JND Studios: Aquaman - Mera (Amber Heard) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
JND Studios Co. said:
JND STUDIOS working hard in another studio today.

YaWFAwv.jpg

UUP2GZ2.jpg

0RWcXQg.png

9uCNjfB.jpg

Regardless of how I feel about her personally, there's no doubt that she's a great Mera and I bet this statue will be incredible! I just wouldn't want to own it.

You know amber heard?! :D
:lol no, not at all. Just the drama between her and Johnny Depp. Not to derail the thread too much, I just feel he was treated unfairly in respect to their situation. I think both were at fault in their own ways and as a pretty large fan of his (I own most of his movies and prior to losing my previous job in 2019, a large 1/6 custom figure collection of his), I hate that WB asked him to stand down as Grindelwald but Heard wasn't for Mera. There's also a bunch of BTS info on her that have me not really liking her as a person, but again, she makes a fantastic Mera. And with JND doing a really fantastic job on their female characters lately, I have no doubt that this will be a stunning piece for anyone's collection and I look forward to the reveal.

Genuine question, are there many people here that actually want this? Not gonna lie, I was disappointed (and surprised) when they announced this as their next piece. Surely there's better, more popular characters they could have done?

:lol no, not at all. Just the drama between her and Johnny Depp. Not to derail the thread too much, I just feel he was treated unfairly in respect to their situation. I think both were at fault in their own ways and as a pretty large fan of his (I own most of his movies and prior to losing my previous job in 2019, a large 1/6 custom figure collection of his), I hate that WB asked him to stand down as Grindelwald but Heard wasn't for Mera. There's also a bunch of BTS info on her that have me not really liking her as a person, but again, she makes a fantastic Mera. And with JND doing a really fantastic job on their female characters lately, I have no doubt that this will be a stunning piece for anyone's collection and I look forward to the reveal.
I don't think we know what happened, it's all heresay and rumours. I used to dislike heard as I could well believe the allegations against her, but after Depp lost I realised there's no point in presuming any more. James wan and many people stood by her, and I know people supported Depp at first, but that seemed to change over time
Genuine question, are there many people here that actually want this? Not gonna lie, I was disappointed (and surprised) when they announced this as their next piece. Surely there's better, more popular characters they could have done?
I definitely want this, it will be like infinity's bust but full body, I loved aquaman and mera is smoking hot, this will have a massive impact visually

I definitely want this, it will be like infinity's bust but full body, I loved aquaman and mera is smoking hot, this will have a massive impact visually
Fair enough, I guess there are some fans of Aquaman lol. I didn't think this was a popular character (or a popular movie for that matter).

But then again, I don't really collect female statues so I guess I'm a little biased.

Either way I'm keen to see it as I admire JND's work, just not something I'll be buying.

There are definitely a number of characters I would have preferred to see above this. Still, the movie was quite visually impressive and I'm sure this will make for a great display piece. I'm most likely in on it. I've also grown more fond of the movie on subsequent viewings. Still not A tier but not bottom of the barrel either.

I'm more lukewarm about Jason Mamoa's surfer dude, hobo Aquaman.

Fair enough, I guess there are some fans of Aquaman lol. I didn't think this was a popular character (or a popular movie for that matter).

But then again, I don't really collect female statues so I guess I'm a little biased.

Either way I'm keen to see it as I admire JND's work, just not something I'll be buying.
Aquaman grossed more than 1 billion worldwide - more than any of nolan's batman films so I'd say there are some fans haha

Also not collecting female statues seems a strange limitation to me
There are definitely a number of characters I would have preferred to see above this. Still, the movie was quite visually impressive and I'm sure this will make for a great display piece. I'm most likely in on it. I've also grown more fond of the movie on subsequent viewings. Still not A tier but not bottom of the barrel either.

I'm more lukewarm about Jason Mamoa's surfer dude, hobo Aquaman.
I'm a big fan of him in the comics too and momoa wouldn't have been my first choice but he did well IMO

The film would have been perfect for me if it weren't for that awful toto cover haflway through haha

Aquaman grossed more than 1 billion worldwide - more than any of nolan's batman films so I'd say there are some fans haha

Also not collecting female statues seems a strange limitation to me
Oh wow, actually had no idea lol. Go figure. Although I generally don't consider box office numbers an indication of a good film as it just means people went to watch it, but may not necessarily have enjoyed it (WW 1984 for example).

