JND Studios - Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I agree. I showed her all the current statue offerings from Sideshow’s MoS PF that I used to own, both Prime1 pieces and the black QS one. After looking at all of them and even me saying maybe I shouldn’t buy it, she she still told me “nope, you need to get the new one. It’s a forever kind of piece.”

And I went for the blue bust to match with the blue statue, instead of the black. My OCD wouldn’t like it being a different color than statue.

Thankful that my boss gave me a raise two days ago 🤣
Nice, sounds like great timing lol

I'd have to ask permission from my better half if I ever got a JND 😆

I think I'd like the blue statue with black angry bust, am passing on this one too though!

After eating brains for 2 days I ordered blue version from Specficiton without thinking twice.It isn't perfect but it is what it is. I saw BBTS listed him too for 3k while Specficiton price is 150$ less and free shipping. JND told me to get from Specfiction so I think I made a right decision (ordering first time from them) Better get, than miss and cry.

Wow @ Specfiction prices 😳
Personally I was expecting higher price, on other pieces there is more coin tossed. With Korean shipping it would cost same if not more.

Last edited:
After eating brains for 2 days I ordered blue version from Specficiton without thinking twice.It isn't perfect but it is what it is. I saw BBTS listed him too for 3k while Specficiton price is 50$ less and free shipping. JND told me to get from Specfiction so I think I made a right decision (ordering first time from them) Better get, than miss and cry.

Personally I was expecting higher price, on other pieces there is more coin tossed. With Korean shipping it would be cost same if not more.

Welcome to the slippery slope.

I never collected statues, and now I'm out of the 1/6th game and pretty much just getting these statues. I think it's a given now that JND do take creative liberties, but their mixed media and absolute realism with the perfect scale of a character makes these the best for me to collect.

Excited to hear other people getting their first statues with upcoming The Batman, WW and now Superman, I'm sure you're going to be blown away.

Yeah the suit doesn’t look good.
I agree with you here. I think JND oversold themselves. While their Superman is great, the fact they chose non-fabric suit is a big let down. Prime 1 used actual fabric and chrome body underneath. That is as accurate as you can get. And not only it's accurate, it's gorgeous to see. So when you're trying to be the best but then you chose non-fabric suit, it's just showing you're not really all out to produce the best work. The JND full resin body simply doesn't produce the same effect as the actual fabric suit. On suit accuracy, Prime 1 is the winner here.

I agree with you here. I think JND oversold themselves. While their Superman is great, the fact they chose non-fabric suit is a big let down. Prime 1 used actual fabric and chrome body underneath. That is as accurate as you can get. And not only it's accurate, it's gorgeous to see. So when you're trying to be the best but then you chose non-fabric suit, it's just showing you're not really all out to produce the best work. The JND full resin body simply doesn't produce the same effect as the actual fabric suit. On suit accuracy, Prime 1 is the winner here.
That may be but the head sculpt was very soft and lacking

Welcome to the slippery slope.

I never collected statues, and now I'm out of the 1/6th game and pretty much just getting these statues. I think it's a given now that JND do take creative liberties, but their mixed media and absolute realism with the perfect scale of a character makes these the best for me to collect.

Excited to hear other people getting their first statues with upcoming The Batman, WW and now Superman, I'm sure you're going to be blown away.
Thank you very much! I have a feel I just moved to the next level! haha!
In general I collect 1/6 and have only few statues here and there,but smaller ones. Huge Cavill fan since early 2000s and Superman fan since childhood,I will never forget the day when I saw MAN OF STEEL in cinema, it was turning point in my life,so this piece has extra sentimental value for me. This is the ultimate Cavill piece, which I had to have, no matter what,especially after his retirement I don't think I'll get another shot anytime soon. I was going back and forth for 2 days,only because of the price,but in this case money means nothing. Money comes and goes, HOPE stays.

Want to thank Todd from Specfiction, who was very friendly and informative.
Shame on BBTS who didn't tell me anything, when I called them and asked about this piece few days ago.

Thank you very much! I have a feel I just moved to the next level! haha!
In general I collect 1/6 and have only few statues here and there,but smaller ones. Huge Cavill fan since early 2000s and Superman fan since childhood,I will never forget the day when I saw MAN OF STEEL in cinema, it was turning point in my life,so this piece has extra sentimental value for me. This is the ultimate Cavill piece, which I had to have, no matter what,especially after his retirement I don't think I'll get another shot anytime soon. I was going back and forth for 2 days,only because of the price,but in this case money means nothing. Money comes and goes, HOPE stays.

Want to thank Todd from Specfiction, who was very friendly and informative.
Shame on BBTS who didn't tell me anything, when I called them and asked about this piece few days ago.

You'll enjoy it for sure.

