Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Torn suit appearance is easily one of the most iconic battle damage versions of a character, it mirrors her deteriorating psychological state throughout the movie. Plus, it looks like Burton's way of visualizing the classic look of Selina's hair flowing out from the cowl which has always been a great look.

View attachment 704328

Yup, for the person before that wondered why this look was so popular, the above. Plus, it just looks cool af.

Definitely would want the torn suit as an option at least. I’ve always been a sucker for battle damaged figures and to me Catwoman’s torn up suit with hair stuck out of her mask is as iconic as her clean outfit.

Hoping that mystery accessory is another mouth plate with a finch flying out. Anybody have a more reasonable guess? Mistletoe? A cat, perhaps?

Ok thanks! Gonna email him now.
Kit just refunded my NRD as well.

If Jazz is serious about orders leading to the rooted hair / maskless sculpt, I will happily order the 2-figure set of normal and battle damaged. Battle damaged is my favorite look for her, but I'll happily order both for that head. It sucks that Jazzinc wasn't able to announce when they originally intended to, but things look great so far and they've created quite the excitement. As a new-ish collector for about a year, I guess I jumped into the hobby at a great time.

Even after all these years, she still knows she's the only "Cat Lady".

Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 20-09-11 Michelle Pfeiffer (@michellepfeifferofficial) • Instagram ph...png

Last edited:
A conditional offering of an unmasked ‘frazzled’ but pre-fried, rooted sculpt makes this utterly definitive.
Everyone, PO immediately to make it happen!

I’ve been opening and posing my Mars Batman 89 figures this week and am adoring how they look together so this announcement is catching me in full Burton adoration mode.

I remember having to pass on the Sean Dabbs customs years ago because of the cost, so it's pleasantly surprising to see him working on a licensed version now with JazzInc. Very interested to see the battle damaged version, and if we're able to get a rooted unmasked head sculpt, that may tip me over into preordering. I don't have any Burton Batman figures (though the Batman Returns two-pack was very tempting at the time... if only there were a Selina to display him with!), but that version of Selina's always been an appealing look for me (even as I'm trimming/refocusing my collection).

Jazz has never released a 1/6 figure before if my information is correct, right?

His “illegal” comment rubbed me the wrong way.

As well as these photoshopped images he introduced this figure with.

I remember when people were over the moon when HT started securing licenses.

I just might PO but for now i’ll….

IMG_7758.gif

Jazz has never released a 1/6 figure before if my information is correct, right?
They released a figure of Vulture from Spider-Man: Homecoming, but it didn't have a face. I believe there was an unmasked head sculpt ready to go (courtesy of Rocco Tartamella), but the rights to Michael Keaton's likeness were not secured, so it didn't make it to production.

They released a figure of Vulture from Spider-Man: Homecoming, but it didn't have a face. I believe there was an unmasked head sculpt ready to go (courtesy of Rocco Tartamella), but the rights to Michael Keaton's likeness were not secured, so it didn't make it to production.
Yeah that release to me was more like a vehicle - along the lines of what Jazz/Joost had done for years - with a no-sculpt figure included.

With the team he's assembled for this it'll be cool to see how his eye for quality translates to figures. I'm sure to him it may seem like a pretty simple project compared to vehciles/dioramas (ie seen as just a head and outfit) but can turn nasty fast with a run of slightly warped heads, factory paint app that misses the mark or too-complex outfit. BCS is testament to how a sure thing in licensed 1/6 "heads and outfits" can go haywire.

Yeah I wonder if the WB license makes the unlicensed Star Wars side a bit harder to keep up - though it's not unheard of with a few companies in the past with licenses that continued to produce unlicensed.

I also wonder if the license came up via a "let's make this legit" request from WB, and if that makes a similar request from Disney more likely.

If I remember correctly, the Star Wars stuff is such low volume, that it is basically as seen as hobby art by Satan... errr I mean Disney, so it's like an Etsy store. They aren't losing # bc Joost is producing things they simply don't / won't make.
Now BATMAN... selling a few thousand Batmobiles, WB is gonna wanna slice haha

Back