JND Studios: Aquaman - Mera (Amber Heard) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The email from Toys Wonderland (on Monday) stated preorders would start 4:30 AM PST but was not specific on a date and there was no link to a product page to reserve.

Would it be cheaper to buy from Toys Wonderland or direct from JND?

I've never ordered from TW, it seems their prices are relatively low if it's not 1st batch (w/ additional preorder discounts) but I heard they gouge on shipping.

I bought the Catowman direct from JND - no state sales tax but shipping was around $250 and other collectors warned to be prepared to be hit for another $200 VAT bill (from Fed Ex).

No idea as it all depends on where you are and your countries tax. I know that for me, shipping directly from JND is about the same or cheaper than ordering from a UK retailer and I get it quicker - also get rewards points from JND giving more discount on future products.

Unless TW knows their allotments and can pre-sell their allotments I don't know how they can sell already. JND haven't even announced a pre-order date yet.

But you can gauge which avenue is better, JND lists the price of shipping to each country so add that to overall price and then find your countries tax on imported items and see if it's cheaper than TW with their shipping plus tax.

The face looks really good! I noticed the mouth is slightly open, I wonder if they added some teeth like with Harley. I wish they'd just reveal the whole thing already lol

If I had to nitpick anything, the hair doesn't look very real, but that might be because of too much hair gel. I thought Catwoman's hair turned out great, so it probably won't be a problem.

Last edited:
Yeah the hair doesn't seem as great as WW let's say. But then again it looks pretty close to how it is in the film, and I thought in the film it looked pretty bad.

Would never want a representation of Heard as Mera, but I do question why they chose Aquaman Mera over ZSJL Mera, the costume is a lot better.

I was surprised they didn't just dye her hair in the movie, maybe getting that super bright red would take too many chemicals :lol

The ZSJL costume would've been a very cool and intricate statue no doubt, I would've bought either, I do prefer this one as I like the bright colors lol (although for Aquaman himself I'd prefer casual clothing to have that and his submarine look, but no chance of that lol)

Last edited:
They didn't dye her hair in the movie?
I always thought it was a wig, but now that I think about it I never confirmed, time to do some research lol

EDIT: Apparently she used many wigs which I didn't know lol, while looking just now I also saw BTS photos with her hair pulled back tight and it's red and thought maybe that was real hair, but now I realized there's a wig for that too in the below pic lol

Last edited:
Will anyone post any high-res pics from the latest trailer here? Or maybe that's not necessary until the final reveal lol

IhC6zD2.jpg

Posted by cocomonk22 on the other forum.

Yesterday's tease was only the back and left side, so ya' get what ya' get.

I agree but the hair looks cheap to me, especially the ends at the back. Her hair just doesn't look like that so the disparity with the hyper realistic face is jarring to me

Perhaps the lighting is making it appear worse than it really is?

Based on what we've seen thus far, I agree that it does look somewhat cheap but will reserve final judgement on the final reveal.

Dear JND collectors,

We have some bad news. We'd like to apologize to our collectors in the United States. We tried hard but could not get the license to ship our next product, 1:3 Mera to the U.S. We feel terrible about this, and we will do our absolute utmost to get the U.S. for the next one. For those in Canada and Mexico, we are still able to ship to you.

Thank you for your understanding and your continued support.

Sincerely,

JND Studios

Wow, for once Canadians actually get it a bit better than all of you down south. ;)

That seems a bit bizarre, why is this specific statue unable to be distributed within the USA in particular?

What a disappointment, only because now it's gonna be a race to the checkout before it sells out at the few places that'll carry it. :( And like with Harley I guess we'll never know why this happens lol

Last edited:
the portrait shots look like a life size wax work, this is the most realistic JND character so far to me

the portrait shots look like a life size wax work, this is the most realistic JND character so far to me

I wish the expression was slightly more expressive but I can't deny how beautiful the complete statue looks.

99% sure I will be buy this but must sleep on it first before deciding in the morning.

I agree but the hair looks cheap to me, especially the ends at the back. Her hair just doesn't look like that so the disparity with the hyper realistic face is jarring to me
To be fair, her hair looks like a cheap wig in the movie too. It’s technically accurate in that sense.

Back