JND Studios - Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a very BVS face, where he looks mad / concerned as Superman. Queen's is very Justice League, pure confidence.
Yea based on teaser I thought he had more neutral peaceful face. Queen studios sculpt and eyes look better imo,at least basd on these images.
More images were shared but then deleted, wasn't able to see.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221228-130452_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221228-130452_Facebook.jpg
    663.1 KB · Views: 0
I'd be very happy with that, ironically if they put dentures in it'd look more like the failed mustache cgi from JL :D

I think the likeness on this is fine, just the choice of expression is better on QS than this guy.

There is definitely a bit of stylization going on here with the whole sculpt though, especially with how pronounced the muscles are. It bothers me but then it also doesn’t 😅 I think the body sculpt on QS is more accurate b/c it looks more like a sculpted version of the fabric suit on top of the muscle suit, whereas this JND looks more like if the muscle suit and outer fabric “chainmail” suit were all one piece. But, for some reason I also like it that way as the overall piece as a whole still works. I definitely love the pose more than the QS. Can’t go wrong with either and if QS makes a blue version of theirs as well, I could be tempted to get both.

Last edited:
At 2.5k+ price point this is trash.

The body looks like it's fully sculpted too and not material over reflective silver. Completely inaccurate looking. Prime 1 are the only ones that have done it right, especially their half scale.

Last edited:
Too bad about the suit’s armpits.
Indeed. While I too would’ve preferred a full mixed media piece with a fabric costume and chrome body, the P1 1/3 didn’t do it well, so I wouldn’t use that as a good measuring stick for being done “right” by any means. The blue was too light, and the fabric was too opaque to really capture the movie look. The way P1 1/3 was done was more like the suit on the KO 1/6 Superman from By-Art where you could kind of see the chrome shining underneath but the suit was too thick for the effect to shine through. The headsculpts were good but a little soft in the details and production paint wasn’t great. P1 nearly knocked it out of the park with their 1/2 scale thought the wrist detailing was gold instead of blue, the headsculpt also looked a little soft in production and the final paint left a lot to be desired.

Last edited:
I think I'm the only one who likes the sculpted costume. After all this is a statue. Sculpted costume guarantees u : no wonky stitching,no fabric fading or staining,symmetrical chest logo and costume details and placement,less defects and ages well.
Prime 1 ones are good,I liked 1/4 one more or was it 1/3 I don't remember, but armpits situation was hilarious on the final product.I mean come on,it is unforgivable.

However if price of this gonna be higher than usual I'll step back. I like it but not crazy about it after I saw his face. I have a feel Queen Studios gonna drop blue one as well. I like Queen sculpt better.

WW84 was $1899, if this isn't a similar price then there's absolutely no reason for it to not be. Annoyingly the body is just sculpted and painted, this is what enables them to do both colours I guess, and so should maximise the profit they make, but then just hands and portrait this definitely, without the added sculpt, should not be more that that.

WW84 was $1899, if this isn't a similar price then there's absolutely no reason for it to not be. Annoyingly the body is just sculpted and painted, this is what enables them to do both colours I guess, and so should maximise the profit they make, but then just hands and portrait this definitely, without the added sculpt, should not be more that that.
Fingers crossed you’re right and this doesn’t go the way of the JL WW piece at $4k

Also, probably should change the thread title if you can to “Justice League” instead of “Man of Steel” :wink1:

AMEN. Hope he's in a similar price range, his suit is sculpted,doesn't come with extra accessories or metal armour, there is no reason him to be more than $2K also they said heat vision sculpt is optional. Personally I don't plan to get heat vision sculpt. I truly wanted a peaceful Superman statue,with a hopeful face and slight smile on his face, when I saw the pose and open fists I thought this was the one,but they still made him upset lol If I get this, gonna stay in the display case untouched, so not going to toss more coin into extra head I'll never use.

btw full vid is releasing in a few hours. So probably we gonna know the price as well.

Ugh I'm not feeling this one at all. Likeness is only barely there and the body looks like an early CG render with how weird and sharply defined the muscles are.

Kinda glad now it's from JL and not my beloved MOS.

well depending on full reveal and price im leaning towards black statue and red n blue bust only bc i already have the P1 red n blue 1/3 :D

Absolutely nothing.

He mistakenly referred to the 1/3 scale, rather than the 1/2 scale that was originally mentioned.
Both P1 pieces were mentioned as being “done right” but with emphasis on the half scale.

Most are comparing to the 1/3 P1 though as that is more of a direct comparison due to the same scale.

Back