JND Studios - Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I have to agree. This was a gut punch here. Sculpt doesn't look that great plus the heat vision head def doesn't look good. This is gonna hurt. Now it's a way harder decision than I thought it was gonna be šŸ˜”

Yea I have to agree. This was a gut punch here. Sculpt doesn't look that great plus the heat vision head def doesn't look good. This is gonna hurt. Now it's a way harder decision than I thought it was gonna be šŸ˜”
I just wish Queen Studios dropped blue version,it would be easier to make decisions. Personally I prefer fully sculpted head. I saw articles about silicone and seems it lasts like 30 years, what happens after 30 years? I'm not dying yet. Article also mentioned it is a new material on the market so nobody knows how it ages. Don't want to pay such a money for something what gonna fall apart after years. I might sound hilarious but when I buy these collectables I want them to last forever. Like when I'm gone, want my son to look at them and remember me. I went too deep,I'm single af lol

It kinda reminds me of the play arts Kai figure.
Oh truly very similar. Haven't seen mine since the day I got him. Logo on the chest is wonky so couldn't unsee it lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221229-165214_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221229-165214_Gallery.jpg
    621.1 KB · Views: 0
They mention in the video the same thing we hear in the news about rising costs: ā€œā€¦ the heighten price of materials and ongoing global recessionā€¦ā€

But I agree with you. Both The Batman and TDK Batman have more complex suit designs than this yet both were cheaper AND included the bust and extra headsculpt in their prices. This one is already more expensive than those at the base price which doesnā€™t even include the bust and extra headsculpt yet. If it was all inclusive at $2600 I would be ok. But an extra $800 on top of the $2600 for something that seems like it shouldā€™ve been included like the previous releases really stings. It almost feels like theyā€™re pricing this on the desirability of Cavill merch now that he is no longer Superman. The more thought that goes into the this, the more Iā€™m having trouble rationalizing the final cost of this compared to their previous offerings, which were also already hard to rationalize at those slightly lower price points
I feel like they saw how Prime 1 was making extra busts like the 1/3 Joker and Jungle Hunter Predator as separate purchases and thought that was a good idea

Dammit... statue looks great but that price doesn't. Also, I'll bet $ that Kojun already has the Christopher Reeve's Superman license and said that just to tease us. Maybe he'll be next in JND's "Platinum" line up? FMLšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø, Tough decision to make before PO goes live tonight.

I feel they will tweak it some but idk much ab JND and how the finals usually turn out compared to the proto photos

Really sucks with how expensive this has turned out to be. I would love to own it, but itā€™s really hard to justify the price. I have no problem with the piece and actually really like the main headsculpt. Might just have to stay in my lane and stick with the InArt BvS figure when they eventually get to him šŸ˜…

Really sucks with how expensive this has turned out to be. I would love to own it, but itā€™s really hard to justify the price. I have no problem with the piece and actually really like the main headsculpt. Might just have to stay in my lane and stick with the InArt BvS figure when they eventually get to him šŸ˜…
Same, I was complaining all day and my boss gave me 1K in prior just to preorder and shut up,she was sick of me lol but I'm still not sure :D main reason what turns me off is that I have to pay 4K for the product which might fall apart after few years. If it was polistone I wouldn't think twice. My belly hurts bc of this.

I just wish Queen Studios dropped blue version,it would be easier to make decisions. Personally I prefer fully sculpted head. I saw articles about silicone and seems it lasts like 30 years, what happens after 30 years? I'm not dying yet. Article also mentioned it is a new material on the market so nobody knows how it ages. Don't want to pay such a money for something what gonna fall apart after years. I might sound hilarious but when I buy these collectables I want them to last forever. Like when I'm gone, want my son to look at them and remember me. I went too deep,I'm single af lol
Why not buy Queen's Black one and pay for a repaint? People expect Queen's to be $1500 with the additional head sculpt. Big difference in price to justify paying for a repaint. Just an idea.

I'm sticking with JND as I have multiple JND pieces already and want to display together.

Why not buy Queen's Black one and pay for a repaint? People expect Queen's to be $1500 with the additional head sculpt. Big difference in price to justify paying for a repaint. Just an idea.

I'm sticking with JND as I have multiple JND pieces already and want to display together.
Not a fan of repaints,when I pay 2k for a piece it needs to be as I want it to be,if I wanted that I'd do myself, painter there lol I prefer JND pose but not the sculpt. I think Queen's likeness is better. Who knows they might end up with blue one as well, seems preorder of black one is delayed, won't be surprised if they offer us a colour variant with it.They also said they are working on rooted version as well.

This is the first I've heard of Queen saying they were doing a rooted version. šŸ¤” I'd be in for that one over this one bt waiting on them to announce anything for certain you would miss out on this one

At the price of a good painter for something as large as 1/3 scale, youā€™ll more than likely be close to the price of the JND at the end of the day.

Last edited:
This is the first I've heard of Queen saying they were doing a rooted version. šŸ¤” I'd be in for that one over this one bt waiting on them to announce anything for certain you would miss out on this one
I remember live steam interview when these statues and 1/6 figures were presented (when we were waiting Aragorn) and Queen Studios guy said they are working on a rooted variant as well which wasn't ready for the presentation back then. 100% remember that.
Nk4nqHm.jpg

Last edited:
I feel they will tweak it some but idk much ab JND and how the finals usually turn out compared to the proto photos

The final Christian Bale Bruce Wayne portrait still looked ā€œoldā€ so Iā€™m not sure how much JND tweaked it, despite the feedback.

Something looks off with this Cavil sculpt, disappointed thus far.

Iā€™ve bought or POā€™d 5 prior JND statues (WW84, Harley, Catwoman, Mera, WW JL) but passing on this Superman.

Iā€™m more excited that JND wants to do a Christopher Reeve Superman.

I believe one of the artists who worked on the Cavil statue mentioned that in the final JND Superman promo video.

Back