JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Awesome figure Chilipep! :clap Yunsil did a really wonderful job on the tuxedo. :)

For anyone who may be interested that custom bbkill/Yunsil Connery figure is back on eBay due to the winner of the auction not paying. I guess that's why nobody wanted to own up to winning the auction! :lol

For anyone who may be interested that custom bbkill/Yunsil Connery figure is back on eBay due to the winner of the auction not paying. I guess that's why nobody wanted to own up to winning the auction! :lol

Ooooooh, I wonder if the winner got the other set on here last night?

Ok, if anyone snags it, I'm in for the head. But don't bid it up. Submit your final bid in the last 6 seconds of the auction.

It's maybe not a good idea Pixel, my friend. First, because sometimes if you do a very high bid, Ebay don't accept (I lost a figure that I don't get it until today), and if you do a bid that it's not the higher, you don't have time to think and put another value, so...

It's always a good idea if you want to win. Bid at the last possible opportunity and bid your maximum. If you don't win because someone bid more than you, that's fine because you already picked your maximum. If no one bids up as high, you will win for a value lower than your maximum. I've never heard of eBay not accepting a bid. Oh, and don't do this manually, obviously use a sniping program or sniping service which you can schedule out far in advance.

Unless it's a buy-it-now listing, that's how I've bought on eBay now for over 16 years.

So, one time I put a very high value at the Ebay for a figure and, believe, it doesn't accept my bid. At ths moment, I was angry with what happened and I called to Ebay. A telephonist analyse the case and used this argument to convince me.

I can't imagine why ebay would have a problem with people bidding high amounts, considering that would mean even more money for them afterwards.

When you put in a bid, regardless of the amount, the "current bid" will always be as low as necessary to simply surpass the previous high bid or the listing's starting price.

I'm sorry if this is just remedial info, but this is how eBay auction-style bidding has always worked:

For example, if an auction starts without any bids and a $1 ask and you place a bid at $500, the current high bid will be yours at $1.00. If no one else bids and the auction ends, you'll win at $1 if there is no reserve. If someone else bids anything under $500, they will automatically be outbid. Example, they bid $50 and will automatically be outbid at $50.01(or maybe it's exactly their bid amount, so $50) - you remain the high bidder. If they bid $499.99 you'll still be the current high bidder. Even if they bid $500, you'll still be the high bidder with $500 as you submitted your bid first.

I can finally contribute to this thread. Connery Bond in the works. :)

D75998B8-9FBD-4EB7-B7E6-740A0B148B83_zpsqwb1zjtd.jpg

IMG_7897_zps0k2dcjqe.jpg

IMG_7896_zps55og5opv.jpg

405E2C46-260E-426C-9105-EAD18520843B_zps2mnugzyj.jpg

Back