Its Up!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It never bothered me that the SSW Strider didn't look like Viggo and this doesn't either. It's about LOTR not about Viggo IMO.

jlcmsu said:
It never bothered me that the SSW Strider didn't look like Viggo and this doesn't either. It's about LOTR not about Viggo IMO.
Indeed, brother! Indeed!
I feel the same way!

jlcmsu said:

no surprise there then :D :D

seriuosly though Josh, has SS ever produced something you didn't like?

Re: 12" Aragorn

Mr Fell Beast said:
Well with all of the ranting and raving going on, this thing is pathetic....

Good god this is a DOLL line.......:sick :rolleyes:

I don't think it's pathetic and calling it so is rude to those that like it.

Well, I like this DOLL line and will happily add these LOTR items to my collection.

daelith said:
Doh. They need to get the guy from NECA to do an Aragorn face sculpt =/

I agree that still remains the best likeness to date.

As for this figure, it looks good and I am sure the accessories will be at the very top of the list, but the likeness is definately not any better than the SSW version.

pitchin said:
seriuosly though Josh, has SS ever produced something you didn't like?

Yeah, there are a few items out there that arent my cup of tea. That's why I never placed orders for them. A lot of items I just simply respect the time, effotr, detail, etc that go into a piece instead of just coming out and saying this is pathetic like some ;).

should have been the next 1/4 statue to go with amon hen lurtz.

im going to wait untill i see the whole figure before i decide to start collecting the whole 12" line

Its Aragorn - not exactly Viggo, but that's OK - its Aragorn. Add me to the list of those that will purchase it.

These are going to rock.......I for one personally love the sculpt, and don't think anything needs to be changed, but that's just me. Great job SS!!!!
B.

Personally it doesn't jump out and scream "VIGGO!" to me either. However it is the best Aragorn that we've seen in any representation I think. Even better than the NECA 18".

If someone could find a straight on headshot of Aragorn from the movie I'd like to see a side by side comparison.

It does look like the costume and accessories will be top notch though, even better than DiD's.

what do you think the accessories will be?
Obviously sword, bow,hunting knife but what else could they give him boromirs arm guards mybe

gil-galad said:
what do you think the accessories will be?
Obviously sword, bow,hunting knife but what else could they give him boromirs arm guards mybe

I'm thinking the exclusive will either come with the knife he is given or the elven cloak.

There's definitely something off in that likeness. I'll be surprised if the stubble turns out that well on the actual production figure.

Exclusive could have shards of Narsil.

But with all the weapons he has I'd expect maybe an extra set of hands for using the bow, and not much else.

Exclusive as the hilt of Narsil would be a great choice.

I am sure that he will come with a torch and bedroll, etc for the regular.

Sir Tristram said:
Viggo doesn't even look like Aragorn! So, I'm not surprised the sculpt is off a bit...
But he really look different in various scenes through the film as the Ranger...Look at a lot of still photos...He changed a lot....little things and positions he's in or facing make him look strange in different shots!

I agree!
I think this is one of the best sculpts "yet" but still something is off. If it is tweaked in a couple places they will have it. I cant wait to see the rest of him.

Back