JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Hi there,

Not a die hard James Bond fan, but would like to own a Daniel Craig Bond.
I've read the discussion on the board about the headsculpts and the whole DID proto/final problems.

But does anyone have one in hand, and got any opinion on it?

I saw this video on YouTube and it actually doesn't look that bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPP3Np0ceWg

I've just ordered the DiD Bond and should have him in hand in a couple weeks.

Looks like a great figure to me, for the price I paid I'm really happy to finally have a Craig Bond figure.

I think the DID figure is awful from head to tux but that's just me. Head especially is poor but ill reserve judgement on the Tux until some half decent pics are posted. It's definitely not a Criag tux... But it might serve well for a Dr. no Sean C!

But it might serve well for a Dr. no Sean C!

I'm personally counting on the Toys City one for that. I dismissed the Very Cool one right away and the TC won over the DID in the end. I'll know how that choice worked out in a couple of months when the thing actually ships.

The shawl collar is pretty wide on the DiD but definitely could suit the exaggerated nature of the Dr. No Connery well. TC is better proportioned, at least in the promos. Not crazy about their satin-trimmed pockets.

Aside from opinions about the sculpt, I wonder how the DiD head would look in the verycool tux given that you need a little body.

I got the verycool tux in the mail the other day and it looks great on the TT Slim... unfortunately, that body isn't earmarked for any of my Bonds.

How does the sizing run on the ZWCO?

I'm curious about the zCWo size for the very cool. Patrick bateman came on a zcwo body, decent body. A little slimmer than hit toys narrow which is nice, Batemans suit looked bad in a hot toys body but nice on that body.

I agree the shawl lapel is a bit too wide on DID for Dr. no and it seems the Toys City looks better. I really liked the gray toys city suit and it fit well on a hot toys body.

I ordered the toys city tux a few days ago for my dr. No Connery. Ill let you all know how it looks.

I pulled the trigger on the DID. :007 Another Craig for the collection.

I'll post this here. Ever since I made the jump to blu-ray (with the SMART 3D tv) I've been looking to upgrade my movie collection and it's been going well but the Bond movies have always been too pricey ($200+). I'm not sure if others have seen this but in case you're looking to upgrade Amazon has the entire (22 movie) collection for $109 with FREE shipping.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Bond-50-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B006U1J5ZY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375737833&sr=8-1&keywords=bond+collection[/ame]

:wave

I'll post this here. Ever since I made the jump to blu-ray (with the SMART 3D tv) I've been looking to upgrade my movie collection and it's been going well but the Bond movies have always been too pricey ($200+). I'm not sure if others have seen this but in case you're looking to upgrade Amazon has the entire (22 movie) collection for $109 with FREE shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/Bond-50-Comp...id=1375737833&sr=8-1&keywords=bond+collection

:wave

That's great for 22 movies. Thanks.

Still no one with the DiD yet?

It would appear not, I'm still waiting for Collectable Kitbash to get theirs in. (That said, I only want the head.) They were doing some maintenance to their site when I last looked so it may be some time before they're fully back.

That's great for 22 movies. Thanks.

Still no one with the DiD yet?

Yep. :wave

What's you see is what you get really buddy. The sculpt doesn't really become anymore like daniel Craig once it's in hand. Sometimes, Some sculpts can look better in hand, as you probably know. It's a really decent sculpt, just let down by the eye area, for me. I repainted the hair and eyebrows, that helps. I guess it depends on things like budget, how much you care about a spot on likeness, things like that. For me, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to likenesses, especially on major characters such as 007, so if/when bbkill releases his sculpt I'll buy it to replace this no questions asked. But if the bbkill with paint job etc is out if your budget or you are happy with what you see of this sculpt in photos, I say go for the DID. It's a decent enough DC sculpt. There have been some DC sculpts much, much worse!

Crappy camera but here's the newly arrived ZC World Bond (with tux).

SKYFALL is on for the unveiling.

This is definitely the best Craig Bond (currently) in my collection.

asmc.jpg

Wha? Mine is still on back-order from BBTS - did you get yours from Hong Kong directly?

Back