I'm not a comic guy, although I do watch the films, I skipped Aquaman in cinemas and went for the disc on recommendation from a friend and whilst I thought it was visually impressive, the movie itself didn't do much for me. Don't see it get mentioned much so I didn't think people were so keen on statues from this film. I thought there would have been other popular choices before this, but I guess if JND are focusing on the DC licence it makes sense.

As for the not collecting female statues, I should probably clarify. Keep in mind this is just my opinion and not a knock on anyone or their preferences, so it's not meant to offend anyone. I would buy certain female statues, such as Ripley from Aliens for example, but I find 'sexy' female statues a bit weird to collect.

I'm planning to order this as well. I'm hoping JND produces the Snyder Cut Justice League in 1/3 scale —Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash, as well as a new JL Wonder Woman.
After which maybe can get the MCU and Star Wars licenses (or just Star Wars if Queen Studios started focusing on 1:3 Marvel).

I've been thinking of selling off all of my 1:4 movie statues/PF and divying up the collection as:
  • 1:3 movie statues
  • 1:4 comic statues
  • 1:6 figures
  • 1:10 dioramas
The main issue is there are only a couple of companies producing high-end 1:3. I know Prime 1 produced a 1:3 Justice League, but I'd be interested in JND and Queen Studios level even though they're twice as much.

Oh wow, actually had no idea lol. Go figure. Although I generally don't consider box office numbers an indication of a good film as it just means people went to watch it, but may not necessarily have enjoyed it (WW 1984 for example).

I'm not a comic guy, although I do watch the films, I skipped Aquaman in cinemas and went for the disc on recommendation from a friend and whilst I thought it was visually impressive, the movie itself didn't do much for me. Don't see it get mentioned much so I didn't think people were so keen on statues from this film. I thought there would have been other popular choices before this, but I guess if JND are focusing on the DC licence it makes sense.

As for the not collecting female statues, I should probably clarify. Keep in mind this is just my opinion and not a knock on anyone or their preferences, so it's not meant to offend anyone. I would buy certain female statues, such as Ripley from Aliens for example, but I find 'sexy' female statues a bit weird to collect.
Fair enough, we all have criteria for buying things lol

Box office generally reflects popularity as ww84 made about 160 million in comparison lol
I'm planning to order this as well. I'm hoping JND produces the Snyder Cut Justice League in 1/3 scale —Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash, as well as a new JL Wonder Woman.
After which maybe can get the MCU and Star Wars licenses (or just Star Wars if Queen Studios started focusing on 1:3 Marvel).

I've been thinking of selling off all of my 1:4 movie statues/PF and divying up the collection as:
  • 1:3 movie statues
  • 1:4 comic statues
  • 1:6 figures
  • 1:10 dioramas
The main issue is there are only a couple of companies producing high-end 1:3. I know Prime 1 produced a 1:3 Justice League, but I'd be interested in JND and Queen Studios level even though they're twice as much.
That sounds like a very classy, yet eye wateringly expensive proposition lol

I don't think we know what happened, it's all heresay and rumours. I used to dislike heard as I could well believe the allegations against her, but after Depp lost I realised there's no point in presuming any more. James wan and many people stood by her, and I know people supported Depp at first, but that seemed to change over time

For sure, none one but the two involved know exactly what went on and we all choose what to believe .

But yea, like I said, she's a fantastic Mera and visually a very beautiful woman. Though I did like her look in Justice League with the crown and armor over the onsie :lol
... thought there would have been other popular choices before this, but I guess if JND are focusing on the DC licence it makes sense.

I'm glad SOMEONE is focusing on the DC license. Everyone else keeps it on the backburner it seems.

