JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A leak has been posted for this. Looks like there's at least 2 offerings. They're doing the rottweiler dogs if anyone has been asking for those.

The two-pack is said to be in the $1700 area, as rumored earlier. With it probably being closer to $2000 through Kit after shipping/fee is factored in. Single offering will probably be closer to $800 I imagine?

kulcKjF.jpg

dCYWNXt.jpg

It's nice that the super-deluxe gives you two complete Jokers (with the 2nd coat and jacket).

I suppose Joker could look cool on his own surrounded by his pups on the shelf. Certainly a display we don't have yet.

The single chair is silly.

I think the single-pack with two-heads is the way to go. Of course, it all depends on the expressions. If the single comes with the best head, then no need for the 2nd.

If the pictures above are showing the deluxe and the single 2-head versions, then the extra $500+ is just for the 2nd outfit and body?

I’m looking forward to the single pack, for the $800 or $1200 with dogs depending on their price and value. At least with Inart you get a huge diorama so that’s a win for them.

I still think Batman would be more suited with this kind of technology. Imagine a BvS Affleck with silicone cowls and a head inside. They could hold any pose, it would be awesome.
I know InArt literally just showed theirs, but considering the likeness of the 1/3rd scale (Clark, at least; Supes is damn close), I’d actually be really intrigued by a Reeve or even Cavill Supes with this tech. Rooted hair + silicon could provide a definitive answer for how to capture the elusive flight pose.

So if you want a smiling sculpt, if it even exists, you’re going to have to plop down $2,000+ on two more Ledger Joker figures.

So if you want a smiling sculpt, if it even exists, you’re going to have to plop down $2,000+ on two more Ledger Joker figures.
Would be $1200+ if you wanted the second sculpt but as a single Joker figure. That's also if the second sculpt is even a smiling expression. I believe the rumor from Breda for the pricing was the following:

Type A: $800 (1x Figure/1x HS)
Type B: $1200 (1x Figure/2x HS)
Type C: $1700 (2x Figures/2x Outfit)

This is also not accounting for any increase from Kit or GianToys. So add $200-$300 on top of those prices for what you'll pay shipped.

Last edited:
The deluxe single. The regular single is one head only. Or so I hear.
Honestly, if there’s a smiling head and the single version includes all of the above except an extra body, I might actually want this. I already sold my IA, but I’m starting to think gambling on the HT Artisan is a lot like gambling on the Jets. The more I see, the more I’m like “Jesus. What the **** was I thinking?” I don’t need multiple Jokers from this movie, though. If I have to switch the clothes for different display options, that just means I get more bang for my buck every time I decide to alternate displays.

Honestly, if there’s a smiling head and the single version includes all of the above except an extra body, I might actually want this. I already sold my IA, but I’m starting to think gambling on the HT Artisan is a lot like gambling on the Jets. The more I see, the more I’m like “Jesus. What the **** was I thinking?” I don’t need multiple Jokers from this movie, though. If I have to switch the clothes for different display options, that just means I get more bang for my buck every time I decide to alternate displays.
I’m most likely 70% sure I’m going to cancel my artisan once this releases. It all depends on the headsculpt it will break or make the figure.

My personal opinion artisan joker is great but the rooted work is terrible. IA is really good but the eyes are very off. (Close together and too big)

Now JND if they can have a great headsculpt, and rooted work for sure I’m cancelling. Their eyes and hair look great so far..

As cool as these might look I just don’t think I can justify getting one.

Hot Toys are expensive but I’ve conditioned myself to being okay buying them. InArt are even more expensive and I’m treading those waters lightly. JND is most expensive so far and I just don’t think it’s really worth it personally.

How much realism do I actually need from a sixth scale figure? I already know the answer to how much I’m willing to pay.

A really good custom of certain characters I could see myself dropping more on. I’ve thought of doing so for a Michael Myers. For a more mass produced figure and of a character who is iconic yes, but not necessarily a favorite and has so many options already.. eh.

Wonder if they’ll include the detonator since they’re going for that scene. Own the HT version but would like an upgrade if it weren’t plastic. Would be cool if they went with die-cast accessories and chair with actual padding. I imagine the chair will be a work of art to be worth including by itself and not a DX11 rehash.

It also appears they’re doing the same base as their 1:3 Ledger statue with the manhole cover and street with the interrogation tile floor for the other base. Cool they’re swappable for the single base option.

I suppose this is always the question for 1/6th collecting. Always has been.

Also, it usually only truly matters with a few specific characters per the individual.
Yeah. I’m not even truly sold on rooted hair being a necessity at this point. Certain characters it’s cool and I want to get a couple just to see in hand for myself. Some things seem excessive just for the sake of being like: “yeah, we’ll look what we can do”.

I’ll probably go for the deluxe if it’s two portraits and Rottweilers. I have the InArt which I don’t plan to sell. And while I do think these will be a major level up I don’t need umpteen different Jokers. I’ll sell whatever Hot Toys and custom bits I have around here and that will be that. I may also sell my 1:4 Queen Artisan Joker.

So, now that JND are doing genuine ‘rooted’ hair at 1/6, do we need to stop using that term incorrectly on all other figures where the hair is just glued on?

'Haired' as a generic term is good enough
But when we’re having petty arguments about extortionately high prices and value for money, we can’t say that InArt and JND both offer ‘haired’ Jokers as if it’s a comparable process.

I prefer saying ‘punched’ hair for the JND style anyways.

Back