Ironman 1/4th Maquette paint apps- widespread problems?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kibishii

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hopefully, we can get a comment or an answer if there are widespread problems with sloppy paint apps on the gold portion of the new Ironman maquette's chin. So far, all of the pictures of maquettes received have sloppy gold brushstrokes on the chin of Ironman. I have posted pictures of mine in the Ironman thread.

The reason I would like an answer is because I have requested a replacement through Alterego and I don't want to get stuck paying repeated shipping when the replacement will have the same problem.

Honestly, I don't see how obvious sloppy brush lines got through QC for a near $500 statue.

such a weird widespread problems huh ?

I went through 3 of them today when I had to pick mine up and I ended up telling the store to send it back.

If this problem continues I am going to cancel on mine

I know dude.
so bad !!!!!!

This is the first SSC product that honestly disappoints me like no other.

I think the issue here is just as bad as Kotobukiya's first take on their Iron Man Mk. III fine art statue, if not worse.

If mine comes like that,I will return it,for $500 should be much better,when you buy a $500.00 laptop or a BluRay player does not come with paint defects.

Even a $20.00 blender comes perfectly painted.

SEND IT BACK PLEOPLE !!!

I'll reserve judgment till mine comes in.

I can't return for a refund as I used about $300 in reward points.

I'll reserve judgment till mine comes in.

I can't return for a refund as I used about $300 in reward points.

Keep exchange until you have a perfect one.But them they might say the bad paint app is part of the weathering.:slap

Keep exchange until you have a perfect one.But then they might say the bad paint app is part of the weathering.:slap
I am not sure if you are joking or not, but there is no way they could try to pawn off the brush lines as weathering. His chin looks like a five year old literally stuck a paintbrush in gold paint and just drug it across. :monkey2

I am not sure if you are joking or not, but there is no way they could try to pawn off the brush lines as weathering. His chin looks like a five year old literally stuck a paintbrush in gold paint and just drug it across. :monkey2

Kibishii,

I am in the same boat as you. My vendor contacted SS and is waiting for their reply. "Battle damaged" is not a good excuse for their mishaps. I really don't expect the product to be perfect, but I don't expect it to have such apparent flaws.

Oh great this is all I needed to read :slap mine is now en-route to Scotland and I hate to imagine how much it is going to cost if I have to return it to SSC with import fees and shipping etc just to get my perfect $500 collectible that it already should have been for that price. If IM has this problem, better keep your fingers crossed that WM does'nt have these issues.

Thanks for letting us know about the issues Kibishii and I am sorry that he is like that, I will let you guys know what mine is like when he arrives at the end of the month.
(I will now end up opening mine when he arrives, praying that a 5 year old has not been let loose on mine with a paint brush full of gold paint :pray:)

does anyone know, can I just walk into Sideshow headquarters and ask for an exchange if I bought it from Alterego? or do they only do exchange if I bought it directly from Sideshow? I happen to be driving down to LA tomorrow from San Francisco and I'm going to pass by Sideshow headquarters, would be great if I can exchange the IM Maquette on the way.

Last edited:
does anyone know, can I just walk into Sideshow headquarters and ask for an exchange if I bought it from Alterego? or do they only do exchange if I bought it directly from Sideshow? I happen to be driving down to LA tomorrow from San Francisco and I'm going to pass by Sideshow headquarters, would be great if I can exchange the IM Maquette on the way.

I plan to try the same thing if my IM comes wacked up.. I live only 45 min away from SS but I also bought from a retailer.

I plan to try the same thing if my IM comes wacked up.. I live only 45 min away from SS but I also bought from a retailer.

I would like to know this as well. Although, checking their website I believe you're supposed to go through your vendor.

It's only an hour and a half away from me without traffic...

Here are the updated pictures I sent to Alterego...
013.jpg

sloppy chin-paint apps and black smudges
020.jpg

scuffs in the paint down to the polystone
021.jpg

under his shoulderplate, paint is missing and looks pink
023-1.jpg

chip on his wrist (this is NOT battle damage/silver)

Exchanges cannot be done physically at the Sideshow headquarters. If you ordered your collectible directly through us, you may call the Customer Service department at 1-800-474-3746 if you are in the U.S. or 1-805-214-2100 if you are an international customer with any questions. Additionally, you may also email the Customer Service department at [email protected] with questions, or [email protected], if you're looking to exchange an item that arrived damaged.

Those that ordered from a retailer should contact that company directly about exchanges.

Back