JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for clarifying @Gipetto0812 (y)

Sorry if I misunderstood your point.

You are absolutely correct that an issued patent should protect his work, at least from the bigger players with deep pockets. As you pointed out, not so much with the bootleggers.
All good :duff I figured there was some miscommunication going on. Not always easy to get my thoughts out accurately when it comes to forum posts
My theory is that Kojun put all this together, albeit with a decent amount of work, JND realized it wasn't patentable, but then filed a provisional patent just to get 12 months of being able to say "patent pending", all in the name of PR. After all, once the orders are placed, and product shipped, no one is really going to care if he got the patent. They were the first to market with it, so the technology will always be synonymous with Kojun/JND, event though Inart and/or HT might be doing it in the near future, as well.
I wouldn’t be surprised either if it is a PR stunt just as you’ve mentioned. In one hand, I do like to think of JND as ones on the higher end that would go to the lengths of getting patents, but on the other they also want to make money. Though, they did admit that the Basquiat statue was something they wanted to do regardless of the numbers they sold if I remember correctly regardless of collectors saying it was a dumb move.

At the end of the day, we won’t really know unless they replace “patent pending (feature)” with just “patented (feature)” in a future video I guess for either this product or the next, if they even bother at all. Like you said, once they have your money, it probably doesn’t really matter other than just playing keep away from the other guys.

I want to see a Joker grin...
IMG_0892.jpeg

Yes! Sadly. Great innovation all around -- except the bloody expression!!!!!

I'm counting on that 2nd head.
Just swapping the head will require taking off the carefully futzed outfit--sure to be an ordeal.

Honestly, though, this is a no go for me. It's surely going to cost no less than $1k, and there are now multiple great affordable Jokers. If they make my absolute favourite character in the world, and do it perfectly, maybe we'll talk.

As amazing as this all looks I'm still not super excited.

Now if it was a Nicholson Joker, Reeve Superman, T1/T2 Arnold or something completely fresh like John McClane I'd be way more hyped.

As amazing as this all looks I'm still not super excited.

Now if it was a Nicholson Joker, Reeve Superman, T1/T2 Arnold or something completely fresh like John McClane I'd be way more hyped.
Imagine a Galleria T2, finally with his trademark Arnie neck that's now even articulated... Now that's something I don't think I could pass up.

As Gipetto said, I think with my InArt Joker I'm at the "good enough" stage though. It sounds silly since he's a great figure IMO and he really stands out in my collection, but there is clearly room for improvement.
Never say never (I initially thought I'd pass on InArt rooted Joker and Gandalf but ended getting both), but I really don't see myself spending another $700-1200 on yet another Joker.

I feel like using silicone to achieve a "life-like" look at this scale has diminishing returns.

At 1/3, it makes sense since its a much bigger piece and you can see all the details, so life-like is an added feature.

At 1/6 scale, its too small and standard resin sculpts are really good enough....

Not to mention, this is JNDs first foray into 1/6 AND first foray to using silicone in that scale...

I wouldn't be surprised of being underwhelmed when this releases. It'll just look like any other 1/6 Joker already out in the market...unless of course you like to squish you 1/6 figures like it owes you money.

Last edited:
Imagine a Galleria T2, finally with his trademark Arnie neck that's now even articulated... Now that's something I don't think I could pass up.

Same. His neck is kinda part of his likeness in a way and that isn't necessarily the case with everyone. But Hot Toys always just plopped a head on top of an underdetailed barrel neck and called it a day, not even caring if there were noticeable gaps at the jawline when you turned or tilted the head.

A seamless upper body/neck and head for Arnie would very much be something I'd be interested in. Of course they'd still have to capture the face, shape of his head and the hair - all the other areas that companies variously fail on.

Last edited:
I feel like using silicone to achieve a "life-like" look at this scale has diminishing returns.

At 1/3, it makes sense since its a much bigger piece and you can see all the details, so life-like is an added feature.

At 1/6 scale, its too small and standard resin sculpts are really good enough....

Not to mention, this is JNDs first foray into 1/6 AND first foray to using silicone in that scale...

I wouldn't be surprised of being underwhelmed when this releases. It'll just look like any other 1/6 Joker already out in the market...unless of course you like to squish you 1/6 figures like it owes you money.
Some people like it squishy, some like it hard. :monkey1 :monkey3

Well, after seeing that sneak peek, I can honestly say that you called it for me.

Not a fan of that paint job. Sort of ruins the look of the silicone I expected when they cake it on like they're blowing out an airbrush line. I guess I was expecting the jail makeup version, which would show a bit more flesh (silicone) and take a modicum of skill to blur everything correctly.

@BigWayne it was just a joke for those of us who remember that sculpt. Wanted to see who would fall for it :lol

That’s not a real sneak peak of the JND. It’s BobbyC’s 1/6 silicone sculpt from many many years ago. Newer forum members have probably never seen it. I can’t even remember if the DX01 was release at that time, that’s how old it is

@BigWayne it was just a joke for those of us who remember that sculpt. Wanted to see who would fall for it :lol

That’s not a real sneak peak of the JND. It’s BobbyC’s 1/6 silicone sculpt from many many years ago. Newer forum members have probably never seen it. I can’t even remember if the DX01 was release at that time, that’s how old it is
Well, you got me :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I thought it looked old. . .

It's all a gimmick, their own gimmick to be more specific

After all of the official releases and customs over the years (especially the customs) - I just can't get excited about any Ledger Joker anymore. It's a old played out song by now. I haven't watched the movie in years either.

Back