JND / Kojun Works to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just have to be critical of anything that is supposedly incapable of conveying its quality or accuracy via photo or film.

For example- both 1/4 and 1/3 Blitzway Geralts look fantastic in every picture I see of them, thus I would have confidence to put money down for them- if I really wanted either.

If I have to simply have faith that a JND piece will somehow not look as sickly and hungover as photos indicate after I’ve paid for and can observe the physical object in person; I’m just not willing to make that gamble.

Absolutely agree.

However, I find that the vast majority of collector in hand photos are trash, mostly because photography is a skill that the vast majority of us don't have. We take photos in bad lighting, ignore the consideration of lens distortion and colour correction. Considering all that, for reasons I can't explain, silicone seems to photograph even more poorly than polystone or PVC......hence the reason why collectors commonly state that JND pieces look better "in person" then the photos portray.

So I get where you're coming from, and if you can't see one of these pieces in person - then you're pretty much taking some strangers word that JND is worth the money......perhaps an ill advised way to go 😉

Doesn’t seem like they’re putting out the VOD for the livestream. So here are everything interesting from it (as I watched the entire thing from beginning to end).
  • It’s Heath Ledger’s Joker
  • When asked about it being Nurse Joker. Daniel response was “maybe, hopefully”.
  • “It’s not going to be $1000.” Didn’t mention or imply that it would be over or under.
  • When asked if it was going to be numbered limited “It’s not gonna have thousand of copies made, it’s going to be more limited than usual. But it will be widely available everywhere for you guys to purchase.”.
  • “KOJUN have been working on this for years”
  • When asked if it’s going to be a silicone body “It will have silicone parts, silicone will be involved. This is something you guys have never seen before.”
  • Anyone who bought a copy of JND’s 1:3 Jean-Michel Basquiat via early-bird PO will receive an exclusive 20% discount code for the purchase of this figure.
Just some personal takeaways, judging from his responses. I don’t think it’s Nurse Joker, nor will it be a full silicone body. More than likely just be a regular Joker with silicone hands & fingers along with the head/neck.

I agree that their final WW sculpt sucks
Good luck getting anyone who committed a few grand to buying one to admit it though.
I don’t think that’s entirely true that just b/c you put money down, you have to justify it. I don’t have that piece on order nor do I have any of their products in hand, but I think their WW looks fantastic. I was skeptical and critical of the prototype as most on here have been, but seeing the recent production sample pics, I think it’s been improved just from those two newer pics and I actually regret not ordering one now.

I still feel like I wasted a grand on the InArt TDK Joker and have had no problem admitting it yet ppl praise it right and left :dunno To this day I’m still not happy with it when I walk by it in the display to the point that not only have I already purchased a few upgrades, but also hope Gandalf changes my mind about InArt. As of right now, I’m still skeptical of the POs I have with them. Despite the magnetic issue, I do like the main, round display base.

So, maybe it’s just me, but I don’t see how spending a large amount of money on something means that you’ll automatically like it and/or try to justify how it looks b/c of its cost. I’m actually more critical of the InArt TDK Joker b/c of how much I spent on it rather than less.

Last edited:
I don’t think that’s entirely true that just b/c you put money down, you have to justify it. I don’t have that piece on order nor do I have any of their products in hand, but I think their WW looks fantastic. I was skeptical and critical of the prototype as most on here have been, but seeing the recent production sample pics, I think it’s been improved just from those two newer pics and I actually regret not ordering one now.

I still feel like I wasted a grand on the InArt TDK Joker, as I’ve said before in that thread, yet ppl praise it right and left :dunno To this day I’m still not happy with it when I walk by it in the display to the point that I not only have I already purchased a few upgrades, but also hope Gandalf changes my mind about InArt. As of right now, I’m still skeptical of the POs I have with them.

So, maybe it’s just me, but I don’t see how spending a large amount of money on something means that you’ll automatically like it and/or try to justify how it looks b/c of its cost. I’m actually more critical of the InArt TDK Joker b/c of how much I spent on it rather than less.

Unfortunately, this hobby (figure collecting), in my opinion, draws out the "bandwagon thinking" - if people percieve that JND = bad, they latch into that and repeat it, despite having little or no evidence to justify that stance. The same thing with InArt - if everyone says it's great, people get that into their head and off they go. Regardless, even, when actual owners correct them - their minds are made up. It's quite sad really, because people end up experiencing the hobby vicariously through the (trend setting) opinions of others.

That said, as Chopper Face noted, these figures are f@×king expensive, and considering everything is an online purchase - seeing this stuff in person prior to spending is as rare as hens teeth.......not many of us can afford to play Russian Roulette with $1K - I know I can't 😂😂

I’ve learned to never say never. I have the InArt Joker, and jumped on the WL for the HT Artisan. But if JND ends up producing a great looking Joker using a system similar to that Al Pacino Heat figure I’d forego the Artisan if it converted, and probably pick it up provided it wasn’t ridiculously priced.

