Is Gandalf the Grey a lock for the next 12" figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently it really doesn;t matter what's next as Iwon't be able to resist getting it. I've never been to keen on Boromir. I hated his guts in the book, but I actually felt for him in the film. I wasn't planning on picking him up, but my alarm went off and I couldn't keep from ordering.

I'd love to see Gandy the G. But I'll take anything. I wouldn't put it past me to order up when Lobelia goes up.:rolleyes:

Customikey said:
Apparently it really doesn;t matter what's next as Iwon't be able to resist getting it.

Yup, me 2. It doesn't matter. I'm gonna end up getting them all I think.

jlcmsu said:
Yup, me 2. It doesn't matter. I'm gonna end up getting them all I think.

Me too...I think this line is going to be SS crown jewel of 12" figures...the costums are simply amazing!!!And the sculpts have been perfect so far, IMO..........

I love SW and have all exc on pre-order, but visually so far none can stand up next to LOtR...Of course I dont have one to compare with Luke, but they really seem to be in a class of their own...until SS starts releasing some armoured SW with more detailed costums that is.

I do think the LOTR 12" Figures and PF will overall be even cooler in detail because the costumes will be very very hard to make. So I agree that the LOTR figures in the end might just beat out the SW by a little. Not that I'm gonna deny any of the lines because I love'em both.

jlcmsu said:
I do think the LOTR 12" Figures and PF will overall be even cooler in detail because the costumes will be very very hard to make. So I agree that the LOTR figures in the end might just beat out the SW by a little. Not that I'm gonna deny any of the lines because I love'em both.

Yeah. to deny one line for another would be just wrong I love them both and cant wait for a year from now when I have many SS SW & LOtR figures in my collection!!

I'm beginning to envision a diorama display for this line. Gotta find a 1:6 fallen log. Some suitable rocks that they can sit on and lean against. Some scale trees. Some lichen from a hobby shop. A riser for my Weta RWOS and a pool for my WETA Gollum.

Hmmm....

Good thing Aragorn and Legolas aren't here yet.

tomandshell said:
I agree that Gandalf will be next, revealed at SDCC, and followed afterwards by our first villain--I am guessing that will be either a ringwraith or Saruman.

(And after that, Sideshow will finally ship me my Grievous.)

That sounds like a good plan. I'm in!

I'm thinking Saruman...so he can fight the Gandalf we get at SDCC.

(NOTE: You did get Anakin without much problem this time so obviously Sideshow is fouling up your Grevious delivery so you can post some more Homer gags.)

Since I am completist, I'll get all the LOTR 12" figures. But I definetely wouldn't mind getting Gandalf or Faramir. Saruman would be an awesome villain. He would go nicely with Gandalf the Grey.

Entropy Chicken said:
I feel exactly the opposite. :D GtW never really did it for me.

Anyone want to speculate as to the Gandalf's exc. accessories?

GtG : his first staff taken by Saruman (the non crystal Mines of Moria one) and maybe his pipe, the Dragon firework or the book from Balin's tomb.

GtW : his Grey cloak I think is a lock and maybe an alternate head w/ the hair tied back?
I'm guessing that instead of an alternate head for Gandalf the White they'd go with that spear that he grabs from the guard when bursting in on Denethor and the funeral pyre.

For Saruman I think a really cool exclusive would be Anakin's dismembered arm.

Gruff got me thinking about environments for the 1/6 - how about a door to Moria? Maybe the council table and floor...

I really hope they do environments for LOTR, even if they have to split a environment up into seperate pieces to sell due to size, Im game.

The next LOTR 12-inch annoucement will be the fully armored Gandalf with the severed head of Saruman as the exclusive .... plus Anakin's severed arm, leg and leg (damn he got his ass handed to him by Obi) and Jar Jar Binks impaled on an Ewok spear.

Nothing is a shoe in, but I'm hoping for GTG, the keystone of the LOTR trilogy.

Last edited:
Back