JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Just finished this Bond up
I'll get better pics tomorrow with SLR

0fc051520d0a10376f8b038ef74a9600.jpg

2c75834debc206283a338dd1bbb9fc28.jpg

3675ec742df17124da93a6bb0c463699.jpg

Damn, Jake! Just... Damn!

Even zoomed in like that, your skills are insane. Truly.

Damn, Jake! Just... Damn!

Even zoomed in like that, your skills are insane. Truly.
Thank you Greg
That's Toria Cassaro's. (Modern Life). Impressive paintwork.
Thank you sir
That's Toria's!? Woah! Ok, I'm in on that then. I was considering the painted one they offer and I'll definitely have it now!
Yeah I love the sculpt just wish it had a neck
Wait! Hold the phone! Which one is that!? Folks, we have a winner!
Ha ha finally huh
Not a fan of him as Bond, but that does look exactly like Craig, capturing his rough appearance. There needs to be a Dalton sculpt of that quality, i'd snap it up in a heartbeat.
It is a good likness.....I'm sure a great Dalton will be released this year

Chrome has flash built-in. Doesn't work. Besides, anyone using Flash on the web in any capacity doesn't know f-all about the web, design or what they're doing. And deserve to be suspended from their balls in a public square.

I'm using Waterfox, which uses the same code as Firefox and the ML site has always worked fine for me. Well, when it lets you beyond that Flash page, but that's another issue!

Thank you Greg

Thank you sir

Yeah I love the sculpt just wish it had a neck

Ha ha finally huh

It is a good likness.....I'm sure a great Dalton will be released this year

Yeah, Toria got there, and I supplied the reference! I had faith in that head, and you have made me see that faith was justified. I do wish it had a neck too as I could have used the DID body which is currently wearing the tux I'm using. I'll need another body for the new head, one like you've used, but, it's going to be worth it.

Just finished this Bond up
I'll get better pics tomorrow with SLR

0fc051520d0a10376f8b038ef74a9600.jpg

2c75834debc206283a338dd1bbb9fc28.jpg

3675ec742df17124da93a6bb0c463699.jpg

Nice job on the paint but the sculpt isn't quite there. Looks too old around the eyes, nose is way too big and hair looks very unnatural at the bang area.

Nice job on the paint but the sculpt isn't quite there. Looks too old around the eyes, nose is way too big and hair looks very unnatural at the bang area.
Its still the best Craig thats been produced. The last bbkill sculpt in comparison is cartoonish

Its still the best Craig thats been produced. The last bbkill sculpt in comparison is cartoonish

Every body sees these things differently. I would have a hard time ranking this in the top 5. Hair on this one is just as cartoonish as the bbkill sculpt.

I would have a hard time ranking this in the top 5.

Umm, OK. I wouldn't even say there are 5 sculpts total that actually look like Craig. Maybe 3 if you include this one, 4 if you really widen your view.

Umm, OK. I wouldn't even say there are 5 sculpts total that actually look like Craig. Maybe 3 if you include this one, 4 if you really widen your view.
I would say that there are only 3 that look like Craig
1. Modern Life
2. Bbkill
3. Inigou

To be fair the front hair was damaged in shipping so the final will look better....also both ears were broken off. I had to do my best to repair it. They already sent the original to be casted so I couldn't get a fresh cast at the time as I requested.

There have been nearly a dozen different Craig sculpts that have some resemblance to him in one way or another. The more popular ones tend to be a) the newest one that has been shown b) sculpted by a popular artist c) the ones that are overly detailed, even if the resemblance isn't there. I will be the first to admit that I tend to prefer one sculptor's work more than others and don't doubt that has some influence over comparing one sculpt to another. Still find Joy Snyder's sculpt to be one of the closest. She has done a licensed Craig sculpt that required his approval. I tend to have more confidence in sculptors that have an extensive background in portrait sculpting as opposed to these fly by night digital artist who show up and disappear all the time.

$_12.JPG

What does the fact that the sculptor has an extensive background in portrait sculpting really matter if the digital sculpts are being produced? Its not like bbkill showed his sculpt and stole everyone's money? It was released

What does the fact that the sculptor has an extensive background in portrait sculpting really matter if the digital sculpts are being produced? Its not like bbkill showed his sculpt and stole everyone's money? It was released

People tend to assume digital sculpts are superior because they look more finished when shown in digital form. The print outs seldom if ever live up to the hype. None of it really matters if you buy what you like. That fact that no one can agree on which sculpt is best is a good indication that this isn't an exact science.

People tend to assume digital sculpts are superior because they look more finished when shown in digital form. The print outs seldom if ever live up to the hype. None of it really matters if you buy what you like. That fact that no one can agree on which sculpt is best is a good indication that this isn't an exact science.
Ahh true digital sculpts haven't reached the level that some traditional sculptors can achieve but they are closing the gap pretty fast

Back