Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes Brainstorming Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When I'm back in my own house, I will make a proper little display for them, but at least I have the figures done. I do have a few props for them, but I haven't taken any pictures with them yet.

Thanks guys!

Even though I don't have a nice scale fireplace like Tekkaman Blade, I do have a full size one so I thought it would be a less sterile place to take this picture.

And here are a couple more from my usual place on the floor in the corner next to the back door where I get good natural light:

After watching The Empty House and Abbey Grange last night I redid Watson's watch chain because I saw he usually wears it through a higher buttonhole than I had originally put it.

Holme's waistcoat is from battlegear toys. The website design is terrible so I can't give a direct link, but it's in the Western section. Real buttons, real buttonholes, real pockets. Just don't get it wet because the black dye will run (I found this out the hard way -- thank goodness for bleach!). This was from my first order directly from their website and I was a little worried beforehand, but everything came in less than a week.

I think the frock coat is exactly the same as the Lincoln one, but mine is from Wyatt Earp.

Fantastic end result...any chance of getting the full recipe for these figures?

Thanks Alibi.

For Holmes the recipe is 16k head (of course) on a TTL WWII body with the long HT T-800 footpegs. The hands are from store-rooms. I'm pretty sure they are recasts of HT hands, but they are much smaller so they are more in scale with the head.

His outfit is a CrazyOwners white shirt with the cuff buttons replaced with black buttons to simulate cufflinks. The tie is black ribbon and tacky glue. Waistcoat is Battlegear Toys. The watch-chain is custom from a craft store necklace. Because the waistcoat pockets and buttonholes are real, it is anchored on one side with a pocket-knife, goes through the button hole, and then is attached to a watch in the other pocket. The fob is a 1/6 brass button attached to the chain with a bit of wire. His frock coat is Sideshow. His trousers are from the Drastic Plastic FDR figure with the cuffs let out. The boots are Toy City WWII Russian boots. The violin is from eBay with the chin rest removed.

Watson is 16k head on a TTL WWII body with regular footpegs and regular HT hands. His outfit is the Mattel Henry Higgins suit. The only change I made was replacing the original bead buttons with regular buttons from a Dragon coat. His waistcoat doesn't have real pockets or buttonholes so the watch chain is sewed in place. His fob is made the same way as Holmes's, but the button is a different style. His boots are DID WWII American army boots.

So most of it is off the shelf stuff with a minimal amount of sewing and fabrication to give at least a superficial appearance of being screen accurate. All I know is I'm very happy with them!

Hi, guys! I'm big Holmes and specially Brett Holmes fan.I want good 1/6 figure of him for a long time.Now i tried to discuss with serious artists about custom Brett and there is offer from bbkill (one of best portrait makers here in may opinion).He will make for us great Brett head sculpts if there will be 15 customers for 80$ each.You can see his last works here
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104818&highlight=bbkill
I guess it's great chance to get really good likeness JB for normal price.Please write me pm as soon is possible if any body are interested.

That reminds me never posted the final versions

ksif.jpg

Sorry, Tekkaman, where did you got such dearstalker hat?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Looking good Gido!

Later this year Hot Toys releases a mime Joker, must go after the top hat.
I think it is perfect for Jeremy.

Looks like you have also other Sherlock figures.

Yeah.Holmes was my favorite hero from early childhood.Also he was reason why i started to play violine in school. I started to collect different SH figures & dolls before 1/6 scale.Mind against violance, Victorian time, misteries to resolve-i love this romantical world.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
Back