It does annoy me they went with a statue body, I think they could have pulled off the fabric suit, they're amazing at 1/3 clothing. But it does seem like from their history they do use sculpture instead of fabric for tight-fitting clothing. A part of me wonders if the price is so high as-is if they chose not to do it to reduce cost also. But I'm sure the ability to do black and red and blue was a factor, you need to produce a certain amount for fabric whereas with sculpted you can just paint it.

It is frustrating, I'm sure they're making tonnes of profit, I don't understand why they wouldn't help reduce the pricing, presicely also because they didn't go that extra step with the tailoring.

I hope they're not becoming complacent in what they charge and what they offer. I don't think they are, because if what they do release comes true there's be quite a few real fabric pieces and it will be absurd if they're priced cheaper than this Superman bare bones. There's absolutely not way he should be that price.

Even still, can't wait to get him.

You'll enjoy it for sure.

It does annoy me they went with a statue body, I think they could have pulled off the fabric suit, they're amazing at 1/3 clothing. But it does seem like from their history they do use sculpture instead of fabric for tight-fitting clothing. A part of me wonders if the price is so high as-is if they chose not to do it to reduce cost also. But I'm sure the ability to do black and red and blue was a factor, you need to produce a certain amount for fabric whereas with sculpted you can just paint it.

It is frustrating, I'm sure they're making tonnes of profit, I don't understand why they wouldn't help reduce the pricing, presicely also because they didn't go that extra step with the tailoring.

I hope they're not becoming complacent in what they charge and what they offer. I don't think they are, because if what they do release comes true there's be quite a few real fabric pieces and it will be absurd if they're priced cheaper than this Superman bare bones. There's absolutely not way he should be that price.

Even still, can't wait to get him.
Why wouldn't they be complacent with pricing when they've proven they can charge what they want? JND will never try to be affordable, that's not their aim

Why wouldn't they be complacent with pricing when they've proven they can charge what they want? JND will never try to be affordable, that's not their aim

They have actually. If you go back to watch an early video of theirs they address the price concerns that came up, it was with WW84 I think, and so they made a slightly higher edition size to reduce the pricing, WW84, Harley Quinn, Joker were around 1900-2000. Arthur Fleck when he was out was about 2300, so they did address it. It wasn't really until around The Batman and Batman that the prices went back to Arthur Fleck prices, but they also included extra portraits. It's only now since One Punch, WW Premium that things are getting higher in cost. There was a time where they were conscious of it and giving more for a lower prices or slightly heightened.

Now this Superman is a piss take. To cost more, for the bare bones single edition, with the only additional material being a fabric cape, to cost more than Arthur Fleck who had an entire 1/3 tailored outfit and real metal gun with bullets and props is absurd. They briefly mentioned in the video the global economy and costs etc. and yes, that is true, but how can a figure that's similar in nature to WW84 have a 700 price difference? I'm pretty certain their edition size is similar too.

They've always been on the more expensive side, but actually for the most part their catalogue has been 2000 on average with more complex statues within that.

But this Superman has proven it'll sell regardless. Their work speaks for itself when in hand. There's seemingly a lot of negativity from people who don't own one but people wouldn't continue to buy the statues with their prices rising if they weren't worth it. But it's getting to the point now where these will pretty much exclusively be for rich folk. Hopefully the global recession averages out.

I still think the new WW is less premium than Harley Quinn. So yes, perhaps now they're starting to not care. But I sincerely hope they don't lose the quality of themselves they started off with and let their success get to their heads. Maybe it is just the economy, their history has also proven that they do tend to mix between sculpt and tailoring, that's not to say their sculpts aren't amazing. All you have to do is compare Batman to Queen Studios version and you can see a lot more work, effort and quality goes into a JND sculpt. I've no doubt their paint apps and the intricate suit detailing will still look phenomenal, but is it that great enough to cost more than previous statues that were fully tailored? No.

Another thing to consider is their introduction to the 1/6 market with silicone portraits and hands that, if in line with what Kojun has already done, are able to seamlessly move, perhaps they're trying to get enough money to launch those at a price point similar perhaps to Inart's offerings. It's possible, I've no doubt in Jan/Feb a 1/6 will be announced like this.

The 'problem' is people keep saying it's overpriced, but continue to buy. They can literally charge what they want, and will continue to do so. You said it yourself that superman is ridiculously priced, but you still buy it

I’m not seeing why this Superman should be one of their most expensive pieces. Their decisions on the body probably make this one of the cheapest ones to produce because it’s all just cast resin.

To me the end result is weird because you have a hyper realistic head on what looks like a comic inspired body. It’s like the portrait and the rest of the statue are at odds with each other.

was anyone able order from Specfiction and get flex pay option to work for the bust too ??? Seems like u can only get statue then have to pay for bust separate ro in full. Might have missed something here

was anyone able order from Specfiction and get flex pay option to work for the bust too ??? Seems like u can only get statue then have to pay for bust separate ro in full. Might have missed something here
There are options for flex or just the deposit, the deposit is 200 so it should work

Back