1/6 Is an INCREDIBLE HULK ('08) figure still worth making?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy an '08 INCREDIBLE HULK figure?

• Yes. I need to complete the collection.

Votes: 26 26.0%
  • No. The current figure is all I need.

Votes: 58 58.0%
  • Maybe. Depends on what other characters they make.

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters

Dr.Mirakle32

Super Freak
Reaction score
Back in 2008, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, starring Edward Norton, helped jumpstart the MCU along with that other little movie. While the IRON MAN Mark III became Hot Toys' first foray into the Marvel universe, Norton's Hulk was never made because of costs and practicality at the time.

Five years later and Iron Man and his amazing friends are the company's bread and butter. The current Hulk looks like an incredible figure, and for many, Ruffalo's take is the definitive big screen interpretation. But with every MCU movie to date getting their own toy line, is there enough interest for Hot Toys to revisit phase one, and give some love to the forgotten Avenger?

While the character's rendering is different enough, would you settle for a darker repaint of the current figure with an all new headsculpt? Could make for a memorable con exclusive. The base body might even have potential for being made into an Abomination.

The-Incredible-Hulk-edward-norton-1756860-1260-535.jpg

I love the Avengers version but I think the 08 version looked better to me. So yes I would buy one and probably sell off my Avengers version. I hope this gets made eventually:)

The-Incredible-Hulk-2008-Trailer-1-the-incredible-hulk-1750152-1260-535.jpg

420044-3952header_new_main3634756.jpg

No. The Avenger version looks much better. 08 was too lean and veiny and pretty much looked like a angry eight year old.

HT would not spend that kind of money for the mold on a con exclusive, it'd have to be standard release. And just doing a head swap would be completely redundant. They do not have the same physique, it'd be blatantly inaccurate. HT does not cut corners like that...yet. I want Abomination, but not sure there is enough demand for them to do it.

I much rather prefer they just repaint it as Red Hulk and Mr Fixit. I think its very likely Hulk will get a re-release of some kind eventually

HT would not spend that kind of money for the mold on a con exclusive, it'd have to be standard release. And just doing a head swap would be completely redundant. They do not have the same physique, it'd be blatantly inaccurate. HT does not cut corners like that...yet.
Hot-Toys-Evil-Superman-015.jpg

I dunno. But I sure want to watch that film again. The fight with Abomination was great fun.
I think this movie is pretty underrated. It is a very good movie, though not really exceptional I guess. I think one of the traps it might have fallen into is the same as Man of Steel--in an attempt to make up for the deficiencies of the previous film, they went a little bit too far ignoring the stuff about the original that worked and was good for the story and character.

I like the Avengers version much better but I'd definitely buy an Incredible Hulk figure if HT made one!

Yes. But not to "complete the collection".

And with this kind of an angry expression. Not with an open mouth that looks as if he's got something stuck in his molars.

TIC_1_zps67556587.png

Best shot in the movie, right there. :lecture

As far as figures are concerned, I wouldn't use the Avengers Hulk as a base body. It's far too different from the '08 version, as stills and screenshots will show. You'd pretty much have to make an entirely new figure. Plus, I can't really see how the Avengers body would match the headsculpt if you're going to make a new one.

It would make a badass figure. That version on The Hulk is my favorite. I would get it if they made abomination those two together would look epic.

I liked the '08 look, personally. With the build it had, it looked more like an experiment gone wrong than something more natural, which I could almost say about the Avengers version. That being said, I still like the Avengers version better.

Id prefer the ang lee version....

Seriously though Ill take an abomination first, at the very least they should make Abom before the mutation (cant think of his name right now but the generic brand supersoldier guy)

Back