JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

reverse-272909002.gif

Its just about at what all that would cost if you got in from the beginning and had to buy a body and shoes, so the real price hike hasn't even happened yet.

Its just about at what all that would cost if you got in from the beginning and had to buy a body and shoes, so the real price hike hasn't even happened yet.
Yeah pretty much retail price right now

Anyone done a Lazenby Bond? Not seen one. I know he was only in OHMSS but I think that is one of the best Bond movies of all time.

I'm still willing to take the head sculpt from whomever completes the auction - just STOP bidding on it.

I never pay the big bucks for any of these customs. As an artist, I can appreciate the time and effort that goes into a creative project. But 5 or $700 for a headsculpt is too much for me. It would be different if there was only one, like a rare stamp or baseball card.
I purchased a professionally painted Connery and yunsil 007 gray suit on this SF site for under $150!

Wait until someone wants to sell one to buy their wife a new washer, then jump on it!

Sorry. It is a yunsil suit with insert documentation and a bbkill headsculpt commissioned by me to be painted by Rahmier. The seller needed the money cause he was laid off. I've seen the bootleg suits and have a Connery head from ebay. Although they are nice, there is no comparison. Thank you for your message and good luck with your collecting.

Thanks!:hi5:

I pay those prices because that's the only way, but man, that's really expensive for mere toys...

Pretty sure my Indy will be in the 1000 mark when all it's really worth is maybe 130... This has got to be the most useless and expensive hobby in the world!:lol

The oldest law of commerce is that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

And in the case of customs people forget that these are hand made and not mass produced. If you chose to make a living by producing them, you've identified a market that is willing to provide you with an income to make a living off of based on a product or skill you offer to it.

Is the time it takes to produce a professional, quality item any less valuable than anyone else's profession?

The justification of the value of what someone is willing to pay for a doll that is so intricate and detail should really be what's under scrutiny, and rightfully so, however there is a lot of strange **** out there that people are willing to spend their money on.

Yeah when you consider all the time and effort that must go into producing each element of a custom figure (the outfit, the headsculpt, the paintjob, the accessories), it's easy to understand why someone would want to charge a lot more than just the typical Sideshow price.

Although for me, $400 is probably the most I would ever consider for even the most sought-after figure. Much as I love the hobby and have the money, I just can't justify spending any more than that on these things.

I've spent more, though it doesn't mean I like it!

Look at it this way: with some customs around here, you could buy a used car! In some European countries, not the least developed area in the world, the average monthly salary is about $ 800. So I really think that, as much as we love our hobby, ethically it is much overpriced...

When some people look at some of my stuff, I won't tell them how much I paid for that, even a regular HT. I'm ashamed of it.

Look at it this way: with some customs around here, you could buy a used car!

You can buy a used car for $50 - it just depends how used and which car you're talking about. Remember however thata used care simply exists - there's no time/effort/cost involved

In some European countries, not the least developed area in the world, the average monthly salary is about $ 800.

It could easily take someone a month's worth of work time to make some customs, which is why the prices are high.

First-world guilt is something that can happen to anyone for any reason, not really specific to this hobby. It's all relative. I've spent $200 today on groceries and sundries and haven't yet made a penny. Yesterday I made $35 but spent $55 paying eBay fees. So don't feel sorry for people in Europe, you can start by feeling sorry for me. :)

Back