Is Gandalf the Grey a lock for the next 12" figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I've don e up a list like this before but:
GTG w/ both staffs, book of Moria, pipe and sword. Excl. Smaug Firework
Pippin w/ sword, pipe, bag o'weed, and an apple. Excl. Lorien cloak and arrowed dwarf corpse or Lorien dagger.
Merry w/ sword, pipe, pint of ale, and an apple. Excl. Lorien cloak and dagger.
Gimli w/ a load of friggin axes, and a pipe. Excl. Lorien cloak and alt. helmless head.
Sam w/ sword, pots & pans, backpack, pipe. Excl. Lorien cloak and rope.
Frodo w/ Sting, One Ring, Vial of Galadriel. Excl. Lorien Cloak.

I think we'll get Pippin in the middle and Merry will be last.

My guess is that Gandalf the Grey will be next followed by either Saruman or Faramir (in ranger garb). Those are my guesses for the next three figures in the line.

Besides working on the smaller hobbit and dwarf bodies, I'm sure that Sideshow is also hard at work on the Uruk-Hai bodies. These most probably will utilize some joint-covered "muscle" bodies similar to Dragon's "Russell" and Hot Toys "muscular" bodies. To have the regular body joints protruding would look horrendous.

you get a good 7 characters from the Hobbit bodies so it'll be worth it for Sideshow:

the 4 Fellowship hobbits, orc armored Frodo, orc armored Sam and Bilbo.

Customikey said:
Pippin w/ sword, pipe, bag o'weed, and an apple. Excl. Lorien cloak and arrowed dwarf corpse or Lorien dagger.
Gimli w/ a load of friggin axes, and a pipe. Excl. Lorien cloak and alt. helmless head.

Love the potential list of exclusives there Mikey. Does anyone else find it starnge that Aragorn will be the only figure WITHOUT the Lorien cloak (presumably)...Since it wasn't offered with him, but was offered with Legolas AND Boromir.

Perhaps SS will surprise us and throw one in with him anyways, it'd be nice if the Fellowship all matched!

:monkey1

FlyAndFight said:
My guess is that Gandalf the Grey will be next followed by either Saruman or Faramir (in ranger garb). Those are my guesses for the next three figures in the line.

Besides working on the smaller hobbit and dwarf bodies, I'm sure that Sideshow is also hard at work on the Uruk-Hai bodies. These most probably will utilize some joint-covered "muscle" bodies similar to Dragon's "Russell" and Hot Toys "muscular" bodies. To have the regular body joints protruding would look horrendous.

I agree on the choices. I don't know if they will go creating new bodies like that for the Uruks and Orcs. That's a lot of money and time to do so and they did nothing like that on the POA line. Not that they won't but I just don't think they will. Not to mention how well will those bodies hold up over time?

Customikey said:

Great list. I'd only add a translucent blue "glowing" Sting to the excl.'s

The Uruks wore armor most of the time, so I don't see a rubbery, less articulated body needed for them.

As to who will be LAST of the fellowship produced? My guess would be Gimli...

SolidLiquidFox said:
you get a good 7 characters from the Hobbit bodies so it'll be worth it for Sideshow:

the 4 Fellowship hobbits, orc armored Frodo, orc armored Sam and Bilbo.

Wouldn't Gimli probably use the Hobbit/child body also?

I don't see Sideshow making a new body just for Gimli.

And with the way true scale is always kind of blurred in 12" lines I don't think it would be that big of a deal.

And they could possibly do a Gollum, although getting it to look cool would be almost impossible. Impress me, Sideshow!! :D

I could see Gandalf being the next figure. Although I hope not, I'm on Gandalf overload. :wacky

SSW Gandalf the Gray
SSW Gandalf the White
SSW Gandalf on Shadowfax
NECA Epic Gandalf the Gray

I wonder if they'll release another Aragorn with the fellowship cloak and Boromir arm guards. Perhaps a Helms Deep version with chainmail and different accesories?

Strider > Aragorn Helm Deep (Fellowship) > Aragorn ROTK version with Anduril/Black Gates armor > King Elessar

The Strider release may not be the fellowship version we are all assuming it is...

True. I just hope I don't have to spend more money on another Aragorn...

In any case, I just want to get Faramir soon in his Ranger garb. Favorite. Character. Ever.:drool

Gimli has a different body type than the hobbits, but it would be similar. Perhaps his arms will just be longer...

Darklord Dave said:
Gimli has a different body type than the hobbits, but it would be similar. Perhaps his arms will just be longer...

...longer, like a gorilla?
If they make another Boromir one day, Boromir in Gondorian Armor would rock socks off!
:rock

Speaking of Gimli, just had this idea about an Exclusive item for the Gimli 12":

Conversation between Gimli and Legolas, after leaving Lothlorien:

Gimli: "I have taken my worst wound at this parting, having looked my last upon that which is fairest. Haugh, henceforth I will call nothing fair unless it be her (Galadriel) gift to me."

Legolas: "What was it?"

Gimli: "I asked her for one hair from her golden head. She gave me three."

Pure poetry by mister Tolkin himself.

I know, I know, it's hard to grasp three hairs as an exclusive item. But, isn't that often the case with poetry? Hard to captivate?

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Speaking of Gimli, just had this idea about an Exclusive item for the Gimli 12":

Conversation between Gimli and Legolas, after leaving Lothlorien:

Gimli: "I have taken my worst wound at this parting, having looked my last upon that which is fairest. Haugh, henceforth I will call nothing fair unless it be her (Galadriel) gift to me."

Legolas: "What was it?"

Gimli: "I asked her for one hair from her golden head. She gave me three."

Pure poetry by mister Tolkin himself.

I know, I know, it's hard to grasp three hairs as an exclusive item. But, isn't that often the case with poetry? Hard to captivate?

That would be a really good idea but would you really want to display three strands of hair besides you figure?:confused:

Back