!

Oh man, this is such a great piece. Due to limited budget I can only afford P1 version. Congrats to those who have ordered or received theirs! So happy to see how this turned out, the photos are great but can't imagine if I can see it in person.

Just wonder if someone can answer. Is it true that all bodies of JND pieces are made in PU/plastic ? Or is it special light resin?

Just wonder if someone can answer. Is it true that all bodies of JND pieces are made in PU/plastic ? Or is it special light resin?
No one knows what they're made of, doesn't specify on their product page. You could ask them on social media I suppose, but it's definitely not plastic lol. The body on my Joker is light, but not plastic light, if that makes sense. It's just lighter than some of my other statues. I suspect part of that is due to silicone head sculpt as well. I mean, it wouldn't make sense to market yourself as a premium, museum quality collectible company with solid resin bases, silicone headsculpts with glass eyes and rooted hair and then use a cheap plastic body lol.

No one knows what they're made of, doesn't specify on their product page. You could ask them on social media I suppose, but it's definitely not plastic lol. The body on my Joker is light, but not plastic light, if that makes sense. It's just lighter than some of my other statues. I suspect part of that is due to silicone head sculpt as well. I mean, it wouldn't make sense to market yourself as a premium, museum quality collectible company with solid resin bases, silicone headsculpts with glass eyes and rooted hair and then use a cheap plastic body lol.
Its resin my legs came apart. So, that is how I know.

interesting, so it's a super lightweight resin then. The guy in this french review says it's PU or plastic.

Well I wouldn't say isn't super light weight. It is lighter than some statues. But I don't know french. But like I said both legs came apart like pegs and they were solid. However, it isn't plastic. Resin isn't that heavy to begin with.

Back