I wish they did something not comic related. InArt are doing great work, JND are just retreading the same tired ground.

They just did "something" not comic related, and got royally slammed for it.....let's be honest, JND are damned no matter what they do, because there's no way to satisfy the "figure community". If I was JND, and I saw the reaction to my Basquiat release, and then considered how this community buys EVERY iteration of Batman, Joker, Superman.....I'd launch my 1/6 line with Ledger Joker as well.

When it comes to sales, and what the community really wants, vs what they say they want - the numbers don't lie.

They just did "something" not comic related, and got royally slammed for it.....let's be honest, JND are damned no matter what they do, because there's no way to satisfy the "figure community". If I was JND, and I saw the reaction to my Basquiat release, and then considered how this community buys EVERY iteration of Batman, Joker, Superman.....I'd launch my 1/6 line with Ledger Joker as well.

When it comes to sales, and what the community really wants, vs what they say they want - the numbers don't lie.
If this is true than why should they care what the community thinks? Make it and let the money will pour in.

If this is true than why should they care what the community thinks? Make it and let the money will pour in.

I don't understand your point - "if this is true"

What part of my statement is inaccurate? That they got slammed on social media for Basquiat, or the part about people buying (ad nauseam) specific D.C. characters?......

Jnd don't really seem to have that Buzz that Inart had maybe it's because they've not shown anything. But from what I've seen of their work it's not great for the price they ask, with only a few solid pieces.

I think you meant to respond to the post above mine.

I agree that their final WW sculpt sucks.
Good luck getting anyone who committed a few grand to buying one to admit it though.

The skin texture, pigmentation, the eyes, hair application and styling, the paint work, and materials used are all top notch, but the likeness and expression have failed, which downgrades the entire piece far more than something like an inaccurate vambrace, shin guard, or missing paint detail would.

JND just seem unable to get the most important aspect of any character-based collectible right; the likeness.
Aaah yes sorry I made a mistake 😅

And i'm 100% agree with you, all is Perfect, quality is everywhere exept on the most important thing: The Likeness.
It's not possible for me at this price, especially that they made 0 modification compare to the prototype

Would that be a bad thing?

Direct comparisons to InArt are inevitable if they’re gonna be making the exact same characters in the same scale at a higher-than-HT price-point.

Direct comparison becomes necessary to work out the best value for money.

I have to say I’m very disappointed that it’s yet another Ledger Joker. From the outset, it indicates a lack of ambition to stray from what’s already been tried and tested, and the market is a little oversaturated with that character at the moment. A couple of years after the Artisan Joker releases would be fine but this approach just feels like copycat syndrome.

Not at all, I just meant it in the sense that some people don't like JND for various reasons, and the same people and others don't like the for the stance they have on taking in feedback, especially relating to one of their releases in particular which I can't quite remember, potentially Arwen. But I meant it more in the sense of I'm glad they didn't make commentary in an inflammatory manner to stoke those fires even more.

For me, I actually don't mind Ledger being first. It sort of feels natural. Their first statue before formerly being today's JND was The Joker also, seems fitting to make their first 1/6 be it as well. Also, as much as I do like their 1/3 statue, aside from their tailoring, as I think it's the best tailoring for a Joker release (I'm aware not 100% accurate in some details), the head sculpt isn't the best it should be. I hope that they use a particular frame of reference from the film this time instead of how they did his portrait as 1/3.

I think they've got some ground to cover with this, and something to prove, and as Ledger is the most popular 1/6, it just makes sense.

Here are photos of the final version:
View attachment 674607
View attachment 674609

It's not Gal Gadot.
What's this face? This Mouth?

For the crazy price it's unacceptable, InArt should not be the only ones to question themselves and have completely corrected their HS to give us Perfection.

This should be mandatory for JND given the unsuitable price for their products.

Where I agree is that we have never really had a perfect Gal Gadot as a statue or figure.

And for me JND didn't succeed either, which is why I'm waiting for the InArt version because for the moment they never missed

That is 100% Gal Gadot in my opinion.

I don't understand your point - "if this is true"

What part of my statement is inaccurate? That they got slammed on social media for Basquiat, or the part about people buying (ad nauseam) specific D.C.
My apologies. I should have been more clear. Not that you were inaccurate. I actually agree with you. But, how "we" state we want something and then eat up what we are tired of. Or, when companies make obscure decisions we get our panties in a bunch. I have no proof of the first and the second could just be a very vocal minority. JND seems to be running a profitable business. Keep making what we don't want and ignore the complaints, because we will still make the purchase.

I’m just happy it’s not Geralt or Superman. lol Sorry for Joker fans there are so many of him and all of them look very similar :monkey3

P.S. but 1:3 JND Geralt is coming :monkey4

Back