RE: collecting "sexy" female statues - I guess there's different levels. None of my friends or girlfriends ever thought my female statues were weird. The only one ever got flack for was Sideshow Power Girl for obvious reasons :lol My current girlfriend who used to manage the comicshop I used to got to was just glad I don't collect those "revealing" anime/hentei statues that a lot her male customers would order :lol

Fair enough, we all have criteria for buying things lol

Box office generally reflects popularity as ww84 made about 160 million in comparison lol
haha yeah, it's just a personal thing. I must have looked at the wrong numbers for Wonder Woman, as the numbers I saw showed 700+ million lol, but yeah there have definitely been movies that have done well at the box office due to hype but ended up being poor. Either way I stand corrected on this, didn't realise it was a popular film that people wanted collectibles from.

I'm glad SOMEONE is focusing on the DC license. Everyone else keeps it on the backburner it seems.

RE: collecting "sexy" female statues - I guess there's different levels. None of my friends or girlfriends ever thought my female statues were weird. The only one ever got flack for was Sideshow Power Girl for obvious reasons :lol My current girlfriend who used to manage the comicshop I used to got to was just glad I don't collect those "revealing" anime/hentei statues that a lot her male customers would order :lol
I'm guessing you mean from a movie point of view when you say you're glad someone is focusing on the DC licence? Because Prime 1 has made a bunch, as well as QS and now JND, and Sideshow to an extent. I don't feel like it's on the backburner, but definitely doesn't get as much love as Marvel.

yeah, there's definitely different levels of 'sexy' female statues that's for sure. Those revealing anime/hentai ones are weird AF and I don't understand why anyone would buy those unless you're a complete pervert lol.

But yeah, for me personally, I don't really care what others think of what I collect, my ex used to hate my Predator and Alien stuff coz she thought they were 'ugly' lol, I just don't personally care for any sexy female statues as it's just weird to me, unless I'm genuinely interested in the character, but I usually prefer they don't have 'sexy' poses if that makes sense (like QS's Catwoman on Batpod for example, lol).

Anyway, I feel like I'm going off-topic now, but I was genuinely curious if there was genuine interest in this statue as I did feel somewhat surprised that this was their next release, but I guess there is a market for it. I'm personally hoping for a Bane from either JND or QS (preferably QS).

My gf also had something to say about power girl, and the green with envy poison ivy, but only in the sense of, I thought you were a leg man but look at the size of their boobs lol

I don't own any hentai or anime pieces but I think there's a wide difference in the level of sexiness/perversion level lol as a lot of anime have sexy characters but hentai is a step beyond that, I would prob buy a ghost in the shell statue though, and was considering 2b from nier automata but am guessing that's too sexy for some!

I also have to have a connection to a piece to spend money on it, it annoys me when people have the cash to drop big money on statues they have no idea where it is from, like BSC or Mr X, but at least they admit they have no idea about the subject matter sometimes. I'm just jealous of their income haha

Which brings me back to this piece, part of me is hoping I hate the finished product as it will be expensive! Although I collect DC, most of it is comic based and I don't have any 1/3 pieces. I fear I won't be able to resist though!

My gf also had something to say about power girl, and the green with envy poison ivy, but only in the sense of, I thought you were a leg man but look at the size of their boobs lol

I don't own any hentai or anime pieces but I think there's a wide difference in the level of sexiness/perversion level lol as a lot of anime have sexy characters but hentai is a step beyond that, I would prob buy a ghost in the shell statue though, and was considering 2b from nier automata but am guessing that's too sexy for some!

I also have to have a connection to a piece to spend money on it, it annoys me when people have the cash to drop big money on statues they have no idea where it is from, like BSC or Mr X, but at least they admit they have no idea about the subject matter sometimes. I'm just jealous of their income haha

Which brings me back to this piece, part of me is hoping I hate the finished product as it will be expensive! Although I collect DC, most of it is comic based and I don't have any 1/3 pieces. I fear I won't be able to resist though!

BSC’s collection is fairly conservative in size, and he wasn’t really changing up his collection until the past year or so, as for the longest time he rarely ever did unboxing videos himself on new statues. So I don’t think there‘s any reason to be jealous there….. whereas with regards to Mr X that’s a totally different story.

Back