JND Studios: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - 1:3 Harrison Ford and Sean Connery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have a photo of a 1/3 statue next to a 1/6 figure? Having trouble finding a comparison to see just how massive these really are.

Anyone have a photo of a 1/3 statue next to a 1/6 figure? Having trouble finding a comparison to see just how massive these really are.
I don’t have a pic, but given that Christian Bale is roughly the same height as Ford and the TDK Batman statue is approximately 27.5inches in height including the base, I’d expect Indy to be around that same height. So a little over double the height or a standard 12” 1/6 figure or about as tall as 2 Darth Vader figures

Last edited:
Spec and BBTs have charged about $500 more for Pattison The Batman and Chris Reeve Superman, so probably somewhere around that for Indy as well.

Isn’t the price ultimately about the same between purchasing direct from JND and SpecFic?

JND is initially cheaper but that is before you factor in shipping and VAT that Fed Ex collects upon arrival. SpecFic usually has those baked into their price with “free” shipping.

When I bought Catwoman direct from JND, it was an extra $480 ($280 shipping + $200? VAT).

Isn’t the price ultimately about the same between purchasing direct from JND and SpecFic?

JND is initially cheaper but that is before you factor in shipping and VAT that Fed Ex collects upon arrival. SpecFic usually has those baked into their price with “free” shipping.

When I bought Catwoman direct from JND, it was an extra $480 ($280 shipping + $200? VAT).
You’re probably right. However, if I remember correctly the original question was regarding the potential MSRP price increase from other retailers that may carry this for ordering given those of us outside of South Korea and HK won’t be able to order this direct from JND. So that’s where the estimation came from.

Typically, US residents don’t have to deal with VAT so that’s something I never factor in for myself, just the shipping cost. Though I’ve heard there may be a threshold to that so maybe the price of JND statues busts that? The main benefit I see about ordering direct from JND though is being able to get direct customer support in the event you get a defective item rather than having to go through a middle man.

Last edited:
Henry looks fantastic. Indy looks good, but not perfect. At this point, though, I’ll just stick with my PFs. I don’t know if JND also has a 1/6 license, but wouldn’t be surprised to see HT unveil an Artisan Indiana along with a regular Henry. Would be great to see a third party release a 1/6 Mola Ram.

The Indy sculpt only looks like Ford from a couple of angles - but even then, not great. Coupled with an odd expression, I think I'm going to pass.

Connery looks good in the face, but the stance is weird.

Going back to the Pattinson Batman I've PO'd - the unmasked sculpt looks average, but I PO'd it anyway as I will never display it without the mask. At the prices JND ask, if the face isn't near enough to perfect (or hidden behind a mask), I personly can't justify the outlay.

Bummer... was hoping it would work better than the leaked photos :(

115IbDD.jpg

5SJMtRv.jpg

88dNNV9.jpg

2wLbZs1.jpg

86n1adJ.jpg

w4GcETb.jpg

dYhQFvB.jpg

ctY3zO9.jpg

rk3UckT.jpg

McRoNkk.jpg

cI0OpOA.jpg

5XM4se5.jpg

WMDJdn9.jpg

FVHjkbI.jpg

uUxBhhS.jpg

IEdAOAE.jpg

MlZ0FIz.jpg

Xv1hjL1.jpg

AXh7BOx.jpg

Kk0AOZS.jpg

After all the build-up and anticipation. It's a pass from me too. I really don't like the expression and the proportions look a bit off to me. Indy's head looks too small for the body and the legs look too long. Don't like the boxy appearance the jacket shoulders are creating either. They should have sculpted the whip or found someone like Joe Strain who can make a convincing scaled down version of the full size whip. The execution of the hair, painting, clothing, weathering sure is at the top of its game, but the over-sized, horrible shaped hat and other issues mentioned above is enough for me to feel comfortable with my decision to pass on this.

The more I look at the headsculpt, the more it looks like the 1/6 MJ Choi that many ppl who've customized a 1/6 Indy seem to like. I think the likeness comes out better when you're looking straight on to the face rather than the 3/4 view the statue is posed at.

The way the left hand is sitting at his side seems a little unnatural to me though.

Tailoring and weathering look great to me.

Last edited:
Despite agreeing with many of the criticisms, I am still interested in this…I think. Hoping the price on Spec scares me right off whenever it goes up. Never ordered anything at this price point before, and Indiana Jones is one of the few that would ever get me to do it. As much as I love Connery and the father/son dynamic in Last Crusade, I don’t think I’ll be able to swing it if they are only selling this as a combo.

Indiana Jones is such an important character to me, the thought of having a towering statue with that instantly recognizable wardrobe done in an premium way is hard to pass up even if the likeness and pose aren’t 100% where I’d want them to be. Too many grail pieces popping up recently that are not the home runs they could and should be! Frustrating.

But then when I think of the price again and see that 1/6 customs are going for $1000+, and statues like the one below are being sold for $300 :ROFLMAO:…I just don’t know.

743E8E7D-5BFC-4871-87A4-CEFE67059146.jpeg

But then when I think of the price again and see that 1/6 customs are going for $1000+, and statues like the one below are being sold for $300 :ROFLMAO:…I just don’t know.
I think that's what has gotten me more into these JND pieces that I actually like. I've already spent $1k+ on my 1/6 Indy plus the time to do my own custom work on some bits. It's getting harder for me to justify the prices on 1/6 customs especially when a new clothing set or headsculpt seem to be regularly available therefore more money spent on constant upgrading. The only real problem with these large scale pieces tends be the space they eat up. If you're in the custom world, I feel you (the general "you') probably do or at least could have the money to spend on this if you really wanted it.

Last edited:
Something about Indy looks like Ford mixed slightly with another actor. I can’t quite put my finger on who though. Maybe Nic Cage. Like Chris Reeve, I think Ford is notoriously difficult to nail. It’s still an amazing piece.

Edit: I don’t think it’s Cage. It’s somebody else that pops into my head when I look at a couple of the pics but I can’t put a name with it yet. From some of the lower angles the Ford resemblance is better.

Back