Ironman 1/4th Maquette paint apps- widespread problems?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What and how is everyone going about to destroy these Ironman Maquettes? I'm waiting on a reply from Sideshow. I've been very busy lately, and just recently had time to take a few pics of my maquette and send to them. Has anyone been asked to send them back?

I think it is ONLY the International customers like myself who have to destroy our IMs where as you guys in the US would have to send them back to SSC if you were after a replacement piece.

Yup, definitely needing a replacement. The mouth area on mine is probably one of the worst ones, and I don't believe it's repairable at all. :( Regardless, I hope to get a quick response from SS in regards and begin with the replacement process. 2 to 3 months is a loooooong time. ,(

These are repairable but only by a professional painter. It would be a waste to destroy them all when the defective painted ones could be returned and repaired by SS in house painters.

How about the areas that are not paint related? For example, the crooked mouth? I don't believe these can be fixed unless they resculpt the head, but as far I know, once you have the polystone already casted, I don't think you can change anything already in place or am I wrong?

How about the areas that are not paint related? For example, the crooked mouth? I don't believe these can be fixed unless they resculpt the head, but as far I know, once you have the polystone already casted, I don't think you can change anything already in place or am I wrong?

Iron mans face plate is glued on separately, its just the idiot gluing it on that cant alighn it properly :slap

Chris

I've already sent mine back & now waiting another 4 months until they can get a replacement. =P

Last edited:
This is fantastic,this will teach them not to rush things out and actually check the product for errors before slapping that silly QC sticker on it. :wave

want to bet it won't teach them? case in point, stealth iron man and the 1 to 1 scale iron man bust. both had delays, both were shipped with bad paint apps and scuffs from shoddy packaging, and still we have the 1/2 scale iron man and the new maquette with problems.

sideshow doesn't do QC. those stickers come from the factory. it's less expensive to ship as is and deal with returns on the back end. not smart in my opinion.

Just opened mine as an Xmas present. The statue could have been fantastic but it's got all the familiar paint problems. It's going back and I'm gutted! This piece ought to have been epic.

Okay, heres my situation. Few weeks ago I bought one of these from a SS distributor. The statue I recieved had a small hole in the base and the lights didn't work with batteries. The seller was great took it back for a refund.

About this same time Sideshows website showed the exclusive statue IN STOCK. So I thought..GREAT! Direct from SS should be better...

I got the statue and its a pretty decent one overall. There is about a 3/4" piece of string or lint or something on the chest that has been painted over and won't come off of course. All in all, NTB.

What is bothering me most though is it was clearly a returned statue. I can see where UPS or FEDEX cut the old shipping label off the box and put the new one over it. Also, the statue had a fair bit of dust on it.

Doesn't that seem a bit crazy to you guys since it was ordered as new off of SS's website? This wasn't a replacement of another statue. If I had been a NEW customer and got this I think I would have been surprised. I'm not all that surprised in this case because I know what kind of issues this statue has had and the only reason it was back in stock was because of all the RETURNS. It still bothers me that they would sell it on the website no differently then when it first came out.

Anyway, what do you all think?

Mate, they should be ashamed. It's the last sideshow piece I'm gonna buy for a while if not for good. Look at my xmas day horror! I swear my 8 year old nephew could paint better than this. Im utterly astonished!

Last edited:
Back