JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Definitely in for commissioning you Ray. As I said to you your paint job is Stunning and you know how to draw the best likeness out of a Daniel Craig sculpt as you just 'get it'

Put me first on that list dude.

Thanks so much guys for all of your positive comments it means a lot to me! This is my favourite paint job and I think it came together because I've painted Craig a few times and almost had it all scoped out in my head before I did it. Plus this head is near perfect. I'm a huge supporter of it and in my opinion it's in the 90th percentile of likeness and all we have seen before have only been 70th at best. DID being 60th.

I've had a few people ask me to do theirs and I usually resist paint job commissions and I'll tell you why. The first reason is I want to be confident that I can get the same results each time. With this head I am, secondly it's time. Each head takes me about 8-12 hours to paint, I'm such a perfectionist and my time is super limited and often times in my spare time I do freelance art direction work on top of my demanding full time job. My hourly rate for that is 100 dollars. So this is why I kind of only paint for myself. It breaks down or buying my own spare tme! That being said I love Craig. this head, and the guys who pmed me have been guys I really like and means so much they asked, If I can get about 5-8 guys lined up, for a run it would make it easier. If you are comfortable with the 100 dollars commission fee plus shipping (EDIT: per head not hourly, lol can you imagine? If you'd be down for that I'd tell you to save the money and get a couple therapy sessions :rotfl) I'd do a run if you all understand that I might not get them all painted for at least a couple months, but maybe sooner it depends on my work schedule.

I have a list of three so far, if you asked I know ;) if I get two more interested ill open up an interest list on the customs section and cap it at 8 for now because I know I couldn't handle any more than that for a little bit.

And just for this head, I don't know if I'm gonna be satisfied with my deckard, I'm going to try one soon.

If we don't get there, trust me my ego won't be bruised in the slightest I'm just sorry I couldn't help out those who asked, I know sourcing painters is a pain, it's exactly why I taught myself how to paint :slap

Hey Ray - your mailbox is full...

In before the cap?

o7b6.jpg

Wow!Nice gents.The one in the middle looks incredible!Like real person.Sorry-which body tipe you use fore him?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Fantastic Bonds!
Love the tailoring on the suits, although Craig's pants seem to be riding a little high.
Beautiful stuff!

I only come into this thread every so often, but WOW that Brosnan is amazing. I'd love to know the recipie on that one. I know it's a Spenser head, but what about the rest? Thanks Ray!

Hey guys thanks a lot!

Suits are all indeed amazing courtesy of Toys City latest run of suits the best tailored mass market suits ever, seriously Craig's looks like a Kato suit.

More pics of pierce to come! Brosnan was Spencer's head which I did refinement on the head and a few rough spaces on the face at I painted it myself. It's a great likeness but sculpt quality is still a little rough even with realistic paint.

The suit is the black toys city suit which is amazing i bleached it and died it blue and the pattern on the tie I hand drew. The gun is from the goldeneye figures I remember I modded it in some way.

He is on a narrow shoulder TT

Sean is also on a narrow TT and on a toys city black tux with pistol from dr no and Maximus Miniatires head and dr no bow tie

Daniel is on an agent coulson body the perfect body to make the BBkill head look right on and the very Cool navy tux looks perfect on if proportionally and a mess on anything else. Coulsons chest is boxier and his shoulders much narrower but it's not a skinny body, such a great option to play with.

Pictured here is the gray suit a Coulson tie (thanks to Platty for the tip!) and a light blue shirt I had from an asmus suit, DID shoes and pistol and the hands are from sideshow obi wan padawan.

I made the ear peice and am so proud of if! It's from fine wire coiled in the right way and a random bit for the ear bud I still have to take clearer pics of it.

All three have custom made pocket squares

Amazing figures Ray. Thanks for the props. Love how you captured a 90's look for pierce with that tie!

Who would be interested in a pierce sculpt by bbkill? Maybe if enough of us were he would do it. I want a perfect pierce figure as much as DC. 1 down 1 to go!

Back